What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS Mission "Bull By The Horns"

12346»

Comments

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I'm at the rifle bug as well. Yes, it's frustrating. But that is the life of being game tester. We agreed to this playstyle when we logged on the Tribble Shard.

Be mindful that the Devs producer just returned from Germany for the FedCon. He was gone all weekend. I imagine quite the set of meetings on Monday. Much discussion regarding PR for the game and just now to respond to criticism of what is known thus far. Additional Q/A testing before moving to further player testing is my guess.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    The mission has been changed so equip rifle is no longer a part of it, but that introduced a second glitch in that the targetable debris is no longer targetable. You can progress with ease though by going in shooter mode.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Just gotta say, the loudest voice I've seen complaining about the Devs not fixing mistakes has a ratio of about 1 typo per every 4 words in their last post.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Debris can not be targeted to Demonstrate Alternate Firing.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Enter FPS mode ('b' key by default) to manually target the debris.
  • Options
    mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I have reached the end of bull by the horns, but during the map transition, game hard crashes to desktop. Any attempts to reload the game, with or without file verification, results in hard crash as soon as map is loaded.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    tos ships got voyager warp drive / nacels?

Yeah I noticed that I thought it, I was mistaken.

• Options
    alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Managed to get past the rifle bug. Now I'm crashing to desktop after retreating to the wreckage and scanning for heat signatures.

EDIT - and then for the 3rd time today I have to patch tribble :(
  • Options
    marilyn362636#7835 marilyn362636 Member Posts: 1 New User
    It is now July 12 and the problem has still not been fixed as my character can not get passed the rifle bug. This makes the entire game unplayable and disheartening. I would like to play it, can you please fix this?
  • Options
    zeropiumzeropium Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Found this problem myself a little while ago. Had to restart with a brand new character since you can't drop the mission. However, I did find a solution. You have to wait for the other two NPC characters to grab the rifles BEFORE you take yours. Apparently our eager hands have to be a little patient. It worked for me so I hope this helps.
  • Options
    hexwrenchhexwrench Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I just had the same problem. I logged off and back in again, and now the other NPC took a rifle and the mission can continue.
  • Options
    jonbotone#2618 jonbotone Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    he is not picking up the rifles he is just standing there
    Post edited by jonbotone#2618 on
  • Options
    kainor1kainor1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Totally posted in the wrong section. My bad :)
    Post edited by kainor1 on
    - Level 60 Commoner
  • Options
    addjazz2010addjazz2010 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can someone please let us know when this bug will be fixed or if there is a way of getting past this tutorial. Makes the whole thing unplayable and has been going on for too long now.
  • Options
    gigagary#5874 gigagary Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2016
    hold on, this is a test server? yet the games been out and able to play for a while now....how does that make sense?

also Im having that same issue, miller became a living statue, and my partner is still setting up the target to "practice" with...can I get a rain check on the "distribution" I can do that later, thay can be statues until the missions over right?