test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nicole De Boer and Terry Ferrell for voice work?

2»

Comments

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Here's a crazy thought ... since we did finally RESPOND to the Undine, wouldn't it be cool if she came out of retirement?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ezri Dax may still be around as Captain of the Aventine, so she is plausible. Jadzia... only if Jadzia is still alive in the Mirror Universe or we do a time travel back to DS9 before she was killed.
    She resigned from Starfleet in protest of the Federation's inactiveness on the Undine front,can't remember where ingame I read that
    well, i have no idea which part of the backstory it's from then; the path to 2409 has only one mention of ezri dax and it referred to her as already being retired​​

The following is from The Path to 2409 lore snippets from before STO launched, also available from the History Datapad items players can get from the Academies. (text available on STOWiki, go to Volume 22, Chapter 5):
    A contingent of retired and current Starfleet officers, including Ambassador Worf, Admirals Beverly Crusher, Kathryn Janeway and Chakotay and retired Captains Ezri Dax and Tuvok appealed to the Federation Council to reconsider its position on the Klingon-Gorn war.

"The Undine threat is real," Admiral Chakotay told the Council. "The Klingons know it. We should acknowledge it. Perhaps if we were helping them fight the Undine, more innocent people could be saved."

"There's a war coming, and it will be a long one."

Ambassador Sokketh of Vulcan led the opposition. "While we acknowledge and are grateful for the service of these fine Starfleet officers, the threat of the Undine is overstated," Sokketh says. "I'm sure, given time, that we will be able to come to a peaceful resolution with these ... observers from fluidic space."

After the council closed its session, Ambassador Worf resigned his position with the Federation and returned to Qo'noS for good.

"I can no longer support a regime that willfully ignores danger and puts itself and its citizens in harm's way," Worf wrote in a letter to Federation President Aennik Okeg. "I am Klingon, and I must follow the path of honor."
    From this it sounds like Worf was the only one who quit the Federation over the Undine mess, Ezri had already retired from Starfleet well before it was even an issue. So she could easily come back if she wanted to. Of course, it also said that Tuvok was retired at that point, yet in-game apparently he's been cruising around in Voyager with his Rear Admiral pip for a long while, so...retcon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    those are books...NOT STO - cryptic's writer doesn't even have the ability to make a character 3-d, never mind a mary sue/gary stu​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    cryptic took a rank and a ship name from a book...doesn't mean they'd take the entire character personality if they decided to bring in ezri for a story arc

and the aventine is hardly a god ship here...it may have been when the vesta pack was first released, but there are FAR stronger science vessels flying about now

hell, your little nova could probably kick the aventine's TRIBBLE all the way back to utopia planitia (or wherever the ship was constructed)

you want something to complain about from that book series, pick something that actually matters...like catoms​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Ezri Dax may still be around as Captain of the Aventine, so she is plausible. Jadzia... only if Jadzia is still alive in the Mirror Universe or we do a time travel back to DS9 before she was killed.
    She resigned from Starfleet in protest of the Federation's inactiveness on the Undine front,can't remember where ingame I read that
    well, i have no idea which part of the backstory it's from then; the path to 2409 has only one mention of ezri dax and it referred to her as already being retired​​

The following is from The Path to 2409 lore snippets from before STO launched, also available from the History Datapad items players can get from the Academies. (text available on STOWiki, go to Volume 22, Chapter 5):
    A contingent of retired and current Starfleet officers, including Ambassador Worf, Admirals Beverly Crusher, Kathryn Janeway and Chakotay and retired Captains Ezri Dax and Tuvok appealed to the Federation Council to reconsider its position on the Klingon-Gorn war.

"The Undine threat is real," Admiral Chakotay told the Council. "The Klingons know it. We should acknowledge it. Perhaps if we were helping them fight the Undine, more innocent people could be saved."

Ambassador Sokketh of Vulcan led the opposition. "While we acknowledge and are grateful for the service of these fine Starfleet officers, the threat of the Undine is overstated," Sokketh says. "I'm sure, given time, that we will be able to come to a peaceful resolution with these ... observers from fluidic space."

After the council closed its session, Ambassador Worf resigned his position with the Federation and returned to Qo'noS for good.

"I can no longer support a regime that willfully ignores danger and puts itself and its citizens in harm's way," Worf wrote in a letter to Federation President Aennik Okeg. "I am Klingon, and I must follow the path of honor."
    From this it sounds like Worf was the only one who quit the Federation over the Undine mess, Ezri had already retired from Starfleet well before it was even an issue. So she could easily come back if she wanted to. Of course, it also said that Tuvok was retired at that point, yet in-game apparently he's been cruising around in Voyager with his Rear Admiral pip for a long while, so...retcon?
    One thing that caught my attention was the name Sokketh. He's one of the guys we find out is really an Undine.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

One thing that caught my attention was the name Sokketh. He's one of the guys we find out is really an Undine.

Yeah, except when you pay attention to the text in "Diplomatic Orders" it's pretty clear the Undine hasn't replaced him for very long, a few months at most. And I'll point out that the Undine was really frakking bad at it: his aide thought he'd had a sudden onset of Bendii Syndrome.

It's certainly an ironic death for him, but when he said that he was still himself and acting in good faith. Also notice that this was in the context of the Klingons going off half-cocked and launching a military offensive against a neutral power, and the last time they did that they were doing exactly what the infiltrators wanted them to do.

Besides, J'mpok was agitating for war with the Federation well before the Undine were a factor; the Federation telling him they wouldn't support his invasion just gave him an excuse to scrap the Khitomer Accords.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    I dunno... Sokketh was said to have been somewhat reclusive and may not have talked to people on a regular basis. Also... didn't they say they found his remains?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Since you have summoned him, here's Mark Hamill Bladerunner-style. Welcome back to the glorious 80's:
    lZlMQSI.jpg
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    edited May 2016
    'remains' can mean anything from a seconds-dead corpse to a picked or rotted-clean skeleton to a small bit of ash or a piece of hair or a tooth​​

#LegalizeAwoo

I dunno... Sokketh was said to have been somewhat reclusive and may not have talked to people on a regular basis. Also... didn't they say they found his remains?

Yeah, and he hadn't been dead for very long.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

I'm going with rotted skeleton...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    considering sokketh's page on the STO wiki says his remains were discovered several months after his death...yeah, it wouldn't have been a fresh corpse - however, depending on the environment inside his home, it likely wouldn't have been skeletonized either, but more mummified​​

#LegalizeAwoo

considering sokketh's page on the STO wiki says his remains were discovered several months after his death...yeah, it wouldn't have been a fresh corpse - however, depending on the environment inside his home, it likely wouldn't have been skeletonized either, but more mummified​​

My point is, he hadn't been dead for long enough to have been an Undine when he was at the hearing in 2401.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    While it is cool Cryptic wants Trek actors for voice work, they obviously cost money. I do like it when a character from one of the series or films shows up in game. I am appreciative they are willing to do so. BUT, I wonder if this money gets a good return on investment? I sometimes think the operating budget for this game should be skewed a little more towards content and a little less towards VOs.

One would expect that kind of attitude from a Jade Chicken...