test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Admiral Nat, 11 of 14, and Shivak all slowly turned to Krystal, narrowed their eyes, then sighed and turned to Regent Nat, deadpanning. The Regent merely shrugged in response.

"Wait a minute..." said Emperor Nat, "Regent?"

"Uh oh," remarked Sarah.

"Yes," replied the Regent, relaxing in his seat, "Regent of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance of my universe. Problem, emperor?"

The emperor pulled out a sidearm and aimed it at Regent Nat whilst standing up to get a clear shot. Anna slowly reached for his arm and got him to lower his weapon, "you do realize he has a fleet of 29th century warships here, right?"

Emperor Nat just glared at Anna, then at the Regent, and sat back down.

"I think you forgot the Iconians," said Admiral Nat, "reports said you had Iconians with you, didn't they?"

"What, no, I never..." answered the Regent, as the admiral quickly realized that he just broke a very well kept secret. Anna just glared at him, standing up and aiming her own phaser pistol at him. Emperor Nat sighed. "Sit down and shut up. Save it for after we get rid of the Na'kuhl, alright?"

"Agreed," said Malin, "we have a job to do."

"Well, not that we're back to business," stated Sek, "we can let you know what we found. We showed up in the area a little while after our fleet had already left. There was a debris field, including a heavily damaged and deattached saucer section of our own U.S.S. Sally. 28th century Breen vessels patrolling the area, likely looking for whomever had been fighting beforehand. The Na'kuhl base was cloaked," he went on, motioning the science officer to activate the holoprojector, displaying the base and surrounding area. Even the walls were screens, showing the backdrop of the surrounding space, as Sek continued, "the Breen did discover the station, possibly before or after we arrived. We found one lost person from Lieutenant Jade's universe, and managed to get some detail suggesting the presence of a Doomsday Machine. After that, the Na'kuhl consoles exploded before we could use them. Then we left."

By now, another officer was handing out PADDs to the various admirals, captains, emperors, etc., with the more detailed mission reports. Sek went on to say, "Lieutenant Jade may have come across some kind of anomaly spawning... who knows how many different species. She may have imagined it, considering that none of us could detect any sign of the anomaly, although we did later see mysteriously disintegrating Breen, which may have been related."

Commander Scott walked in, evidently late, and the admiral motioned him over to sit down. He sat down over behind Prala. The being, still seemingly visible only to Lieutenant Jade, seemed annoyed at this.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    "What's the source of the anomaly?" Elric wondered. "Also, I detected a Na'khul attack nearby. I wonder if that means they know about us."
    "Well, duh," replied Sasha. "We got an entire armada of temporal warships hanging out not too far from where they ambushed some of you guys. Of course they know, they're just smart enough to not attack us here and now."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,485 Community Moderator
    "I can't account for what I saw that attacked me," Lt. Jade said. "And they did leave something out. The mysterious disappearance of my Tricorder during one of these attacks. Whatever it was... I don't have an explanation for why it went after me specifically other than I was actively scanning through various wavelengths beyond normal human vision. Without my Tricorder... I lost that ability."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Emperor Nat looked to Lt. Jade. "Did you detect anything before the... anomaly... took the tricorder?"

"I'd be curious to know something else," remarked Regent Nat, "what's the small, rectangular metallic object on your belt? It looks just like a tricorder."

As unbelievable as it was, it was, in fact, the tricorder. The logs would indicate it had properly collected data on the local lifesigns, and the anomaly, and that the data had since been erased by the lieutenant herself. There was no way to recover the data now.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,485 Community Moderator
    Lt. Jade was clearly confused by now. And when a former Borg gets confused...

"That's not possible!" she exclaimed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    11, who was sitting beside the lieutenant, sighed, reached over, and retrieved the tricorder in question. She opened it up and activated it, looking through it's sensor logs. "Normal data for the most part, up until the time corresponding with when the lieutenant started acting weird. There isn't any data for that time... after that, it goes back to normal."
    She continued looking it over, and motioned Sek to hand over his tricorder for comparison. "The data matches perfectly before and after the lost data time frame." She continued examining the tricorder. Admiral Nat looked over with particular interest. The being loomed over Lt. Jade's shoulder. Krystal's unborn half Trill half Betazoid baby started sensing a great evil in the room.
    "According to the sensor gathering logs, the tricorder was gathering data normally the entire time. The security logs..."

"Tricorders have security logs now?" asked the prime Commodore Nat.

"Yes, for... tricorder security," answered 11, "anyway, they indicate the memory of that time frame was rendered unusable when the tricorder was hit by some kind of blunt force." She looked over the tricorder itself, which showed no signs of damage. 11 handed Sek his tricorder back and looked around for somebody with another tricorder, and found Scott, "your tricorder, please?"

Scott passed over the tricorder. 11 used it to scan Lt. Jade's tricorder. "Nothing. No damage whatsoever. I'd have to check the memory core itself for any damage, especially since your technology isn't completely identical to ours..."

For some unknown reason, the lieutenant would feel an overwhelming, incurable urge to grab her tricorder back and damage it beyond repair before 11 could investigate it further.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Lt. Jade immediately got up and walked away from 11 before she could act on it. She almost looked like she was fighting herself on something. Krystal also suddenly started looking on edge for some reason.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Captain Michael Mustard with a rope in the Infirmary. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    11 looked up at Lt. Jade. "You seem distracted, lieutenant."

"The memory core?" asked Jim, motioning to the tricorder.

11 looked back to the tricorder, and opened up a back panel, revealing a bunch of electronic components inside. Looked completely fine, which 11 seemed content and equally concerned by. "No damage."
    She sighed, turning to the admiral, "permission to take this thing elsewhere and run a more detailed analysis?"

Nat nodded in reply, and 11 went elsewhere with the tricorder. Sarah turned to Krystal, asking "what's wrong?"
    ltminns wrote: »
    OOC: That made no sense.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Lt. Jade clenched her fist and closed her eyes.
    "Its... nothing," she insisted.

Krystal looked at Sarah.
    "I... I don't know..." she replied, putting a hand on her stomach, almost defensively. "I just... got this feeling that something was wrong."
  • shadowslasher410#3475 shadowslasher410 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    admiralnat wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    OOC: That made no sense.​​

OOC: I believe he is referring to the game of Clue and denoting a person, murder weapon and place. Also, I'm gonna post a bit on my own before I join in on your shenanigans (not to mention I have no idea wtf is happening right now). So don't feel compelled to respond to me (yet).

IC: I am SO glad Vulcans can't sweat right now... Lyras thought to herself as she clambered out of the temperature-controlled shuttle and into the sweltering Vulcan heat. How do they stand it? Ugh, it's so HOT... she snorted internally. Look at me, I'm a Vulcan complaining about the heat... She shook her head slightly, dismissing her thoughts.

For the second time in her life, Lyras walked upon the sands of Vulcan, the homeworld of her own species. And for the second time in her life Lyras felt the mixture of fear and depression that could only come from being an outcast among her own people. Having traded her Starfleet uniform for the light and flowing fabrics of the Vulcan civilian, she nevertheless felt distinctively out of place.

WHY did I think this was a good idea... The pessimistic part of her despaired. An amused yet sinister chuckle echoed through her mind. Oh, that's right... BECAUSE I'M GOING CRAZY! She reminded herself, and the chuckle morphed into a full-blown laugh.

Passing a group of tourists taking holophotos, she took a deep breath before quietly ascending the last few steps to her destination: the temple at Mount Seleya. As she approached the temple, she stopped for a moment to look in awe at the majestic cone-like building that was the Hall of Ancient Thought. Really now? The voice in her head sneered, You're impressed by that?

Tensing, the Vulcan balled her hands in anger. "No one asked you!" She hissed aloud.

"May I help you?" A calm voice inquired. Lyras jumped slightly, startled. A gray-haired priest whose garb identified him as a Vulcan Master walked toward her from an alcove to her left, his gaze strong and even.

"I-I...um..." The captain hesitated, unsure. Should she trust him? The Vulcan female wondered.

The last time she had spoken to another Vulcan was during her first visit here, back in the 23rd Century. It... hadn't ended well, to say the least. She still remembered the cold gaze of the Priestess she had asked for help. "V'tosh ka'tur," she had proclaimed, emotionless on the surface, but to Lyras it had seemed that phrase was all but spat at her as her tolerance finally broke and she fled the temple. That was when she learned, for the first time, that she was an outcast among Vulcans.

Lyras looked at the other Vulcan before her, waiting patiently, calmly for her answer. She took a deep breath, "I need... help." Her voice strained at the last word, threatening to crack. The Master merely nodded, his face remaining a picture of stoic impassivity. Beckoning to her, he began to walk toward the entrance to the temple. After a moment's hesitation, Lyras followed.

"That can't be true," stated Kelvin Commodore Nat, "you can talk to us. Really."

"Go ahead, tell them," said the being, "tell them how you just can't stand the thought of them finding out what's on that tricorder, and how you intended to damage the data in it beyond repair before they can retrieve it. Tell them, they will understand, and they can keep you on the correct path."

Sarah seemed suspicious, and looked down at Krystal's stomach. I wonder... she thought to herself, could it know something we don't...?​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    He hasn't been promoted to Colonel yet.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Lt. Jade punched the wall, actually denting it, but didn't turn to face the table.
    "You are constantly telling me to lie to the very people who saved my life... and for what?" she asked seemingly no one. "Self preservation? I've played along until now because you threatened my home. But I will NOT let you manipulate me like that. I am NOT your puppet! You want my help? Then ASK for it! Ask them too! They're involved just as much as I am!"

She then turned and pointed at some unseen figure.
    "What you are doing makes me feel like a frakkin' Drone again! I am NOT! My will is my own. I will NOT just blindly follow orders like a mindless Drone! So you know what? Reveal yourself to them! Provide your 'evidence' against this person, and let them investigate! I will not act out against someone without proof and make myself look like the enemy if you're wrong!"
    The being simply loomed, slowly moving around in a circle behind the lieutenant. "Am I wrong? You clearly had a different intended path, and actively resisted it. If it is the truth, tell them so."

Scott scanned the area, then slowly turned to Admiral Nat, "I'm not picking up anything anomalous whatsoever..."

"Just like before," said Sek, "she did seem preoccupied during our scouting mission. Maybe there's a connection?"

Sangok seemed wary. "Such anomalies don't usually follow people around through temporal rifts," pointed out Sangok, "and no one else, including the new arrival from her universe that we found in the base, appear to have been affected either."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Enlighten me then," Lt. Jade shot back at it.
    "I do not know what is causing your irrational behavior, lieutenant," said Shivak, who, thanks to the being moving aside, was now sitting directly in Lt. Jade's line of sight. "There is no point in asking for enlightenment that we can not yet provide."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I wasn't talking to you..." Lt. Jade deadpanned.
    "Then who were you talking to?" asked Emperor Nat, quite sternly.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Lt. Jade looked at the entity again.
    "The thing that followed me home from the Na'kuhl station," she replied. "Seems to have no name, is capable of vaporizing a Breen, and has its own agenda in regards to our mission. Apparently, according to it... and for the record it didn't like me calling it Bob... one particular officer is a threat that must be taken care of. But it has refused to elaborate or even provide evidence. Just insists that action be taken and the evidence will be provided later."
    "You will find the evidence yourself, as it is not the kind of evidence that can be provided directly," said the being, looming around and settling in line of sight of Admiral Nat, "that was already of your knowledge. It requires time."

Admiral Nat deadpanned the lieutenant. "So it just... followed you home?" he asked, "it has no name, it's own intentions, doesn't like being called Bob, says some officer is a threat, and won't tell you why but continues telling you to do things? Sounds very typical of a bad guy. Any idea why we can't see nor detect any sign of it?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Lt. Jade sighed and shook her head.
    "And it just said we'd find the evidence ourselves," she said.
    "Do you think it can see the future?" asked the emperor, almost as though he had already predicted her answer.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Won't say," Lt. Jade deadpanned, looking at the entity.
    "You won't say?" asked the emperor, "why not?"

The being smiled.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I'm not saying I won't say," Lt. Jade replied. "I'm saying he won't say."
    "I am a being beyond your understanding," said the being, "my thoughts extend further than 4 dimensions."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I was assimilated by the Borg," Lt. Jade countered, focusing on something unseen. "I may be more capable of 'understanding' than anyone else here. But that still doesn't change the fact that you followed me specifically."
    Sarah was seething with anger for some reason, got up, and slowly started walking towards the lieutenant, clenching her fists.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.