test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mr Gecko says TOS faction content is SPECIFICALLY for them!

124»

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm going for TOS authenticity!

Humans, with a crew of mostly humans!

We're going to go out there and explore the vastness of space in an attempt to introspectively learn more about our own humanity. We plan to do this boldly and are hopeful we can encounter strange new worlds and vast civilizations.
    ^^^^
    Pretty much that's my take too. This character and crew will be 23rd century people in the 25th century (IE I'm using only TOS Blue Twin Beam Banks and Photon Torpedo Launchers - which I'll upgrade to MkXIV); and I'll stick to ships from the 23c era (or ships that allow me to use a 23c. era ship skin) - with the point being to maintain a 23c. aesthetic and look to the group.

So, yeah, this won't be a ultra min-maxed 80K plus DPSER - but I'm sure I can easily get to 20-30K; which is more get
    enough for any of the content in STO. If anything it's going to be an interesting exercise to see just how high I can get DPS output while maintaining JUST using TOS style weapons/gear/costumes that allows me to maintain that 23c. look/feel.

(And yes, for the other gear I still use ship deflector/shields sets/console' with visuals turned off or gear that allows me to keep the 'look' of the TOS era.)

I really wish/hope Cryptic decides to expand and include 23c. versions of at least the Space Boff skills ABOVE the Ensign level and give at least the TOS faction a way to acquire those versions after leaving the glorified 6 mission tutorial.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    And, one could, especially with the stuff in Geko's quote I highlighted, expect such, as they knew going in that what they were lining up and "calling" a "faction" was, in many ways, not what a "true true faction" would entail - yet they went ahead with calling TOSians a "faction" instead of something new, like "alternate Federation Animation Collection"...
    So what is a "true" faction? because all of them in STO are different. In terms of coding, the TOSers ARE a separate faction... they don't actually share races with the federation from a coding POV. If you look at them they are 23c Humans, etc...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg