What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Visual Slots

Comments

• Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    THANKS!!

Now please make my STO life complete by offering a "unify beam visuals" command so I can stop tasting the rainbow when using a mix like quantum phaser + regular phaser, tetryon + antichroniton tetryon, and so on.

That wouldn't be a good solution for people who want rainbow visuals but also want unified damage types. Adding a hue shifter for each weapon slot might be better. Adding visual overrides for all weapons would be alright, too.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Love it! The tweaks and adjustments in Season 11.5 are looking better and better, and this visual customization thing is an awesome addition!
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Given this news, were there any improvements made to these visuals? Some sets seemed lacking, in terms of looks, and others were just older sets, which might need a visual update.

Also, any word yet on Full body skins for the Borg Captains or aliens using the infected complexion?
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Also, any word yet on Full body skins for the Borg Captains or aliens using the infected complexion?

Off topic, but seconding for importance. I'm pretty limited with what my Borg captain can wear, for that reason.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yay! Love the idea.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    nice, but let the Paradox use the aeon (black) costume for the time set please ( I have every temporal ship for that reason and the Paradox not getting set bonuses form its like partners or the use of the costume is bogus)
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm assuming we will need to actually have the visual gear in our inventory/bank?
    And now i have reason to grind for more interesting looking sets :)

Yeah most of the gear in game don't have visuals at all unless its being added to stuff with the update.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    Now I can get out my old Aegis set and put that visual on any ship I play. Thanks. =3
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @pwlaughingtrendy I have a bit of a question with this that you may have already answered or I just missed it. Suppose for example I have ship A that I've got decked out the way I want equipment wise and visual wise. For Ship A we'll say I'm using the Jem'hadar Set for visuals. Suppose then that I decide I want to equip the Jem'hadar set to Ship B as the equipment set (non-visual). Would I have to farm out an entirely new Jem'hadar set to keep the visuals on Ship A, or would I be able to move those set pieces to Ship B after I've saved the loadout? I suppose a better way of asking is, would I be able to use a singular set to create a visual look for Ship A, save the loadout, then move those items for equipment use to Ship B and still keep the visuals for Ship A?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Awwww yeeeeeeah!

Looking forward to this.

Iconian gear with Borg visuals, what a time to be alive!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I mean, I don't know, I guess cosmetics is just not that important to me as the damage I put out, which with me takes precedence over all else.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

Personally, I've sacrificed stats before in plenty of games, if it gave me a better look. But that's why I'm not a member of the DPS chase. /shrug
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    This really is great to see this added to the game at last - thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

It's unfortunate you couldn't drop a couple of slots for console visuals in there too - not all visuals come from just deflector, engine and shield.

Still, you have no idea how much I want 11.5 to be here now yesterday!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic, love these features.

Like others may of asked, I'd love to have a unified color for my beams/cannons, it's a bit rediculous with all the different styles of beams being spammed around. It's like 'taste the rainbow' out there.

At the very least, if a weapon has Polaron and another weapon gives Polaron but with an extra 'prefix' - be able to change it so it appears the same when shot.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Yay, I can have my Borg visuals back. :smiley:
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    They must be running out of ideas...
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    This is a pretty good move. ANYTHING that improves customization is a plus.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is a good feature. I know I can make good use of this.

Any chance this will fix the warp out FX? Some of my ships still shows the wrong colors.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Now, if only we had an Undine bio-look shield...
  • Options
    farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    I had no idea that this feature was on the radar at all, or that anyone cared so much about it. There are only three total visual slots out of 14 ground equipment slots and 25-30 space equipment slots. Does it really make that much difference? The way it's being implemented is also pretty primitive. My main source of confusion is below:
    jarfaru wrote: »
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm assuming we will need to actually have the visual gear in our inventory/bank?
    And now i have reason to grind for more interesting looking sets :)

Yeah most of the gear in game don't have visuals at all unless its being added to stuff with the update.

So many shields, deflectors, and engines these days don't even have visuals. This is an addition to an abandoned feature.

Know what would have been much more practical? Adding the sector speed boosts from Borg/etc. engines as an unlock without needing to equip them, as it currently involves a lot of swapping (unless you're using them for combat). Being able to filter out the single-use Admiralty cards when choosing ships for an assignment would've been nice, too. There are many other practical suggestions out there.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    farranor wrote: »
    So many shields, deflectors, and engines these days don't even have visuals. This is an addition to an abandoned feature.

Completely and utterly false.
    "All" reputation shields, including the very latest Terran Task Force, have unique visual effects.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    farranor wrote: »

Actually rep sets have visuals, as well as the Jem'Hadar and Breen sets. Each rep set has come with visuals. Although I would like to see visuals added to the other free sets.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Finally! We have been asking for this several years now and better late than never.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    wow! cool. thx a lot :)
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Sweeeeet!

The MACO shields on the Dyson Destroyer... gives it that industrial badass look...
  • Options
    chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    I just have to add look at the blog pic for this and as usual they showcase a totally wrong ship build that can confuse players. lol Beams and turrets together the consoles are just a jumbled hot mess of nonsense. Things like that do not help newer players learn how to build a ship. No wonder so many players in the ques have no clue how to play. This game really needs a way to teach players how the basics work for ship builds other than word of mouth from vets.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I just have to add look at the blog pic for this and as usual they showcase a totally wrong ship build that can confuse players. lol Beams and turrets together the consoles are just a jumbled hot mess of nonsense. Things like that do not help newer players learn how to build a ship. No wonder so many players in the ques have no clue how to play. This game really needs a way to teach players how the basics work for ship builds other than word of mouth from vets.

You joking right? The thread is about ship visual and you post about the setup of the ship in the picture showing the new visual system. Wow, and you think people will start by this picture to learn how to use equipment and console. Amazing.

On a side note, something like that will be cool to use but i think there are more things that need to be fixed or balanced. You already adding the new skill systems, should wait before adding something trivial like this.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    So much want....

Enh, I actually got the chance to ask a dev as part of the Foundry Roundtable show and it's on their to-do list. When? I don't know.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    To quote ol' Tychus Findlay....

"Hell, it's about damn time!"

Super excited that this finally made it into the game. Now, if they could somehow make it so we can customize weapon effects in a similar manner....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    An extra slot for Energy Waepons and one for Torps... perrrty pleeeeze
  • Options
    darkstriverdarkstriver Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thanks... but...
    Can torpedoes have their own weapon slot category for both fore and aft?