test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'Alpha Predator' on New Romulus

thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
I've just been reading a few of the dialog options from various NPC's on New Romulus ... several of them referee to a 'Alpha Predator.' Did we ever find out what this was?
2gdi5w4mrudm.png
Typhoon Class please!

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    One of the river cave critters or the beasts around the crater? The crater area ones seem slightly stronger.

"Not that grunting beast by the river . . . it smells like a Klingon!" -- Secret Shuttle Mixtape
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Or could they be talking about the Hirogen event that happens at the crater?
  • Options
    puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    They are actually referring to the indigenous Sasquatch population.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Yes... Hirogen... :p
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    i believe it was a setup for a creature never implemented.

The Epohh have no known natural defenses, but breed prolifically to maintain their population. Their rate of reproduction exceeds that required to overcome the numbers taken by known predators. Therefore there is or was something else out there forcing the epohh to breed fast enough to put rabbits to shame. That something is never identified.

The things you learn reading dialogue boxes.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

73a068352a1a0e1479e42ab6254eb44f.jpg
    Someone mention... Sasquatch?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Romulans?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, the Alpha Predator was never identified.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I never noticed this detail.

I wonder if with Alpha Predator might actualy mean the Tau Dewans - they went extinct, and would probably fill that role.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Degenerate, predatory, cave-dwelling Tau Dewans. They sound like Morlocks to me!
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    It's the same thing that left the secret 'D'Tan' video under the rock outside the city for us to find.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Romulans?​​

The Romulans in STO? Hardly. They're a bunch of hippies now.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

I wonder if with Alpha Predator might actualy mean the Tau Dewans - they went extinct, and would probably fill that role.

Could it be the Iconians?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    it's... YOU.

Who is a bigger preadator than the player? Clearly the alpha.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User

Speaking of the Iconians... one of the Iconian War blogs mentioned that some beast was released by the Heralds on New Romulus.
  • Options
    risian4 wrote: »

Speaking of the Iconians... one of the Iconian War blogs mentioned that some beast was released by the Heralds on New Romulus.
    I thought that was the Aelahl worms. We know they were created to be a bio weapon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    @markhawkman
    I thought that was the Aelahl worms. We know they were created to be a bio weapon.

I just assumed L'Miren got addicted to Tremors for awhile and decided to make her own Graboids.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

BeDOXwuCAAAfYSB.jpg
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I've just been reading a few of the dialog options from various NPC's on New Romulus ... several of them referee to a 'Alpha Predator.' Did we ever find out what this was?

Fluffy?​​
  • Options
    @markhawkman
    I just assumed L'Miren got addicted to Tremors for awhile and decided to make her own Graboids.
    I don't think so, IIRC they were engineered a long time ago. It was apparently before the accident that forced the Solanae to live in subspace.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It was meeee... :D
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User

When did we find that out? The wiki makes no mention of it.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    We still never found out what that "creature" was that went on a rampage through New Romulus during the Iconian thing in the RP blogs either.....

Alpha Predator activated by Iconian invasion?​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

When did we find that out? The wiki makes no mention of it.
    It's one of the lore things in the Dyson ground battle zone. talk to the consoles in the park area.

This only talks about the creation of them though, not what they were used for later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing