test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Mission "Bull By The Horns"

Comments

• crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    The next time we take the Tribble shard down for maintenance and post patch notes.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    Thanks for the feedback CrypticSpartan!

So far - very excited about what I see. Had a real TOS feel to it - can't wait to get past the riffle bug ;)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Same here
    macavius wrote: »
    When you get to the phase that it requests you to equip a phaser rifle, I have done all the possible ways to move the rifle from inventory to the weapon slot and the mission is not progressing.

Also why does the Doc Muller have something newer looking?
    2016-05-12_18-35-16_zpsgtjerefw.jpg

Also Doctor Phineas Grogan, at the part where we get the rifle and the mission won't progress. They're wielding 25th century rifles.

Muh immersion is broke, bro! :D
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    ahhh ok till then I'm stuck on a planet with giant cavemen lol not an issue got other characters too use

"What's that over there?"
    *Redshirt standing there looking dumb*
    *Giant caveman appears*

Then, on the left side of the screen, you can barely make it out for a split second: *Redshirt gets a spear to the back*

Typical ToS fashion. I love it. :heart:
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    "Come test out new expansion it'll be great --
    --Oh year everything is broken nothing works isn't this GREAT?"

Seriously? You hype it up then release a broken build to Tribble? Way to go. I'm rolling my eyes here... none of this will make it to the live shard. This is a preview of just how broken the live release is going to be in a month or so, right? I mean you haven't fixed the problems from the last one, nor have you addressed three episodes worth of bugs.

But hey! TOS Expansion, Money Grab Ship Set and check it out we spent dev-time and effort on shutting down Mac so we could port it over to game-consoles!

...yeah. Wonderful.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Same issue here. Made 6 toons now and tried a few variations to get the rifle to equip. Guess I'll just need wait for the fix :)
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Oh and using the connie interior for the tut, small nitpick. Ship plan by the turbolift shows a connie rather than a pioneer. I know I know, small nitpick :)
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Done every workaround so far. Nada.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    Got it to work.

1) LOG OUT.

2) EXIT GAME.

3) LOG BACK IN, NUKE CHARACTER, START OVER.

4) Take pistol out of inventory, put rifle in inventory and then equip.

YAY.
  • frankcarter1frankcarter1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Any ETA on the next iteration of Tribble? Or do those of us who have this bug have to wait a whole week?
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    13173194_10153879770777562_7478532329791099692_o.jpg
    I am having the same issue as well!
    Post edited by robinsonfamily on
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    themarie wrote: »
    Got it to work.

1) LOG OUT.

2) EXIT GAME.

YAY.

You're one of the lucky ones. I've tried that and every other variation and it still doesn't work for me.
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Got it to work.

1) LOG OUT.

2) EXIT GAME.

YAY.

You're one of the lucky ones. I've tried that and every other variation and it still doesn't work for me.

I tried that, did not for me :(
  • marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User

Seriously? You hype it up then release a broken build to Tribble? Way to go. I'm rolling my eyes here... none of this will make it to the live shard. This is a preview of just how broken the live release is going to be in a month or so, right? I mean you haven't fixed the problems from the last one, nor have you addressed three episodes worth of bugs.

But hey! TOS Expansion, Money Grab Ship Set and check it out we spent dev-time and effort on shutting down Mac so we could port it over to game-consoles!

...yeah. Wonderful.

How is it that you completely miss the entire point of Tribble being, y'know, a TEST server? It's entire point is to try and find game-breaking bugs. While it often gets treated as a "Early Access" server by the Subscriber/LTS crowd, the fact is, anything new on Tribble is mostly untested, and is put here to get that testing. Hell, that's pretty much WHY the recent episodes have been buggy - IIRC, all of them went to Holodeck without a period on Tribble. Submit a report, or if you can't, post your issue on the forums, and wait for the damn fix. Saying that because you've been affected by a widespread issue, found basically MINUTES into testing, and already commented on by a Dev, everything is TRIBBLE and will not be fixed come Holodeck release... That's pretty much the definition of a temper-tantrum: self-centered, annoying, and completely ignoring anything remotely sensible or factual.​​
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User

...yeah. Wonderful.

this is the point of the test shard to TEST

to find these broken quest issues and game breaking bugs would you of rather had this go live? this is not meant to be a pre-view of the content it is suppose to be so we can help them find issues and make improvements.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • jhon221jhon221 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    well got past the rifle glitch. but now stuck with the missing crewmen that you have to rescue in the cave. been one glitch after another. then again this is a test sever. you are bound to run in to game braking bugs. better in the test sever then the actual game it self.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Got it to work.

1) LOG OUT.
    2) EXIT GAME.
    YAY.
    That is not a fix my friend, it is a work around but thank you. On the 2nd patch this morning, waiting to see if its fixed.

Edit Note: Still stuck at "Equip the Phaser Rifle" and Doc Muller still has a 25th century rifle?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • routier1643routier1643 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also mildly frustrated by the rifle equip bug. Thrilled by the game, though!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    OK, deleted my toon and created a new one, these are my findings as of this post.
    Cannot Hoster the Type 2 Phaser after target practice. H key doesn't work. Works in the Hallway.
    Shuttle bay doors don't open, ship flies though the door.
    On ground Doctor Muller has a 25th century rifle is outside were the shuttle lands? Isnt he to be over my the crash site waiting on me to "Talk to Doctor Muller"?
    V key doesn't work when told to use it to scan. Walk up to scan shuttlecraft coolant assembly and use the F key.
    Crewman Flores dies, is he related to Elisa Flores
    At crash site when "Distribute Rifles" Doctor Muller and Doctor Phineas Grogan have a 25th Century Rifle?
    Still stuck at "Equip the Rifle"
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    after the last patch still have rifle equip bug this time i even fallowed the tutorial pop ups and was still unable to complete tried on tac, eng, and sci characters
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Also having the "rifle equip" bug.

On another note, there's not been any new patch notes aside from the ones released yesterday - thus any and all bugs detected so far will still be there. :)

Picked up on an error with the patch server/game client: for some ridiculous reason I can only access the latest version of the test server using Arc - whenever I try the same thing with Steam it always reverts to the "New Dawn" loading screen (and the "Version Mis-Match" error).
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • cornelianuscornelianus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm supposed to kill the Taurean chieftain, but he's not there. All you can see is his shadow.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    guess I can join in on beating this horse, I am also having this issue as well.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Seems if you do anything before being prompted to you don't get credit for it and the mission gets hung, i experianced this yesterday with the phaser bug, and earlier to day in space, where it said approach the klingon enemy and kill it, I killed the ship outside of the bubble, and when i got into the yellow demarc area, I was unable to proceed. I am currently patching again, after restarting.
    Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
    CrypticSpartan, do we have an ETA on the tribble fix for the rifle bug? Or will it be this upcoming thursday?
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    CrypticSpartan, do we have an ETA on the tribble fix for the rifle bug? Or will it be this upcoming thursday?

My current understanding is that the patch is later today.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    ahhh ok till then I'm stuck on a planet with giant cavemen lol not an issue got other characters too use

"What's that over there?"
    *Redshirt standing there looking dumb*
    *Giant caveman appears*

Then, on the left side of the screen, you can barely make it out for a split second: *Redshirt gets a spear to the back*

Typical ToS fashion. I love it. :heart:

Yeah, for a minute there I was thinking "Ooo...Flores! I'll bet he'll be on my crew!" But no. Nondescript white dude with a red shirt and a phaser? Yeah, he's doomed.
    e0M7OhA.png

My current understanding is that the patch is later today.

You are a god among men.

(And, having read another thread, this is proof that Dev's care about their playerbase, guys. Juuuuust saying.)