test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Cardassian lockbox T6 update

keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
So am I the only who wonders why we haven't had a new Cardie Lockbox and really wants one with the following ships:

Keldon Heavy Cruiser T6
Galor Cruiser T6 (Dominion enhanced version?)
Hideki Fighter T5

Comments

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I find your thread title pure clickbait.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Interesting idea. Would give the Spiral Wave Disruptors some more love as they are only available if you have the Galor, which is the oldest lockbox ship. Would also mean more space weapons, possibly Spiral Wave Disruptors, as well as ground weapons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    No! I want a Cardassian faction! Cardassian ships in lockboxes only make it harder for that to happen.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    No! I want a Cardassian faction! Cardassian ships in lockboxes only make it harder for that to happen.

Cryptic already shot themselves in the foot because the iconic ship was in the VERY FIRST lockbox. Also... kinda hard to give them a proper default damage type like they did with the Feds, KDF, and Romulans as Cardassians seem to use some form of Phaser, which is already claimed by the Federation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Jesus. There is NO T6 Cardassian lockbox. Get bent.
  • Options
    nccmark wrote: »

I could see a T6 Keldon.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Cryptic already shot themselves in the foot because the iconic ship was in the VERY FIRST lockbox. Also... kinda hard to give them a proper default damage type like they did with the Feds, KDF, and Romulans as Cardassians seem to use some form of Phaser, which is already claimed by the Federation.

The Very first "Lockbox" had a Jem hadar Attack ship.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    The Holy Bugship came in gift boxes. You didn't need a key to open those.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User

to be honest I hope that never happens (a Cardassian faction) only because I never felt they had a place/story in star trek all of a sudden in TNG we have a species that the feds had a war with but they reminded me more like the Tal Shiar than a species that could give the good guys a run for there money.
    Also... kinda hard to give them a proper default damage type like they did with the Feds, KDF, and Romulans as Cardassians seem to use some form of Phaser, which is already claimed by the Federation.

that didn't stop the Romulans from using disruptor weapons along with there plasma.
  • Options
    Also... kinda hard to give them a proper default damage type like they did with the Feds, KDF, and Romulans as Cardassians seem to use some form of Phaser, which is already claimed by the Federation.

that didn't stop the Romulans from using disruptor weapons along with there plasma.

As a faction, they needed their own damage type. Traditionally Romulans have used Disruptor, however the KDF had already claimed that as their default damage type in STO, so the Romulan Republic uses plasma damage.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

What the cardis use is a cross between a disruptor and a phaser
    so its both and neither at the same time.

So yeah i could see phased disruptors on cardi ships
    so no cardis dont use plane phasers but a phaser /disruptor hybrid.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I've wanted a t6 Keldon for awhile and took the liberty of drawing up specs to submit on twitter. They could easily do a new cardassian box if they wanted to. Such as Cardassian Prime boxes or something like that. As a person who mains the Galor that Keldon would be the crown jewel of my collection.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I would love to see those canon ships added to game and such a fashion, especially an update of the galor to tier 6. It would also be cool to resupply the marked with the rest of the items in that box instead of constantly adding new items in lock boxes resulting in more power creep. A full cardassian uniform from lobi store released with such a box would also be a huge success I believe.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

you think that will stop cryptic?

a galor mk2 or the keldon becoming the new front line cruiser while the cardassians work on a bigger better fleet of ships. just look around, half the feds, kdf and romulan fleets are made up of non canonical ship classes. so we come back to the question just above.

a resounding no to a second cardassian lockbox. the cardassians are the 4th power in the quadrant, they should pull their own weight and correct the mistakes of the past.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Being a big fan of Cardassians I want those ships too, but I would rather have them included with Cardassian faction. And I don't think that one lockbox is that much of a issue as they could just make another Galor as tier 4 cruiser which would Cardassian captains get for free when they reach Gul (Captain) rank.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I've always said...you can't really call ROM a faction, it's more just a playable race. I never expected having to join either FED or KDF, because then it stopped being stand-alone. I don't see why we can't have playable Cardassians, with a small series of episodes like the Romulans have and then join either FED or KDF. If they alter the Cardy Lock Box though, then the Galor's should automatically become T6.
  • Options
    cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The Cardassians have quite a few ships that would very much qualify them as a faction, the "lockbox" version not withstanding as something that could be upgraded, If they decided to. Taken as an example from Star Trek Armada 2, which Cryptic has already taken some ideas from such as the kestrel class and commanders gig, both romulan ships they converted to shuttles.

Here is the lineup and mind some of these are already in STO:

Hideki-class scout (already in STO)
    Jannisary-class
    Vasad-class
    Gul Vystan-class
    Legate-class
    Brinok-class (which ironically could double as a flight deck cruiser)
    Rasilak-class
    Sartan-class (definitely Tactical)
    Kulinor-class(in STA2 this is equivalent to the nebula science vessel, so this could definitely be a good option)
    Galor-class(most common workhorse of the union). (already in STO)
    Keldon-class(this ended up as one of their flagship setups)
    Dreadnought missile-(aww come on, its not a ship but like a flying surfboard of destruction)
    plus all the various support ships of which I have seen variants all through STO as various shuttles, freighters, etc
    For a shuttle starter perhaps a smaller version of the colony ship?

So that could be a good starting lineup. Overall wether it happens or not? who knows. but theres still a lot of material to work with. hope that helps:)

Oh, on a side note, Cryptic could do good making the Shadow from STA2 as a true Romulan science type ship, just throwing that out there:)

• Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    cenell, there is a problem with your proposed ships, they are all made up by Activision.

The Commander`s Gig and Kestrel ARE canon ships, hence why they are ingame. Activision did not create those.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    cenell wrote: »
    The Cardassians have quite a few ships that would very much qualify them as a faction, the "lockbox" version not withstanding as something that could be upgraded, If they decided to. Taken as an example from Star Trek Armada 2, which Cryptic has already taken some ideas from such as the kestrel class and commanders gig, both romulan ships they converted to shuttles.

Here is the lineup and mind some of these are already in STO:

Hideki-class scout (already in STO)
    Jannisary-class
    Vasad-class
    Gul Vystan-class
    Legate-class
    Brinok-class (which ironically could double as a flight deck cruiser)
    Rasilak-class
    Sartan-class (definitely Tactical)
    Kulinor-class(in STA2 this is equivalent to the nebula science vessel, so this could definitely be a good option)
    Galor-class(most common workhorse of the union). (already in STO)
    Keldon-class(this ended up as one of their flagship setups)
    Dreadnought missile-(aww come on, its not a ship but like a flying surfboard of destruction)
    plus all the various support ships of which I have seen variants all through STO as various shuttles, freighters, etc
    For a shuttle starter perhaps a smaller version of the colony ship?

So that could be a good starting lineup. Overall wether it happens or not? who knows. but theres still a lot of material to work with. hope that helps:)

Oh, on a side note, Cryptic could do good making the Shadow from STA2 as a true Romulan science type ship, just throwing that out there:)

the star trek armada 2 ships and those from ds9: dominion wars belong to mad doc software (now called "rockstar new england" these days) and gizmo games and i can not remember what happend to them though. cryptic would need to ask permission to use these designs and i doubt activision-blizzard would give up the ship game designs to a rival game developer, not unless cryptic was serious about star trek armada 3. in addition i would suspect CBS approval would be needed anyway.
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »
    So am I the only who wonders why we haven't had a new Cardie Lockbox and really wants one with the following ships:

Keldon Heavy Cruiser T6
    Galor Cruiser T6 (Dominion enhanced version?)
    Hideki Fighter T5
    nccmark wrote: »

I could see a T6 Keldon.

i couldn't, because keldons are at least 30 some odd years old now, they are not T6 material. a T6 galor/keldon retrofit maybe

look towards some of the older star trek pc games for some cardassian ship inspiration
  • Options
    Making a T6 variant could include 25th Century updates to the design, like what was done with current ships for Fed, KDF, and Romulans. The main problem however, is the fact that Cardassia isn't allowed to have anything bigger than a Self Defense Force after the Dominion War ended.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    They could also add Spiral Wave Disruptor Cannon weapons and DBB/Omnis.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    Which in turn can be given to the NPCs as well as they use the Spiral Wave beam arrays but have to use Phasers for dual beam banks.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    The Cardassians also like to make the most use out of their ships, the Galor was already an old ship by the TNG episode The Wounded
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      It'd be nice to finally be able to get the old school Cardassian uniform.

djt9oDi.png

YsLXttd.png
      /channel_join grind
    • Options
      dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
      The Holy Bugship came in gift boxes. You didn't need a key to open those.

No keys, but you had to buy the box! So same difference. :p

• Options
      The main problem however, is the fact that Cardassia isn't allowed to have anything bigger than a Self Defense Force after the Dominion War ended.

thats a problem? how so? cryptic writers could easily make a storyline that would have the treaty of bajor ammended to allow the cardassians to become a power again.