test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Into The Breach Event

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    decker73a wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed when playing this event on normal is that the Citidel Dreadnaught in the second internal chamber is set to level 60, while all the other enemies are level 50, and the players are also operating at level 50. I wonder if this is a bug, or if it's intentional. Setting it to level 50 would make the mission run much faster for pick-up groups.
    Yeah, I reported this in the bug forum. It is basically the main choke point for pugs - the Citadel Dreadnaught benefits from all the huge HP and other scaling NPCs get from being at level 60 - while you are handicapped by 10 levels.

If you have your well equipped and built main along, its not an issue and can be soloed without excessive difficulty (did it on a test run). If however you are running on an underequipped junk alt, and have a typically low skill pug team along, it can take a while. Best bet is to pack some shield penetrating powers, like the Embassy plasma consoles or a PartGen build, and carry the little pubbies along.
    Last time I did it I had massive lag issues. I once spent what felt like a minute just staring at a wall because of the lag. this of course made trying to fight the Citadel a lot more painful than it should be.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I normally don't particularly care for anything in-atmosphere (FPS-hungry lag soup with a FI debuff on top, just to make it feel more like lag soup.) Or "indoor" space maps (disorienting.) But this one is actually fast-paced, and just challenging enough for fun. Even the "typical pug barely scratches its shields" dread.

Still not doing it on more than 2 alts, (the 2nd one is primary in it for the marks, so I may not even complete all 14 daily runs there.) Real life is a thing too.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Weekday pugs - High DPS, 95% run through the mission fast.

Weekend pugs - Horrible pugs 50%+ of the time. The citadel takes forever to destroy.

I'm glad to be a weekday player.
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    I know some dislike this event but for me is better than the mirror one. No "do nothing" time-gates so you don't get bored like crazy at least. Breach is a interesting mission also. Thank you for remaking this one.
  • paramvirmodiparamvirmodi Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Dear developers,

Its a humble request...

It takes me close to 30 mins to finish advanced level for one character. I request, please reduce the gameplay time or reduce the HP on the ships? This really is bothersome to all, as we have to play for so many characters and its interferring in our personal Lives...

Please consider this.

Thanks,
    Param
  • astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    14 Transmission is a bit excessive, but I guess it keeps people logging in for 14 days in a row. But it's bad for people that can't log during all those periods of time. This is really for people that have plenty of time on their hands.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any chance you could please make sure the devs are getting this feedback about account wide unlocks for the unique 'event' items? I really think it's high time the event ship system expanded to include all unique event rewards, and judging from the number of posts in this thread agreeing with that, it's perhaps time the devs took a look at this. I know that as an alter and a collector, these events annoy me a lot more than they should because so many of my characters will never get previous/current/future event items. If these items were all account unlocks, I'd have a LOT more characters than I already do, which in the end would be beneficial for you guys as I always spend a lot of money getting the new characters their gear and ships the way I like them. But with the current system, I know there are so many things I wont be able to get on new characters so it puts me off starting them these days. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any chance you could please make sure the devs are getting this feedback about account wide unlocks for the unique 'event' items? I really think it's high time the event ship system expanded to include all unique event rewards, and judging from the number of posts in this thread agreeing with that, it's perhaps time the devs took a look at this. I know that as an alter and a collector, these events annoy me a lot more than they should because so many of my characters will never get previous/current/future event items. If these items were all account unlocks, I'd have a LOT more characters than I already do, which in the end would be beneficial for you guys as I always spend a lot of money getting the new characters their gear and ships the way I like them. But with the current system, I know there are so many things I wont be able to get on new characters so it puts me off starting them these days. ​​

Signed. Metaphorically speaking, of course. :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Always Supported that and always will, all EVENT and MISSION Unique / Time Limited Rewards need to be made Account Wide Unlocks, with 42 Characters on my Main Account i am TIRED of grinding my Soul out of my body to get such Unique for all of my characters since they are ALL Mains for me NO alts.

We (yes i say we since iam sure many think that way) love STO, we love our Characters, what we have created and we would LOVE to Gift ALL our Characters with new Shinys when they are avaible, but things have to be reasonable, so PLEASE CRYPTIC be Reasonable, you did the right thing with Account Wide Unlocks for Event Ships, now for the Sake of ALL THE GRIND TIRED PLAYERS, PLEASE also add those Event and Mission (like Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cain, Reman/Breen Boff, Kobali/Iconian Costume) Unique Rewards to the Account Wide Unlock Store, before we burn us out completly trying to get all that stuff for all our characters!
    Post edited by highlandrise85 on
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I already do move feedback over, including about this.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2016

It's much appreciated! In case it isn't clear, most of us only want the main item (card in this case) to unlock. We do not expect to get the marks and dil for our other characters.

It's also the only way new characters we create can get the item. I created a Mirror Universe themed captain after the last Crystalline event, and he can't use the Agony Rifle I earned using other characters :(
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Yeah, I don't like pushing issues too much, but I'd really like to see, at least going forward, the special shiny from these events become account wide. I totally understand the marks/dilithium requiring participation on each character.

If it could apply retroactively to past events, that'd be even better. I know I definitely wouldn't complain about being able to get the doffs and weapons I unlocked on my older characters for the ones I've rolled since.
    edited March 2016
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any chance you could please make sure the devs are getting this feedback about account wide unlocks for the unique 'event' items? I really think it's high time the event ship system expanded to include all unique event rewards, and judging from the number of posts in this thread agreeing with that, it's perhaps time the devs took a look at this. I know that as an alter and a collector, these events annoy me a lot more than they should because so many of my characters will never get previous/current/future event items. If these items were all account unlocks, I'd have a LOT more characters than I already do, which in the end would be beneficial for you guys as I always spend a lot of money getting the new characters their gear and ships the way I like them. But with the current system, I know there are so many things I wont be able to get on new characters so it puts me off starting them these days.

Thank you for the confirmation Trendy, I really do appreciate it. vQTD03D.png
    @pwlaughingtrendy Any chance you could please make sure the devs are getting this feedback about account wide unlocks for the unique 'event' items? I really think it's high time the event ship system expanded to include all unique event rewards, and judging from the number of posts in this thread agreeing with that, it's perhaps time the devs took a look at this. I know that as an alter and a collector, these events annoy me a lot more than they should because so many of my characters will never get previous/current/future event items. If these items were all account unlocks, I'd have a LOT more characters than I already do, which in the end would be beneficial for you guys as I always spend a lot of money getting the new characters their gear and ships the way I like them. But with the current system, I know there are so many things I wont be able to get on new characters so it puts me off starting them these days.

It's much appreciated! In case it isn't clear, most of us only want the main item (card in this case) to unlock. We do not expect to get the marks and dil for our other characters.

It's also the only way new characters we create can get the item. I created a Mirror Universe themed captain after the last Crystalline event, and he can't use the Agony Rifle I earned using other characters :(

Indeed, in no way am I interested in the dilithium/marks rewards being account unlocks. Just the unique items from these events. Also perhaps the mission rewards which were mentioned by @highlandrise85 as I've been waiting for the 'episode replay' event to show up again for over a year and a half now to claim those items on some of my newer characters.
    ​​
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited March 2016

Feedback is always much appreciated, so thank you very much for letting us know that our voices here are not unheard.

Thank you for the confirmation Trendy, I really do appreciate it. vQTD03D.png

Indeed, in no way am I interested in the dilithium/marks rewards being account unlocks. Just the unique items from these events. Also perhaps the mission rewards which were mentioned by @highlandrise85 as I've been waiting for the 'episode replay' event to show up again for over a year and a half now to claim those items on some of my newer characters.
    ​​

Yea i too am waiting like forever for those Mission Replays but it seems that for whatever reason they are not comming back anymore? but other than those Items (Shard of Possibilities, Ophidian Cain, Breen/Reman Boff) there are a few other Unique "per char unlocks" that definately should be added to the Account Wide Unlock, iam talking about stuff like the Kobali Costume, Iconian Costume and such, cant remember if there are more like that that we cant get anymore but all those Unique items definately should be Unlocked Account Wide if we have it allready on at least 1 Character, that would be extremly Nice and so much Appreciated, i gues if that would finaly happen, i would have such a big smile on my face that my cheeks would hurt :D
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

Indeed, in no way am I interested in the dilithium/marks rewards being account unlocks. Just the unique items from these events. Also perhaps the mission rewards which were mentioned by @highlandrise85 as I've been waiting for the 'episode replay' event to show up again for over a year and a half now to claim those items on some of my newer characters.[/color]​​

Yup, the shiny should be an account unlock and then the dil/marks prize optional for those who like to grind on alts. This particular event takes longer than others.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Absolutely agree about the item prize being made account unlocked while other nominal rewards (dil, marks) stay on a per char basis.

And I too wait patiently for an episode replay ever since I mistakenly deleted the Ophidian Cane on one of my chars (and to get the items on Delta recruits).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Yea whould be better Acc Wide on the other Side then less Players whould play it and it whould take maybe at some times of a Days longer before The Breach whould start. But why you changed it i found this mission better like it was in the past.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
    edited March 2016
    ussberlin wrote: »
    Yea whould be better Acc Wide on the other Side then less Players whould play it and it whould take maybe at some times of a Days longer before The Breach whould start. But why you changed it i found this mission better like it was in the past.

Even with that change still everyone would need to do the Mission at LEAST once per day, and lets be honest there would be more than enough people who still would do it on several Chars for the extra Dill and Marks, so this is definately not an Issue and most importantly, the benefit of having all Unique Event and Mission Rewards Account Wide Unlocked overweights every possible disadvantage (and again i just dont see any here)

So YES to Event and Mission Unique Reward Account Unlocks!
    Post edited by highlandrise85 on
    9Kh66Si.gif

​​
  • zeluthaszeluthas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    iamynaught wrote: »

Only ran this queue a couple of times when it first came out. I look forward to seeing how it is now that it's been revamped.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only (altaholic) person who looks at this and thinks "Sweet, an awesome new thing that all my alts can enjoy!" followed closely by, "Oh, yeah. I'd have to run this on all my alts to unlock it." :(

While *I* may have no life, being glued to a computer monitor for 12+ hours playing the same mission over and over is not my idea of fun. I'll give it a shot on a couple alts, but no way is there even enough time in the day for me to do it on ALL of them. At least without allowing some time for personal hygiene, eating and sleep.

Now I have to figure out which alts I want to get it on.

Please Cryptic, allow these types of items to be account unlocks. It'd also be nice if this were retroactive, but I'd settle for getting it set up so from now on it would be an account unlock.

I'll still run it on a couple alts to get some Dil & marks but for me the main draw to this is the special item.

Yeah, I'd like to see it becoming an account unlock thing too. Keep the Dil bonus as a 14 days reward, if you must, but make the special price an accountwide unlock like the summer-, winter-, and anniversary event are now. I'd like to see that. I already skipped the mirror invasion twice because it got tedious with multiple characters and I don't like to get the special reward with just one character.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, I got 9 captains I am running through this event. It basically take 3 hours when pugging. So far I did it for 4 days, not sure if I can do the Breach on all my captains for the next 10 days... It would be nice if the Admiralty Card unlocked for the account rather than bound to the character.

I try to keep telling myself that running the Breach on my secondary and tertiary alts is a good way to get the marks they need and 480 raw dil is an "awesome reward" for my 20 minutes....

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Huh. My ship didn't blow up today. Wonder what I did right? :: scratches head ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Did you try using Aux2SIF vs the Dread?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    still hoping for a positive feedback regarding the Event and Mission Reward Account Wide Unlocks :/
    9Kh66Si.gif

​​
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    Played the (new) Breach and let me make a couple of observations:

1. Forced pathway means there's little opportunity to actually get into it and shine
    2. The huge "this way" arrows make the whole thing feel like a preschooler's Fun Run where everyone gets the "Participation Trophy" including the kid who wet his pants and had to go home halfway through
    3. The N00bs who never pay attention are *still* failing

Basically, the new Breach is a cheap vinyl knockoff of the leather original. And that makes me sad :'(
  • cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User

​​

Considering they ran an event (Delta Recruits) to encourage us to create alts, they absolutely should have done Feature Episode Replays by now. Honestly, it's ridiculous that they haven't. I have 4 Delta Recruits who just want to have the same stuff as my other 6 characters.

haha, I managed one run this week where I lead the team in the trench run, THAT was fun! I actually made it to the spot where we blow a hole in the hull BEFORE Com Schiesse called me. :p But yeah, I was doing a full power FaW the entire run.

Then there was a run where apparently someone had the bright idea to strafe the trench while the rest of us blasted the turrets.... that one.... We finished the entire mission with 30 minutes left on the optional timer.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Speaking of account wide unlocks. The lobi weapons/stuff should be the same, considering the amount of money people spend in them. Account wide unlock in the Cartel Market store is the only thing SWTOR managed to get right, I think the same should be applied to the crystal store.
    Speaking of account wide unlocks. The lobi weapons/stuff should be the same, considering the amount of money people spend in them. Account wide unlock in the Cartel Market store is the only thing SWTOR managed to get right, I think the same should be applied to the crystal store.

if you ask for too much, you will get nothing, the topic is Unique Rewards from Events / Missions not stuff that we have to pay for, since the Issue is that People who have more than a few Characters have to Grind themselfs to death to get such Rewards on all their Characters and that Future Characters have no Way to ever Acces such stuff.

Lobi Stuff is always avaible, you dont have to grind to get it at as long as you dont want to, you can just pay and get it instantly and like i said its always avaible.

So Event AND Mission Unique Rewards is what we want as Account Wide Unlocks, happened with Event Ships and should now be expanded to Event/Mission Unique Rewards too PRETTY PLEASE :o
    9Kh66Si.gif

​​

if you ask for too much, you will get nothing, the topic is Unique Rewards from Events / Missions not stuff that we have to pay for, since the Issue is that People who have more than a few Characters have to Grind themselfs to death to get such Rewards on all their Characters and that Future Characters have no Way to ever Acces such stuff.

Lobi Stuff is always avaible, you dont have to grind to get it at as long as you dont want to, you can just pay and get it instantly and like i said its always avaible.

So Event AND Mission Unique Rewards is what we want as Account Wide Unlocks, happened with Event Ships and should now be expanded to Event/Mission Unique Rewards too PRETTY PLEASE :o

Agreed.
    ​​