test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thinking about buying me my first T6 starship.

2»

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    If I may, I'd like to offer some advice, some of which I don't think anyone's mentioned yet. (Unless I'm just unobservant.) First, think about the bridge officer abilities you like to use. Then use the wiki to check out which ships can slot the most of what bridge officers you like. While you're at it, check out all stats that matter to you. Second, what is your play style? I chose my first (and only) tier six ship because I wanted a science/cruiser hybrid. Third, what are your other captains going to be? If, for example, you are going to use only one Fed and a bunch of Klingons, then you may want to think about a Klingon tier six, instead. Fourth, you said that you are going to get the free ship from the event. Good move. When you get it, focus more on building up that ship to be a beast than getting more ships. A mediocre ship decked out with the right weapons, consoles, crew and all that is better than the latest tier six ship that's not built well. Also, flying that ship for a while will give you a feel for that type of ship. Fifth, as was mentioned, there are a few ships you can get on the exchange for under 20 million that will do just fine. Most of that cost is the starship upgrade token that you will need. The ships are the Malon battle cruiser, APU cruiser, Tholian meshweaver, Nihydron Destroyer, and the Kazon Raider. That's two cruisers, three tac ships, but no science vessel. Hope that helps. Don't forget to tell us what ship you eventually get.

The OP already stated that they were a Fed Captain looking for a T6.
    I agree with these ship choices as well. Under cruiser, I would add in the T6 Battlecruiser-Arbiter Class. One of the most tactically oriented cruisers we have, with engineer survival ability and lots of maneuverability Been my fav for along time, and pull some crazy dps numbers with it. Great fit for a tactical captain.

Thanks for the second. I didn't include the T6 Arbiter because I have no experience with her. But she is a solid one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think the Guardian is a pretty solid cruiser, can't really go wrong with it. Has a good console and one of my favorite starship traits: desperate repairs. It's a very versatile ship.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The one downside to Desperate Repairs is that it triggers anytime you recieve a crit. So if you get 3 crits right off the bat, you'll get that hull heal when you're at full health. So while it is a good trait, it does have its downsides.

But yea, the Guardian is very solid.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    if they're strong enough crits, chances are you've lost some significant hull...especially if the crits came from a torpedo spread

$*&$*(%* terrans...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    The Endeavour class tactical flagship is a good choice, very versatile
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
      I have to echo the comment about buying ships of the exchange like the APU, the Kazon Raider, the Meshweaver, etc. One of my alts is flying the Meshweaver, and it is a lot of fun, and much less expensive than the Zen needed to buy most T6 ships. In fact, they have the Scryer set up too, but I prefer the Tholian ship.
      "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    • Options
      officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
      Beware buying those APU, the Kazon Raider, the Meshweaver, etc. as they require a T5U upgrade token.
    • Options
      berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
      The Upgrade Token and the Ship can be purchased on the exchange for a very good price. In fact, it frequently pays to figure out (if using Zen to buy something like that) if it is better to buy the item, or to buy keys, sell them, and use the proceeds to buy your item.
      "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock