test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tested on Trible and WOW

2»

Comments

• johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    So far I have loved the new original series content. The first 2 missions are nice missions in the spirit of the show, the 3rd mission is cool and once all the voice overs are plugged in will be great! the 4th mission "return to babel" may be my favorite mission in the game. I can't wait for the voice overs, and the interiors are dead on! My only request is please make a certian character who at one point is on the floor in need of help able to be selected and examined almost as if they were another player with a bio and hit points and an ability to see gear....and their name. Awesome Job!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    starkaos wrote: »
    talonxv wrote: »
    Just wish the Tribble testing wasn't so bug ridden. Keep getting stuck, kicked, etc.

as koda mentioned, thats what tribble is there for. we find and cryptic fixes the bugs so the rest dont have to worry too much about show stopper bugs like that rifle equip glitch last week. more of them are crushed under foot the less of an avalanche cryptic can find itself under with bug fixing after launch.

I thought the purpose of Tribble was to test certain builds and ships so we don't make a huge mistake on the Holodeck server. So if you get a Lockbox ship, then you can test it out on Tribble to see if it is something you like before making a huge mistake by opening it up and realizing it is terrible.

Few people on Closed Betas or Open Betas actually try to break the game to see what bugs or exploits are available. Most just use it to see what new content is coming out. It seems like only players that give proper feedback reports get constantly invited to Closed Beta sessions and the rest are invited for Stress Test sessions.

i used to be invited to do closed beta on aeria games one a lifetime ago when it was fairly new, usually one of the first to be called on to test their new games, back then essentially i was a moderator for a month with the ability to get early access on updates. i done my share of testing and reporting. but others may exploit what they can find, duplicate it and then report it with steps taken as to how it happens, if the developer can do it then it will be looked into. works for any beta game.

the feedback is important, equally the quantity of bugs is also a plus point, the more of them you find the easier will be to fix them. additionally even the ones that are fixed could have unintended consequences in that it creates other bugs and could break something somewhere that would need looking into.

tribble is not really there to find out the lockbox chances or to test a ship out, it is there to find issues and solve em primarily, once they are reported on of course.

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Well upgrade to Gold or LTS it realy is worth it now !!!

Uh how about no

I tested on tribble during LoR, when it was still for everyone, and all the feedback that was given about bugs and stuff not working was ignored, if i am going to test something im truely going to test and see if i can help make it better by reporting bugs.

As it is cryptic is using the test server as a means to show off their new shiny to the whales of the game.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    I absolutely adore the tos stuff. Bit of a downer it's only 6 missions though.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I tried - for a few days tribble didn't update and I couldn'T start due to different Version.
    And my first attempt after logging on...lasted for 2 minutes, before I got disconnected (may have been my Connection though...not sure). When I logged in again I was in shootermode, couldn't deactivate that and type "/ stuck", which I would have needed because only my head looked out of the mud
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User

I got Gold, but I never messed with the beta servers, always kinda worried about mucking something up when i transfer my character over to it... are there any good guides to doing this?

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Few people on Closed Betas or Open Betas actually try to break the game to see what bugs or exploits are available.
    Well, get to it! As a former programmer myself, I can assure you that the end users can come up with limitless things to do with the software that the development team never dreamed of. End-user testing is the only way to find the hidden bugs. Push the game! Do weird things that you're sure were never intended! Find where it's broken, and then report it!

Or brace yourself for fifty-seven threads in here on Day One complaining about how incompetent the devs are and how the game is irreparably broken and going to die any day now...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    With really good testing we could probably get that down to thirty-eight threads... :)

On the other hand I just bought a hundred bucks of STO zeni yesterday and because I didn't spend that money on the exact service they've chosen to act as a padlock on the test server, I can't test. Its kind of a weird process they've got going on over there.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »

I got Gold, but I never messed with the beta servers, always kinda worried about mucking something up when i transfer my character over to it... are there any good guides to doing this?

I went to the test forum and figured it out, D'oh!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    nikeix wrote: »
    With really good testing we could probably get that down to thirty-eight threads... :)
    nah... itd still be 57 threads, just the excess would be about how much it sucked or should have been done differently
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    unotetsu wrote: »

It's a copy of your character that goes over there, the original isn't affected in any way. It's pretty straightforward, just need to select the character and the server on the transfer page and it's done.

• captsparticus79captsparticus79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am trying to get into Tribble and it keeps crashing and then right now it is patching over and over again,, my computer has no issues with the patches cause ive played Tribble many MANY time before ,but this TRIBBLE is happening ugh please help.....
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I am trying to get into Tribble and it keeps crashing and then right now it is patching over and over again,, my computer has no issues with the patches cause ive played Tribble many MANY time before ,but this TRIBBLE is happening ugh please help.....

report to the tribble section in the test servers folder on the forum. there you can try find work arounds if there are any.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    My very first AoY test toon, I made the Friday it came out on Tribble. Sailed right through all the game stopping bugs like the Rifle-Equip Bug and the Non-Spawning Chief Bug. Knew I was lucky. Went right through the second mission, too. All of it was awesome. Epic. Then, I decided to see what happened if I tried to transwarp to the Hearts and Minds mission. Now, poor Artie and his whole crew are stuck in the 25th Century, unable to transwarp out, unable to beam down to any other planets. Even the option to transwarp to the next mission, once they came out, didn't help. Oh well.

That's what bug testing is all about. lol
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    Sometimes love the bugs they may give pain in the head from time to time but that's where the fun is just love to try out stuff...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."