test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Mission "Bull By The Horns"

Comments

• tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    CrypticSpartan, do we have an ETA on the tribble fix for the rifle bug? Or will it be this upcoming thursday?

My current understanding is that the patch is later today.

You are a god among men.

(And, having read another thread, this is proof that Dev's care about their playerbase, guys. Juuuuust saying.)

"what's sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander," Mr FrankCarter1

Looking forward to the patch. Silly question is what time and what zone...
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    CrypticSpartan, do we have an ETA on the tribble fix for the rifle bug? Or will it be this upcoming thursday?

My current understanding is that the patch is later today.

Just so you know spartan, your(?) team has outdone themselves with what I've currently been able to play..unfortunately, that hasn't been very much, but it's still very good. :)
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Prisoners disappeared so I can't save them after beating the chieftain.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    glad we found these bugs so quickly, even happier they're being patched just as fast
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    the build is incomplete, the doctor has a 25th century rifle because that is what the game's code thinks he should have, because what rifle he's holding has no effect on what's going on. This is like walking up to a half built house and demanding to know why there are no windows...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Sorry about the late response; the issue with equipping the rifle should be fixed in the next Tribble patch.

@crypticspartan#0627
    It was my understanding that the player was supposed to defeat the NPC using harsh language...

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lesoldatviennalesoldatvienna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Funny thing, the Klingon you see first wenn du head back to the ship and land in the shuttle bay, is using a rom plasma rifle..
    Post edited by lesoldatvienna on
    wonderfull... got a patch, now i get a message telling me that the game version is not matching the version on the server, not able to get a connection to the server and so cant play anymore.. so ok, rifle bug is done, cuz game is done.. funny way to fix buggs.. XD
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I've managed to get passed the equip rifle bug by swapping to a previously transfeered character then back, game made the progression sound and I could move on.

However (spoiler alert!) the chief I have to defeat a little later down the line isn't there, showed up in cutscene but vanished. Also some NPC's I assume I'm supposed to rescue after defeat have also gone. Will try same trick again to see if it fixes this problem.

Can't seem to do anything about this brick wall, have tried character swap, even BBQ'd self on one of the camp fires. Which, on another note, you need to add some respawn points, maybe just after entering ship or something.

Will hang on until another patch before attempting again.

UNrelated note, as many others have said, I feel it needs option to remove that grain effect, it's a bit rough on the eyes to be left unremovable. May put many off. From what I've been reading, may have already put many off.
    another 4 1/2 gb tribble patch? so about 10gb only today?
    edited May 2016
    tos ships got voyager warp drive / nacels?

Post edited by lesoldatvienna on
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    wonderfull... got a patch, now i get a message telling me that the game version is not matching the version on the server, not able to get a connection to the server and so cant play anymore.. so ok, rifle bug is done, cuz game is done.. funny way to fix buggs.. XD

I had that too, try turning off on demand patching, force verify then go back and turn on demand patching again

@lesoldatvienna

I realize you want a scoop, but please don't leak yet. (Set youtube to private as well)

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    i want what? sorry, i dont understand what you mean.

update:

after round about 9gb patch finaly i get back in the game, but still rifle bug is blocking me off.. the equiped rifle is not notified, so no progress
  • frankcarter1frankcarter1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    @crypticspartan#0627 do we know when the patch will go live tonight? I'm GMT, and I don't want to be up until 1am, waiting, if it won't be ready.
  • deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Ok so here is what I have found. If you can not equip the rifle then what you have most likely done is not gone through and clicked each oh the boxes that give the short tutorial on equipping a weapon. If you click each of the 4 boxed then wait about 30 seconds for the quest to catch up to the equip rifle part and then equip the rifle by right clicking on the rifle and selecting equip. You will be able to progress this mission and move on. The key here is to take your time and complete every last step that it gives you.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Hmm...I decided to try to unequip the rifle and pistol on my TOS toon, log into one of my previously transferred characters, and then back onto the TOS toon - just to see if that had any effect on the "equip the phaser rifle" bug.

And it deleted both the rifle and the pistol out of my inventory for some reason. :D

Hopefully those items will be returned to me after the patch that fixes the bug. Otherwise, this could potentially be a big problem if something like that goes live.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    @crypticspartan#0627 do we know when the patch will go live tonight? I'm GMT, and I don't want to be up until 1am, waiting, if it won't be ready.

No idea. We experienced an unexpected issue with the build we were planning on patching, so it's almost certainly going to be later than I originally expected.
    @crypticspartan#0627 Ah, bugger. Thanks for keeping us informed at any rate. Here's hoping you get that issue nailed down soon! I wanna bomb around in the Pioneer!
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hmm...I decided to try to unequip the rifle and pistol on my TOS toon, log into one of my previously transferred characters, and then back onto the TOS toon - just to see if that had any effect on the "equip the phaser rifle" bug.

And it deleted both the rifle and the pistol out of my inventory for some reason. :D

Hopefully those items will be returned to me after the patch that fixes the bug. Otherwise, this could potentially be a big problem if something like that goes live.

Following up on my last post:

Started a new TOS toon, and unequiped the phaser pistol before I left on the shuttle down to the planet - in anticipation of having the Rifle bug pop up again - once I loaded into the planet, my inventory was empty, so no pistol anymore.

I still can't post in game bug reports, so I figured I'd just toss this one in here.

EDIT TO UPDATE:
    I discovered that I still have the pistol, even though it isn't in my inventory. If I click on the weapons slot in the character sheet, the option to equip the pistol is there.

i want what? sorry, i dont understand what you mean.

update:

after round about 9gb patch finaly i get back in the game, but still rifle bug is blocking me off.. the equiped rifle is not notified, so no progress

A scoop. It's the term used when a journalist/reporter is the first one to report on a (large) story.
    Borticuscryptic asked (could also have been on reddit) not to leak "agents of yesterday" content which is exactly what you're doing in the YouTube video.

By changing the settings on your youtube video to private it is no longer visible to the public at large.
    I am curious (neither gold nor LTS so no access to tribble) but we have to respect the wishes of the developers that they do not want this early version scrutinized by everyone.

If leaks continue to occur they may decide not to let anyone from the players preview/play test for the next expansion.

ok, i´ve removed all videos from my postings.

the video for it selve is on youtube and not my video.
    just used google to find a way how to deal with the phaser rifle bug.. thought it would help, but didnt.
    ok, i´ve removed all videos from my postings.

the video for it selve is on youtube and not my video.
    just used google to find a way how to deal with the phaser rifle bug.. thought it would help, but didnt.

Then i owe you an apology.
    I assumed that you were the owner of that youtube account and thus the source of the leak.

• djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    not sure if this is the right section but will there be KDF and romulan TOS era stuff as i feel that would be so cool to aid players who dont want just fed and it may help ppl who would like to see more done with the romulans than just 2 unique story arcs
    The True King In The North
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Nada. Still not working. Dissapointment.
    @crypticspartan#0627 Any word on the Tribble Patch?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    not sure if this is the right section but will there be KDF and romulan TOS era stuff as i feel that would be so cool to aid players who dont want just fed and it may help ppl who would like to see more done with the romulans than just 2 unique story arcs

No, according to the Dev's, the TOS stuff will all be from the Federation point of view because all the classic episodes were from that POV.

They also have stated that They wouldn't have the time or staff to do three different story arcs.

As well as saying that there wasn't enough Klingon nor Romulan background given during TOS and They don't want to create stuff which might be countered in new official shows or movies.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    spielman1 wrote: »
    my game just did a patch and no fix as of yet do you mean the next one coming up.

It seems that every time one relaunches Tribble there is a patch...this is not an update patch. Hell, sometimes I even get reverted back to the version that popped up the version mismatch error message.
  • tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Any word on when the patch will fix the equip bug. I know they said it was going to take longer but do we know anything else?