test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tested on Trible and WOW

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
Men that 4th faction is cool it makes you feel that you are right there in the scene. Never had that with startrek online Feds.
I'm amazed, never had I feeling for the romulans nor for the 2410 federation but this tos is amazing maybe because I saw the series and now do it myself. even my wife who doesn't do games said it was nice... It's the difference between sim city and city skylines. attention for details mission story is well just great. Well done STO Team and Thanks so far !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    As a FTP player with no access to tribble at this point, I am really looking forward to the new content and can't wait to try it out, even more so after your promising feedback, cheers :)
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    Well upgrade to Gold or LTS it realy is worth it now !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • doctornexdoctornex Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Men that third faction is cool
    Don't you mean fourth?

• horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Yeah; The filters they have chosen really make it beautiful. The content seems smaller than LoR or DR (More so with LoR; DR had too much filler) but it looks good doing it :smiley: .
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

doctornex wrote: »
    Men that third faction is cool
    Don't you mean fourth?

Yes Typo, thanks for the sharp eye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the sharpnes of doctornex I edit my text .... thanks again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

For early access to unpolished WIP content? Don't confuse this with a rant or anything but subscribing just to access tribble now might disappoint people.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    i will dont call a 4 faction i will say more a sto inside sto because in some point later this will be add to the current story list to play soo anyone with his toon in admiral lvl will play too with no need to create a new character
    nexus.jpg

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    Tribbles testes are bigger than you might expect.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Yeah; The filters they have chosen really make it beautiful. The content seems smaller than LoR or DR (More so with LoR; DR had too much filler) but it looks good doing it :smiley: .
    Well, it's obviously unfinished. they haven't even finished building the mission journal for the TOS faction.

I have to say that I love the way they re-did the UI for the TOS mini-faction. It's a lot like the Fed UI but in pastels. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

For early access to unpolished WIP content? Don't confuse this with a rant or anything but subscribing just to access tribble now might disappoint people.
    Used to be they'd give us rewards for testing. Now they expect us to pay for it. Yeah, no thanks.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I've been on Tribble and so far It was good, Right until the Nakuhl showed up. However the Film grain needs to go. if it doesn't I wont be able to play it that much as the Headaches it causes me will force me to log off after a bit.

As for the Nakuhl, They should have been saved and kept as a shadowy figure, Like in ST:ENT. Yes bring them in but make the reveal much bigger. It was kind of a let down for me to see them. As well as predictable. As I moved down a corridor I said Now the Nakuhl show up. Get there and the Nakuhl showed up.

Now the First two episodes I really enjoyed. They felt like the TOS. More like that and less of the Temporal stuff at least until level 40. I dont know about others but when I am in the 23rd century I want to enjoy it. Not have to rush to get to 2410.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I've been on Tribble and so far It was good, Right until the Nakuhl showed up. However the Film grain needs to go. if it doesn't I wont be able to play it that much as the Headaches it causes me will force me to log off after a bit.

As for the Nakuhl, They should have been saved and kept as a shadowy figure, Like in ST:ENT. Yes bring them in but make the reveal much bigger. It was kind of a let down for me to see them. As well as predictable. As I moved down a corridor I said Now the Nakuhl show up. Get there and the Nakuhl showed up.

Now the First two episodes I really enjoyed. They felt like the TOS. More like that and less of the Temporal stuff at least until level 40. I dont know about others but when I am in the 23rd century I want to enjoy it. Not have to rush to get to 2410.

dont spoil it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User

dont spoil it.

I wont go into details other than what I have said.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Just wish the Tribble testing wasn't so bug ridden. Keep getting stuck, kicked, etc.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Gods I hope they kill that... Depth of Field and Film Grain almost invariably give me headaches and visually ruin a game at the same time.
    talonxv wrote: »
    Just wish the Tribble testing wasn't so bug ridden. Keep getting stuck, kicked, etc.

You do understand the concept of TESTING right? Thats the entire point of putting it on tribble right now
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.

dont spoil it.

You know how we like it @mirrochaos, my Love.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

as koda mentioned, thats what tribble is there for. we find and cryptic fixes the bugs so the rest dont have to worry too much about show stopper bugs like that rifle equip glitch last week. more of them are crushed under foot the less of an avalanche cryptic can find itself under with bug fixing after launch.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    Gods I hope they kill that... Depth of Field and Film Grain almost invariably give me headaches and visually ruin a game at the same time.

You do understand the concept of TESTING right? Thats the entire point of putting it on tribble right now

No, I've never been an alpha or beta tester before(alpha tested World of Warplanes and beta tested World of Warships). You can have testing and have a stable environment. Been in them quite often so that holds zero water.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    [quote="equinox976;12939491"]Tribbles testes are bigger than you might expect. [/quote]

:o um....ok.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited May 2016
    No, I've never been an alpha or beta tester before(alpha tested World of Warplanes and beta tested World of Warships). You can have testing and have a stable environment. Been in them quite often so that holds zero water.

Well, jumping on a TEST server and bitching about bug seems rather... dull witted
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Are there opportunities to test the new ships at higher levels right now on test, or aren't they introduced yet?
    koppster wrote: »
    Are there opportunities to test the new ships at higher levels right now on test, or aren't they introduced yet?
    even if they were programmed in(which they aren't), you can't get Z-store ships in the SY on tribble :/.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

as koda mentioned, thats what tribble is there for. we find and cryptic fixes the bugs so the rest dont have to worry too much about show stopper bugs like that rifle equip glitch last week. more of them are crushed under foot the less of an avalanche cryptic can find itself under with bug fixing after launch.

Thanks @mirrorchaos an interesting point of view.

Well, jumping on a TEST server and bitching about bug seems rather... dull witted

No I wasn't whining about a bug, I was whining about a STABLE ENVIORNMENT. Constantly getting booted for zero reason is stupid.

granted some of the bugs while annoying, I understand why they happen. But keeping a stable game while checking for bugs, that's silly not to do.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Yh i tryed the first mission. Looked epic. I wont go further as when i did that with lor is kinda spoiled it for me. Looks fantastic so far. So want a tmp 1 next
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,234 Arc User

You can say that again. 9 times out of 10 Depth of Field and Film Grain make a game or area look much worse often ruining the scene all for worse performance. I don't understand why the devs would want to visually ruin an area for worse performance. Depth of Field and Film Grain are even worse then the new sector map that has downgraded graphics over the old map.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

I thought the purpose of Tribble was to test certain builds and ships so we don't make a huge mistake on the Holodeck server. So if you get a Lockbox ship, then you can test it out on Tribble to see if it is something you like before making a huge mistake by opening it up and realizing it is terrible.

Few people on Closed Betas or Open Betas actually try to break the game to see what bugs or exploits are available. Most just use it to see what new content is coming out. It seems like only players that give proper feedback reports get constantly invited to Closed Beta sessions and the rest are invited for Stress Test sessions.
    No I wasn't whining about a bug, I was whining about a STABLE ENVIORNMENT. Constantly getting booted for zero reason is stupid.

granted some of the bugs while annoying, I understand why they happen. But keeping a stable game while checking for bugs, that's silly not to do.
    you should examine the situation more closely before assuming it's Cryptic's fault.

I've played 3 of the 4 missions on tribble. I even did a 2 hour podcast from the 23rd century.... Never crashed while playing. did occasionally have lag spikes or issues with loading a character in the first place though.

I did have issues with getting tribble to patch properly in the first place, but once those got fixed it worked pretty good.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I actually tried to break the TOS Tribble stuff, other than what has been discussed, I wasnt able to, which is a good sign. The only real problems I encountered was clipping terrain and seeing the inside of it, which we get on holodeck.