test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Agents of Yesterday be the best expansion ever?

azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
...and will the players love it?

ljP0i6.jpg

Comments

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    From what I have been playing of it on Tribble it is, IMO, definitely better than Delta Rising and we know how much the players absolutely loved it... right?
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    yes ! delta rising's only problem was, slow and unaccustomed progression during the 52-60 prozess. people enjoyed the ships ,bos ,dos (ooo how much people enjoyed those!!!) ,episodes ,dyson ground b.zone ... so in the pig picture it was a succesfull work

what's there not to love

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Delta was only a problem for old time players who were already at 50 and jumped in right away. Cryptic did a good job of fixing that. The only part of DR that I don't enjoy is the excessive spawn rate for Vaadwaur on Kobali Prime.
  • sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    the defining quote about this expansion is:

the TOS faction is AT LEAST as much of a faction as Romulans

AT LEAST

so lets see how many faction EXCLUSIVE ships, costumes, and missions they get.

Romulans get lots of faction exclusive ships.

Romulans gets lots of faction exclusive costumes.

Romulans get lots of faction exclusive missions.

he said the TOS faction is AT LEAST as much of a faction as Romulans.

so lets see if they get anywhere NEAR as much faction EXCLUSIVE stuffs as they did
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    in my opinion LOR was the best so far with the introduction of the romulan faction, I enjoyed creating and playing my romulan character tremendously and the faction is strong enough with the content added and unique enough with the romulan only areas / maps in the game to include my rom as a main character.
    so far in second place is delta obviously, I liked what they did with the sector maps and the addition of the delta quadrant was good and I enjoyed playing the delta missions with my main characters though I have never bothered to take my 3 delta alts through the story line or beyond.

I suppose you could say it remains to be seen what place the next expansion will take in my estimation of favourite expansions though from what I have heard so far I suspect it will be third, the new mini faction is not unique enough and doesn't have any ToS only areas in the main maps from what I can tell to make my soon to be ToS character anything more then another alt character and that is a shame, I already have one fed character as a main and don't see the point in having a second fed main even if he will have a slightly different starting story line, I will create a ToS character and play the new content but I suspect that once I have the character to the same point as my existing alts he will be hardly used, I suspect he will be used even less then my existing alts, I may even end up discarding him entirely.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    giving the future costumes from the lobi store to the tos toons would be a nice gesture. including them to the pack would be profitable. but temp. spelicazation ,bo abilities and maybe a tos admirallty would be conpenzation enough
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The huge specialization nerf happened shortly after the devs made that infamous statement. At the time, Delta Rising was the best STO expansion ever for lots of people since Legacy of Romulus was mostly for the Romulans. Klingons got a new tutorial while Feds had no unique content. As long as Cryptic doesn't do another idiotic mistake like the specialization nerf, then Agents of Yesterday could very will be the best expansion ever. It will certainly be the most nostalgic expansion ever.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    TOS a new faction? That's stretching the definition of faction. At 60 you're gonna be in the same ships and at the same homeworld as Fed is now, so no.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    TOS a new faction? That's stretching the definition of faction. At 60 you're gonna be in the same ships and at the same homeworld as Fed is now, so no.

You mean level 10. :/
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    TOS themed Fed-centric "time travel" expansion. It's almost as if they asked me what's the three things I'm least interested in seeing more of for STO, then combined them together.

I suspect I'll be largely indifferent about it.

The only thing that looks even remotely interesting to me is the new specialization, because it seems to be built around exotic damage.

I suppose I'm also curious to see what the new zones will offer, but my expectations aren't exactly high, I imagine it'll be just more of the same--a bunch of AOE trash being thrown at us, likely with some kind of obnoxious, repetitive voice over in the background.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    New TOS Ships...

I'm Happy.

f6a4fcb351a2f1bc3e1d1cfd60b2b102.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I hope not. I hope that Cryptic will continue to improve.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »

This.

Though according to the devs even tribble only has a very small portion of what's to come.
    But considering how hard they try to dodge the question concerning TOS "faction" exclusive content I don't expect any more than what we've seen so far. :/
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

This.

Though according to the devs even tribble only has a very small portion of what's to come.
    But considering how hard they try to dodge the question concerning TOS "faction" exclusive content I don't expect any more than what we've seen so far. :/

Yeeeeah.

If this new faction is to be AT LEAST as much of a faction as the Romulans were, Cryptic still have 20+ TOS exclusive missions to add..
    The time frame we have until this releases, not likely.

When I say TOS exclusive missions, they can be in the future, past or present, but they must be only playable by the TOS faction only.
    Missions playable by all factions, of course, do not count.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2016

This.

see everyone seems to be focusing on content to define whether this is a new faction, the way I see it, it wouldn't matter if we had 100 ToS only missions I will never consider it to be a faction, where as they could have given us say a dominion faction or a borg faction or even a cardassian faction with just 2 or 3 missions and I would have called it a faction purely and simply because they would stand apart with their uniqueness from any of the existing factions.
    a ToS character is just too fed to be considered anything other then part of the fed faction.
    they could have had the AoY event and introduced the ToS as just a new character line for the fed faction introduced to celebrate the star trek 50th anniversary and I would have been fine with that but to class this as a new faction is just wrong.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    azniadeet wrote: »
    ...and will the players love it?

ljP0i6.jpg

It involves TOS so by definition it cannot be the best expansion ever.

As for the "best ever" gag, check how Risa is advertised this year.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Honestly speaking..

Delta Rising set the bar so low it should be easy to improve on.

Even after time, I still hate the Delta arc more then any part of the story line. Delta Rising just did so much wrong, and I do believe that Cryptic knows that. I don't think it's a coincidence that they're trying to re-create the Legacy of Romulus expansion with the next release. The Romulan expansion was by far the most popular with players and it seems they're trying to go more in that type of direction.

I just hope the story content is better. Honestly.. the writing for DR was tedious, boring, and annoying.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I have spent some time on Tribble and played the six missions that are available.
    Beside from the bugs that are natural on Tribble, the missions were cool and I had a great experience playing them even if I am not a TOS fan.

I don't know if it will beat LoR, cause the Romulans are Romulans, and they are super awesome. but it will probably beat Delta Rising.
    21ajpqt.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I hope that this new expansion will be a success because delta rising was a mess: boring and annoying missions, levelling too slow (until they changed that), etc.
  • valenjavalenja Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    i think ... rainbows everywhere
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    I for one can't wait for it to launch. Need some fresh content. Not much to do these days but shake my booty on Risa.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    valenja wrote: »
    i think ... rainbows everywhere

One of the reasons why I look forward to the temporal rep. Rainbow of death. :D
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I for one can't wait for it to launch. Need some fresh content. Not much to do these days but shake my booty on Risa.

Haven't played for over a month now, going to log in first thing on Launch day. Risa didn't have anything interesting IMO.

21ajpqt.png
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Looking back on it I enjoyed most of Delta Rising. I know some people were angry with the delays between missions 55-60 level but I had no issues there.

What killed it was the bloated bags of mostly HP in the advanced queues. This was designed to force upgrade purchases - zen to dil. When that dream finally dies YEARS later I can say that DR was very nice. I enjoyed seeing some old friends.

AOY will fall like the led balloon when TOS fanatics get dumped into the 25th century after 1 hour of gameplay. It's going to make DR look like LOR.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    AOY will fall like the led balloon when TOS fanatics get dumped into the 25th century after 1 hour of gameplay. It's going to make DR look like LOR.

lol. This will be perhaps the most interesting part of the new expansion. can't wait to see all these threads full of rage :p
    Post edited by sennahcherib on
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    It's the first expansion I've spent money on. So it's already the best expansion ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the defining quote about this expansion is:

the TOS faction is AT LEAST as much of a faction as Romulans

AT LEAST

so lets see how many faction EXCLUSIVE ships, costumes, and missions they get.

Romulans get lots of faction exclusive ships.

Romulans gets lots of faction exclusive costumes.

Romulans get lots of faction exclusive missions.

he said the TOS faction is AT LEAST as much of a faction as Romulans.

so lets see if they get anywhere NEAR as much faction EXCLUSIVE stuffs as they did
    the butthurt is strong with this one. Your definition is not the same one the devs use.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg