test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's The Dil?

Many players have been posting about the increase in dilithium prices. This is due to multiple things in the game as in the dil payouts and the new Admiralty missions. However, without any new holdings or dilithium dumps the prices will continue to rise. And even should a new holding or such be added at this time; it would only be a temporary fix, a Band-Aid, for now there are many hardcore players with stockpiles. A way to stabilize the market would be to add a Dilithium Auction/Exchange. Sure there will be those who will make a lot of dilithium but many will also be spending it. Then should a small dilithium charge/tax be added for the items to be posted or bought it will slowly reduce the amount of dil in the game. The benefit of it would give players with stockpiles to use their dil on and a way for those who are struggling with it to make some. It may not drop the market prices a lot, but it will help to stabilize it before the prices become so overinflated beyond reach.
I fly with my tailgate down.

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Forget that, onward to 500!!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Forget that, onward to 500!!!
    garaks31 wrote: »
    i eagerly await that the max rate become 750

So I guess you guys basically want to say to the f2pers that use their dilithium for zen to either "open your wallets" or have fun with what you have?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    For the moment the diminishing value of refined dilithium works in Cryptic's favor. If F2P players do not want to go through the process of grinding and refining more dilithium, then perhaps they will decide to open up their wallet to buy some Zen to make up for the time it takes to slowly refine dil.

That is generally what I have been doing since I started playing in Jan 2014 (when 1 Zen was worth around 120 dil). I would grind some dil and buy some Zen (when on sale), then wait for a sale on whatever I wanna buy (ship / services) and be done with it. It worked out pretty well I think; Cryptic gets some money from me and I was able to shave a bit of the price off by using refined dil to buy Zen. I still do the same thing now, but naturally it takes longer to gather up enough refined dil to trade for Zen.

I do not think Cryptic is too concerned about the exchange rate yet. If the number of F2P players drops enough, then maybe Cryptic will do something about it. But only if that is not offset by the remaining F2P player base opening their wallets to buy more Zen.

That reminds me... I need to subscribe again for another 30 days ($15), I created 5 more captains since the last time I subscribed. I want the extra personal inventory and bank slots for those 5 toons that subbing give you. Plus I wanna report in some promotions to get the free respect tokens I would be entitled to. The 500 Zen would be a nice addition to my small pile of Zen.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Yes, yes . . . we need a tax to help pay for the roads . . . wait a second, you just want to delete dilithium! How about you just lose 1% of your dilithium stash everyday instead.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I put Dil on my pickles.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm actually still struggling to see any kind of problem with the system as is. In response to many requests, Cryptic have introduced massive inputs of Dilithium (the KDF Admiralty campaign being the biggest single change, IMO). Therefore you have much more dilithium chasing (at a guess) the same amount of Zen.

This is only an issue for Zen trading, though - for anything else, such as rep gear, upgrades, fleet projects etc - the current model is literally the best it's ever been.

"Do without" is always a valid option, anyway. Can't afford the T6 flagships bundle? So what? Why not just experiment more with the ships you already have?
  • Options
    spectre80spectre80 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Zen is too expensive, and exchange rates are extortionate. Conclusion i will keep my money and my dilithium.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Its a combination of factors. We were starting to stabilize back to a balance point before Cryptic announced the T6 Flagships.

Things that drive the price of Zen up
    • Sales
    • Events that flood the Dilithium Market
    • New ship announcements

So far we've had the Mirror Incursion event, Jupiter, T6 Defiant, Winter sale, New Lockbox, Bonus Zen, T6 Flagships, ANOTHER sale...

Its just piling on, not giving the market a chance to recover.

I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. We NEED a counterbalance or a period without all these events to stabilize the market again.
    staq16 wrote: »
    "Do without" is always a valid option, anyway. Can't afford the T6 flagships bundle? So what? Why not just experiment more with the ships you already have?

Perhaps, but when you've been flying the same ship for a couple years, sometimes something new is fun. Even if it isn't the newest shiny.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)