test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skills revamp - will they listen to our Tribble feedback?

13»

Comments

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    ((shrug)) He's clearly listened to at least one of my (many) ideas. Took the time to tell me "No.' and everything :wink: .

Communication is happening.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I look forward to having every single poster in this thread eat some crow when our next patch to the Skill Revamp hits next week.

A more diplomatic approach might have been:

"I'm well aware of the numerous problems regarding feedback from the testing server in the past, especially one particular fiasco that saw a large number of players labelled as 'cheaters' after Cryptic let a very well reported 'bug' into the live game, resulting in players receiving specialization points faster than anticipated (although we did anticipated it because it was widely reported - we just didn't do anything about it.)

So no I am gonna eat crow on behalf of Cryptic and tell you that although the aforementioned fiasco and failure to listen to feedback has been a reoccurring theme with Cryptic, those days are behind us and we are now embarking upon a new voyage with players, and will be taking their hard work as bug testers seriously before we put content onto the live server."

I sincerely hope Cryptic will be taking bug reports seriously this time around - but before players eat any crow - Cryptic has a very large sized cauldron to eat their way through first.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Double post deleted.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Good grief, really? We are now riding around on the "eat crow" line? Stop being so oversensitive when it fits your bill. You know exactly what he wanted to say and what he has to listen to every day (which is far from "diplomatic") so stop crying a dev has been mean to you and move on.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I look forward to having every single poster in this thread eat some crow when our next patch to the Skill Revamp hits next week.

A more diplomatic approach might have been:

"I'm well aware of the numerous problems regarding feedback from the testing server in the past, especially one particular fiasco that saw a large number of players labelled as 'cheaters' after Cryptic let a very well reported 'bug' into the live game, resulting in players receiving specialization points faster than anticipated (although we did anticipated it because it was widely reported - we just didn't do anything about it.)

So no I am gonna eat crow on behalf of Cryptic and tell you that although the aforementioned fiasco and failure to listen to feedback has been a reoccurring theme with Cryptic, those days are behind us and we are now embarking upon a new voyage with players, and will be taking their hard work as bug testers seriously before we put content onto the live server."

I sincerely hope Cryptic will be taking bug reports seriously this time around - but before players eat any crow - Cryptic has a very large sized cauldron to eat their way through first.

Do you even know how to read? Seriously, them telling this playerbase to eat crow IS being diplomatic. I would have used much stronger language then Bort did. This player base is full of whiney special snowflakes who demans that they get everything they want...and what is good for other people, the game or the company be damned.
    I totally ditto this conclusion. Truth be told, the STO community together with the SWTOR one are the two most whining ones I have ever come across in my years of gaming. There is no way to satisfy the community and some demands (while perhaps justified) are either silly, outright ridiculous or completely senseless with little afterthought. My biggest irritation is how players won't get their thumbs out their butts and start figuring out solutions and workarounds to Cryptic's implementations and revamps. "Oh I cannot copy my build, "Oh I do not accept for I cannot make two different classes of ships benefit from a fully spent skill tree without revamping," is nothing but a baby cry for having it all.

Yes, I do solely agree that Cryptic could and should fix some bugs but I am also glad they don't wholeheartedly listen to everything the community say. Truth be told and simply put, we do not always know what we want and this was truly evident with the SWTOR community and the recent Knights of the Fallen Empire. People complained about the companions being too strong so the developer nerfed them quite significantly to give people the challenge they cried out for. Well, things became too hard and people started rage quitting. The forums were literally on flames because now the request they had so cried out for was suddenly not what they wanted. As an end result the developer boosted the companions yet again but were people still happy? No. There is always the intricate details people are concerned with.

So what am I going with all of this? Plain simple, lay off the whining and overly sensitive judgemental attitude. You people may have noticed how we are given the middle finger more often, and with all justification too. Because perhaps we deserve it? All the DPS threads and all the ship design complaints are quickly being shot down. Probably because they have had it.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    so stop crying a dev has been mean to you and move on.​​

I don't think any Dev has been 'mean' to me at all.

As for all the 'snow flake' comments and other trash that comes out from the usual posters when anybody critical of Cryptic; I really could not care less. I praise Cryptic and thank them when they do well, and equally I am happy to call them out when they are being hypocritical (such as the crow comment).

Regardless of past actions I am more than happy to accept Borts assurance that they will listen this time around - and am also very grateful for all the hard work that himself and the rest of the team puts into this very high quality and (essentially) free game.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Do you even know how to read? Seriously, them telling this playerbase to eat crow IS being diplomatic. I would have used much stronger language then Bort did.

No, telling ppl to eat crow is born out of over-confidence, and exhumes an air of 'We are absolutely not going to listen to feedback at all!' (As why would they when they're so sure everything is awesome!?)
    This player base is full of whiney special snowflakes who demans that they get everything they want...

Don't you ever tire of this mantra?! Nobody is demanding 'they get everything they want.' What ppl generally don't like, though, is being being told "Players Lose Nothing," when, in fact, those of us who crunched the numbers for a few hours, on Tribble, came to the inescapable conclusion, that we'll lose half our survivability when we want to maintain some sort of viable DPS toon.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    After being told by Bort that I can not remake my Fed Tac in the new system, because "Some sacrifices may be made for some choices", they can eat their own humble pie/crow/whatever. The claim that players lose nothing is false when sacrifices have to be made for other abilities.

The skill revamp is the best revamp ever, and the players LOVE it......Sound familiar? If so, then it's telling you something.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Oh goodness. It's all perfect to discuss and disagree or dislike something. But this thread has gone way too awry.
    /Closed.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.