test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demo Recorder

I'm attempting to make use of the demorecord tool in the game. I'm able to record a demo just fine, but I'm not able to open it up either with the command line or STODemoLauncher.

I get a Cryptic splash screen, then a message stating that it's crashed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know a workaround? I really need to get some videos done for a website I'm working on... Any help is appreciated.

I'm running Windows 7-64 bit, 16GB RAM, AMD FX-8350 8 core processor, AMD Radeon R9-200 series (Sapphire) video. Other diagnostic information available...
Colonel Obvious
- Fleet Admiral
- Executive Officer, 12th Fleet
- Old Guy
sup.jpg

Comments

• colobvious#3624 colobvious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I actually downloaded this to give it a shot before I posted... It does the same thing. Cryptic splash screen like it's loading, then crash error...

I'm not sure where to even start... I suppose it could be video card settings/driver... all kinds of things... I'm just hoping someone has had this kinda trouble before and knows the answer already. :/
    Colonel Obvious
    - Fleet Admiral
    - Old Guy
    sup.jpg
  • colobvious#3624 colobvious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Bumping the thread... Trying to complete some projects, and I really need demo recorder to work. Still can't even get it to launch the demo reader, either through the command line or the stand-alone program at sourceforge...

Any assistance is appreciated.
    Colonel Obvious
    - Fleet Admiral
    - Old Guy
    sup.jpg
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    try lowering the settings in game 1st... then try to relaunch the file via the program.
    6tviTDx.png

• actor2#8445 actor2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hi colobvious,
    i am experiencing the same as you. Created a demo before yesterday and worked on it. Everything was ok apart from some from time to time crashings while working on it. yesterday i was about to continue to work on it the demo could not be open. alway crashing and the rare times it will open the map will be totally mix up. Did you made any progress on resolving the problem? I have read that this could be a problem that has to do when they are patching STO.

ps: after a software verification of the game on STO Launcher Options. I was start the demofile but it was completly mixed up. the demofile was running and i did wait until it appears that window at the end and clicked ok. Restarted again an the map was ok again. Very confusing. But now it seemed that i continue do some edits.
    Post edited by actor2#8445 on