What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for the "Taurean Affair" - Our new TOS Tutorial

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback and issues for "Taurean Affair"

New Mission: Tutorial “The Taurean Affair”

Comments

• sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not - after finding the shuttle coolant assembly, I went to check on the survivor, and my client crashed.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • macaviusmacavius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My mission won't progress after the stage in "Bull By the Horns" when it asks to equip the phaser rifle. It won't continue after that I have tried every way to equip the weapon even discarding and retrieving it.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    macavius wrote: »
    My mission won't progress after the stage in "Bull By the Horns" when it asks to equip the phaser rifle. It won't continue after that I have tried every way to equip the weapon even discarding and retrieving it.

I'm in the same boat. Logging out and back in didn't seem to do any good either. Since there's no skipping it or dropping the mission that's pretty much a game-breaker within the first ten minutes of play.
  • macaviusmacavius Member Posts: 6 Arc User

I'm in the same boat. Logging out and back in didn't seem to do any good either. Since there's no skipping it or dropping the mission that's pretty much a game-breaker within the first ten minutes of play.

Agreed. Try and post your response on my Bug Report I filed in the Bug section here. If there's more traffic on it maybe it'll get patched sooner.
  • drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I crashed while trying to load into the start of the tutorial, :(.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Same here.
    Also why does the Doc Muller have something newer looking?
    2016-05-12_18-35-16_zpsgtjerefw.jpg
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BUG: During the portion of 'I Sing of Arms' where you get your phaser from the armory, the leftmost target is untargetable and therefore undestroyable (a very minor bug compared to progression-blocking ones like the above, all things considered, but a bug nonetheless)

BUG: Also in 'I Sing of Arms' during the shuttle takeoff, the shuttlebay doors don't open, so the shuttle ends up flying right through them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So far I get a get a weird tunnel vision in the TOS interior, a weird black shadow around the copernicus before launch
    screenshot_2016-05-12-19-31-35.jpg

the shuttlebay doors dont open in the cut scene. and there were no VO's but I can only assume....that there are no VO's yet :)
    screenshot_2016-05-12-19-35-35.png

also on the ground there was this:
    screenshot_2016-05-12-17-21-51.jpg
    Dr. Mueller has a Type 3 TNG era phaser

Post edited by castsbugc on
    BUG: As others above have indicated, i too cannot progress past the 'Equip the Phaser Rifle' portion of 'Bull by the Horns', so until that's fixed, my bug hunting is done for the moment

Though, what i've seen so far is very atmospheric and very TOS-like, so kudos to the dev team there​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • frankcarter1frankcarter1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    So, in order to give a visual record of the problem: The game does not seem to recognise I currently am holding the rifle.

However...

UEWsYQs.jpg

This also happened to me, I double clicked it from my inv to eq it and it didnt advance the mission
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    drakomagi wrote: »

I've had a similar problem. Is it On-Demand patching that creates this issue?
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
    teknesia wrote: »
    drakomagi wrote: »

I've had a similar problem. Is it On-Demand patching that creates this issue?

Often. Some systems handle it better than others. Try turning On-Demand Patching off and see if that helps.
    also there is this: screenshot_2016-05-12-19-22-22.jpg
    At most, wouldn't he possibly be a commodore? or does he get a promotion between the tutorial and when I get that mission?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,914 Arc User
    I got to the shuttle it said equip the phaser rifle. the only way i could do it was to put the phaser pistol in inventory, then i could pick up the rifle. sadly, the coding is so if you do not follow the tutorial prompt the game glitches. i equipped by ragging from inventory to the slot, not clicking on the icon on the right like the prompt said. could not continue. so i closed out now it keep repatching and saying client mismatch error
    sig.jpg
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    same fault collected the phaser rifle game stuck cool mission till then please fix this bug :(
    The True King In The North
  • codyrocks13codyrocks13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Loved the mission, one of the cavemen threw a snowboulder at me instead of a spear.
    Hostages in the cave with the tribe leader were not visible during the cutscene but appeared after it finished.
    Also when ensign Florres gets hit with the spear is he meant to die? he was at the shuttle guarding it when i had finished the ground part and was using the shuttle to return to the ship.
    The first klingon in the cutscene that shows you have been boarded has a romulan weapon model.
    Loved the mission, one of the cavemen threw a snowboulder at me instead of a spear.
    Hostages in the cave with the tribe leader were not visible during the cutscene but appeared after it finished.

wait did u get by the equip phaser rifle part if so please tell us how
    I don't know if this is a bug, but when the redshirt get hit by the Turian, it's like a weird red tongue looking thing hits him. Is this on purpose or is the cutscene bugged?
    castsbugc wrote: »
    also there is this: screenshot_2016-05-12-19-22-22.jpg
    At most, wouldn't he possibly be a commodore? or does he get a promotion between the tutorial and when I get that mission?

Guess that answers the question from a gen discussion thread. Keeping in mind, this is after the five year and before V'ger
    I don't know if this is a bug, but when the redshirt get hit by the Turian, it's like a weird red tongue looking thing hits him. Is this on purpose or is the cutscene bugged?

turian? this ain't mass effect​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• codyrocks13codyrocks13 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »

wait did u get by the equip phaser rifle part if so please tell us how

i got by it because oddly enough it just worked. i clicked the slot that was where an empty weapon would go and then double clicked the weapon in my inventory. dumb luck i guess.

turian? this ain't mass effect​​

heh, my bad.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    Another thing is that the commanding officer's feet goes through the floor on the bridge.
    edited May 2016
    well tried all 3 classes and am unable to proceed beyond equiping the phaser rifle what do i do
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    well tried all 3 classes and am unable to proceed beyond equiping the phaser riflewhat do i do

Check in the bug-report forum for potential workarounds. None have worked for me so far, but they have for others.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    So, I'm not having the issues with the phaser rifle...

I've left the planet, and I have to find Ensign Whats-her-face in the shuttle bay, but she is nowhere to be found. There is a yellow circle, with no one in it. I've tried re-logging, and still no Ensign.

It kinda seems like some items/people/objectives aren't in their exact locations on the mini-map.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Work around found for the Bull By The Horns, you must have the Type 2 Phaser in your inventory before equipping the rifle with the Type 3 being equipped into your main slot. This also must be done before equipping it. If you equip it before doing this, you will need to start over.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    that work around did not work for me on any profession
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    I finally got the 'equip the phaser rifle' to resolve after a long logout over dinner: when I came back it just worked. After that no other game-breaking bugs: Taureans throwing snow boulders, prisoners not showing up in the cut scene in the Taurean cave.