test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you play a Virtual Reality MMORPG

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
If you want an idea what I mean, watch Sword Art Online, it shows 100% what I mean.

But would you put your mind into a game to play it?

Here is a trailer to SAO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ohYYtxfDCg

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2016
    So something along the Tron Legacy and Gamer (2009) movies?

I would but the tech is not there and I don't see it happing soon. Maybe not even in my lifetime.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    It's getting closer than you think. Between the body suits, and the new VR setups, your not to far off from being in the game.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    only if i can be my werewolf avatar in any game i'm part of​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
    Would be interesting. However we are a LONG way from the level of SAO.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The first time something like this happens, it will most likely be for P*O*R*N, not gaming. (maybe P*o*r*n-Gaming)

So NO, I wouldn't bother with it because I have a Real Live Lady in my life, and I don't need fake sex or an AI-Relationship.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I agree with Rattler that level of tech is to convert human brain signals into computer code to replicate near instantaneous and duplicated movement of a virtual avatar. That's extremely advanced technology that we don't have. But if we do then yes I woukd as long as I can be a wolf - human hybrid
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,076 Community Moderator
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I agree with Rattler that level of tech is to convert human brain signals into computer code to replicate near instantaneous and duplicated movement of a virtual avatar. That's extremely advanced technology that we don't have. But if we do then yes I woukd as long as I can be a wolf - human hybrid

I'll be a kitsune! ^^
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    no, you won't...you'll be a blue fox and you know it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    I would use it, but like the others are saying, we're a loooong way of. In SAO, it was 2020s or something like that. At our current rate, it'd likely be 2040s or later before that sort of tech would be feasible.
  • Options
    Ok so when your old and grey, will you play a VRMMORPG? haha Come on guys, I know this tech is far far away, but the closest we have now are suits and headsets. So would you are least play with a setup that has the full body suit with headset? Of course the surround sound too.

But still to play in a VRMMORPG like what you see with SAO that would be so sweet, minus the death angle. lol
  • Options
    well, considering your physical frailties don't mean a thing in cyberspace...yes, i would be playing one when i'm old and gray​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »

I have to ask, who is in your Avatar/sig-pic? Because I can totally see you wanting to play as them...
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    1) Damn you furries...

But... being human all the time is boring! ;)
  • Options
    being human PERIOD is boring​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,990 Arc User
    VR, not my cup of tea really
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      ...i think you're seeing yourself in the mirror​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
      Its Crash. What do you expect?
    • Options
      edited June 2016
      i expect that a dragon that can talk would be smart enough to recognize himself in a mirror...​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
      gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      I main humans in STO and theyre anything but boring.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
      Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
      He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
      He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    • Options
      i expect that a dragon that can talk would be smart enough to recognize himself in a mirror...​​

Its CRASH. What do you expect?
      Think he's still hiding from Godzilla for owing money...
      gradii wrote: »
      I main humans in STO and theyre anything but boring.

But... you main Human in RL too!
    • Options
      well, at least hiding from godzilla is understandable...crash is a tiny, purple dragonthing and godzilla is...well, godzilla - he can fire YAMATO BLASTS from his jaws, for chrissake​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
      coldnapalm wrote: »

That's why I choose not to be one...but doesn't mean I have to be a furry :p .

To tell the truth... I only have one character in STO with fur. 1 Caitian out of 8 characters, soon to be 9 when the expansion launches.

As to wanting to be a kitsune in a VRMMO... I like foxes. :D Foxes are cool.
    • Options
      wolves rule, foxes drool​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
      Tails disagrees.
      Tails-and-Cheese-trying-to-be-cool-miles-tails-prower-10041031-640-479.jpg
    • Options
      you're right...you're violet​​

#LegalizeAwoo