test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Episodes

Does anyone know if there are going to be more episodes before another season update? I like where the story is going but lately they've been taking forever between releasing episodes.

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    This should be set of missions, I'm guessing at least two more missions minimum. Another episode will probably come out a week after the last 'reward' for this mission is claimable. One episode per month seems to be their current release speed, which is a bit slow, admittedly. It's supposed to help combat the 'what now?' question that the release schedule of the 2800 series brought up -- one episode came out each week, but then a long lull until any other missions came out.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    What you are experiencing, is pretty normal.

Usually, STO goes through a few phases:

1: Release of a new season.
    Contains new features and a strong series of new episodes, bugfixing incoming.

2: A handfull of new missions added, usually split by 4-5 weeks of rerun time
    During this time, I assume the STO team is mapping out the next season / .5 season, while fixing the worst bugs that came with the new season.

3: A period of Quiet.
    Usually this leads up to the release of the .5. This means new lock-boxes and Ship releases.

4: .5 season release (if any).
    .5 releases usually cover a few "new" techs (read: reskins of existing techs). After this, more missions as in #2.

5: Period of #2 style missions (if any), and the production of the next season, or in the best cases - next expansion.
    This is the worst. Long between new missions, lots of C-Store, prolonged Lock-box releases and reruns of old lock-boxes. Best case scenario is a rerun of old featured episodes, though we havn't had one of those recently.

It's quite normal, and you get used to it over time... my suggestion is, to give yourself good time with whatever content is released, and plan ahead what you want to do ingame, to keep you occupied, or to take a break of 2-3 weeks every now and then.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,177 Community Moderator
    On the bright side, we get content faster than say WoW players, who typically have to wait for the next full blown expansion. While the amount of content may be smaller, it shows CONSTANT work on the game is being done. The one downside is... we seem to have lost our Episode Replay event.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Well the current episode was said to be the beginning of a new storyline. So I think we can expect some more episodes.

Also, we know that a new expansion is coming this year, and it's reasonable to assume that this will happen before Trek's 50th anniversary. So that places it either somewhere just after the Risa event or before that event. There's also probably something big happening in June, so it may be then.

Just lots of speculation, but if the previous expansions are any indication we will probably see many new episodes released between 2 and 5 months from now.