test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Missions] Crashing to Desktop/Unable to transfer player container **Please Read before posting**

bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
edited May 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Good Evening all,

So, myself and @sqwished have been looking into the Crashing to Desktop issue, cataloguing the reports and submitting them to the Dev team via the Operations Support Team.

The good news is that the team are well and truely aware of the issues. The even better news? Well, the team is hard at work investigating the CtD issue in an attempt to nail down what is causing the issue.

As soon as we have any more information, you'll be made aware.

Thanks for your patience and the amazing @pwlaughingtrendy for keeping us in the loop.
bobsled624

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
Post edited by bobsled624 on

Comments

• tzeldan52#6720 tzeldan52 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    If this helps - instead of Crashing to Desktop when trying to Start "Fires on the Homefront" I instead received the message "Unable to transfer player container" and then was taken to the login screen.

Just did it again and this time checked the log after getting the container error - this is the entry

160523 03:01:13 570 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    Post edited by tzeldan52#6720 on
  • raylongkniferaylongknife Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    And the bug goes on. Out in the Cold still crashes when you enter the first map of the episode and Cold Comfort still crashes when you board the ship on the first map of that episode. I get that the graphics for the weird system environment is causing the first one, or at least that's what I've seen from other complaints made, but the second I have no idea. Heck, I'd favor changing the system map to a simpler one until the issue gets figured out, then changing it to the fixed version. At least then people could actually get the mission done. At first I was getting kicked to desktop, now I get "unable to transfer player container" like the guy above me.
  • lilithene666lilithene666 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    When trying to beam over to the USS Kirk on City on the Edge of Never I get "Unable to transfer player container" and “Stranded In Space” Cannot be started - CTD every time.
    31zGn5b.jpg
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Got the CtD for "Fires on the homefront" phase of Surface Tension too; also got the "unable to transfer player container" error.
  • meadowvale#0505 meadowvale Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Got the CtD when starting Delta Quadrant mission "Revolution" and error message "unable to transfer player container"
  • anirishbastrdanirishbastrd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I was getting the CTD for the Romulan story line mission Last Stand: Candle in a Hurricane. Now it has changed to Unable to transfer Player Container and puts me to the log-in screen. Unfortunately I am still leveling up and have no way to skip this mission.. I guess Im stuck until they fix the issue.
  • dboura01dboura01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Now just getting cannot transfer player container errors instead of a CTD
  • kyrt32483kyrt32483 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    A friend of mine and I are getting cannot transfer player container on the mission "Abducted"
  • jovianusjovianus Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Getting the cannot transfer player container on the 'Hunting Iconians' stage of the mission "Broken Circle"
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Yeah, looking at BOFF traits can cause you to crash now, too. That's a fun one. There's a post on the front page (currently) about it. Have had others mention it as well, that's
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I just got the "Unable to transfer player container" message when trying to access the promenade from the outer hull of DS9 in Boldly they rode
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    FWIW, Zones work fine so far. I could enter any zone without problems the last 2 days. Dyson, Kobali, Defera, Badlands - all fine.
  • jack413man#5351 jack413man Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have been getting these errors too. First it was a crash when I clicked to leave the station in keep enemies closer, i maybe wrong on the name. Now its cannot transfer player container. I thought it was isolated to my Klingon but now it happened on a Starfleet mission. I do hope this is fixed and soon.
  • kheallerkhealler Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    "Unable to transfer player container" when beaming to the station during Night of Comet - Reliving the Past.
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    same problem in multiple location, Rom Cave mission, helix starting Rom mission....what does work?
    basically nothing except zones, stf and foundry.
  • spectre21184spectre21184 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I created a new romulan character and it won't let me start the helix mission; thankfully I've not crashed to desk but now instead like many others I am getting the "cannot transfer to container". I'm hoping to find an eta on a fix though
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Shadow Play romulan mission - Could Not Transfer Player Container. Crash to Login.
    This is getting out of hand. Emergency power to Patch!
    Or are they waiting until thursday?
  • phyzelphyzel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Well, they have to find the cause before issuing a cure. Personally, I suspect a Breen operative planted a virus in the servers.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I can't do anything with any of my characters now. Each one is stuck on a story mission unable to progress. Even in the event I skip it the next one does the same thing. Can't level, can't do much now. Hope this gets fixed real soon (not Thursday) like today.

Guess I will go play something else until this is fixed and come back once it is cause as it is right now can't progress.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Thank you - and the rest of the OST and Dev Team - for the quick response, bobsled, and for trying to keep us in the loop. Have you heard of any success tracking down the source of the problem or when it might be cleared up?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    Hey Guys,

Word has come back from Lord Commander @pwlaughingtrendy that this is still under investigation. Apparently what's happened is that the fix for the CTD issue went through, but this has uncovered another error that's causing the player container transfer error.

The team is working on this for us and, now that it's Monday and a full team at their disposal, we should see progress in the next little while.

I'll let you know as more information is available.

bobsled624

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    bobsled624 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Word has come back from Lord Commander @pwlaughingtrendy that this is still under investigation. Apparently what's happened is that the fix for the CTD issue went through, but this has uncovered another error that's causing the player container transfer error.

The team is working on this for us and, now that it's Monday and a full team at their disposal, we should see progress in the next little while.

I'll let you know as more information is available.

bobsled624

I would just like to say thank-you to you and everyone else who was working on this through the weekend (and those still working on it now). I'm sure you guys don't hear it enough.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    *Winces*

Oo, chain-errors, that's never a fun thing to deal with - the team has my sympathy and my hopes for a rapid resolution.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    Ok,,, so i'm not going nuts and my machine doesnt need a new graphics card.. This is a good thing.. Well, too late for the nuts part anyway but thats ok..
    I've been experiencing this issue since last week, and have been doing a lot of testing since my graphics card isnt exactly the newest or fanciest, but, I discovered a work around that works for me..
    When you CTD or get the container error, instead of loggin g back in, close the program and do something else for twenty or thirty minutes.. Log back in, drop your mission, then re-hail starfleet/romulus/quonos and select the mission again or simply try to resume the mission.. One of those will work..
    Waiting patiently..
    Emeraldus.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Hey folks,

We just made a change to the structure that should hopefully resolve this. I'm with the network team monitoring the gameserver error tracker right now.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    Hey folks,

We just made a change to the structure that should hopefully resolve this. I'm with the network team monitoring the gameserver error tracker right now.

You sir, are awesome.. thank you..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg