test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Flagships Announcement

Comments

• tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    Impatiently waiting for even more ludicrious DPS numbers. :)

T6 Scimitar looks menacingly, at least he has only command bridge seat and all command abilities are defensive. So it is not that big boost for damage like starship traits from lobi store (supremacy, invincible)

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Ambush_Point_Marker

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Concentrate_Firepower

These aren't, but I was hoping the flag ships would have uni specialization seat. But maybe if we ever get First Officer system. Maybe with that we can get up to lt com specialization abilities of any specialization. A upgrade is a upgrade so no worries, hopes for another Lt. com on these.

This Ambush Marker can only be placed outside of combat, and not while Cloaked. Concentrate Firepower marks a foe and buffs every Ally shooting torpedoes at that foe.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Functionality question: Is Check Mate compatible with the "Photonic Shockwave" triggered by Overwhelming Force? The latter Starship Trait tends to be rather finicky as to its interactions, but could be more appealing if it works with the former.

Otherwise, it'll be the comparative stats that decide if we'll be seeing many of the Fed/KDF Flagships...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Hmm, interesting, but I'll only pick these up if you can use the old consoles, because I have to say, those old consoles are all much more interesting than the description I just read for these new consoles.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    sry but ... COMMAND spec again?

sry but either make it a universal universal seat or leave it.

each of them is outclassed by the corresponding command battlecruiser, so why have them at all? i dont see any reason for buying one of the ships, unless they come with 5/5 weapons or sth like that.

really dissappointing, i really was hoping for the flagships to be the first ships delivering universal-universal seats, even if those were only lt rank.

all those command ships, with all the same damn TWO USEFUL SKILLS that is focus/concentrate firepower and ... is there a second one at all?

wasted efford for the devteam. could as well just enabled the odyy/bortas/scimitar skin for the command battle cruisers.
  • tron9898tron9898 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    There has to be a discount for people who already own those T5 ships. There has to be!!!!! If its not then it's just a rip off
  • alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    All I wanted from the T6 Romulan Dreadnought Warbirds was a curvy, more Romulan-esque Scimitar design. Based on the picture in this announcement, it looks like the designers have done just that. Looks beautiful just from that one shot! I can't wait to see what it and the other two variants look like in full when the stats blog comes out!

WELL DONE GUYS, WELL DONE!!!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Finally we have some visual customization options for the Oddy and the Bortasque
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Interesting. Will the NPC flagships (Enterprise, Lleiset, Bortasqu') get updated to these new ones?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Could care less for an Oddy and won't bother with it unless is "FREE". However, happy for the fan base that asked for it. It was a mater of time before this upgrade.normal-1.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    tome85 wrote: »
    dalolorn wrote: »
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    For the Bortasqu drivers out there...

"Take it slow." (Russian English accent)

*French accent* Hailing frequencies open.

(I wondered when the BC jokes would show up...)

''Battlecruiser operational.'' (Russian English accent)

I played that game recently and found the T6 Bortasqu reminded me of that Big Bad Boy! :#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2WYZ0jBjR0 :D
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    davideight wrote: »
    ...sry but ... COMMAND spec again?...

With stuff like the aforementioned CBC's and other cruisers largely getting command spec, if you couldn't see this coming...
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    tron9898 wrote: »
    There has to be a discount for people who already own those T5 ships. There has to be!!!!! If its not then it's just a rip off

Just count how many T5s got the T6 treatment and then how often such a discount happened....

Well, for now let's wait to see the rest of the stats 'cause if they don't pull off some major feat then they're pointelss.
    The T5 odys still are decent ships, the scimi still is the incarnation of powercreep and all the borts are still shunned for their very poor maneuverability and 1 whooping boff slot won't change any that. Especially if it's the disappointment of an ensign becoming an lt. like we've seen on some other refits.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Hmm... half a hour after announcement, and the Dillithium Exchange jumped to 331 already....
  • alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Hmm... half a hour after announcement, and the Dillithium Exchange jumped to 331 already....
    LOL, depending on what the stats are on these ships, we very well may see the Dilithium Exchange get close to or meet it's max of 500 Dilithium per ZEN.

• p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Meh.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    My wallet is hiding in the corner whimpering.
    Oh well, Certain sacrifices will have to be made
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    "Flambard" class? There's a sort of sword called a flamberge....
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    My thing is with the bortasqu' is that its the most loathed ship due to its uselessness and the fact it held back progress on the KDF ships don't make enough money for 2+ years and its headed into that again. I will never forget the dev blog originally with this ship years ago where it was stated "this ship is not designed to use cannons or torpedoes but we did not want to make players feel gimped so we allowed dual cannons to be mounted". Next day console auto cannon comes out as a blog and ppl asked you said it wasn't designed to use cannons and it has this auto cannon? Response was yes we are aware of this.

I just can't see myself bothering to get this mostly because I mostly have KDF characters the ship mastery and such is too much of a grind already. So why waste resources on something that is already known to be worthless.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    shevet wrote: »
    "Flambard" class? There's a sort of sword called a flamberge....

I know...hoping for a misprint ;) Googling the scim names is a nice intro to different sword styles, and glad to see the khopesh make it in there
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Unless they make the consoles from the T5 work with the T6, I will not be getting the T6 variants.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Can you say Zen Sale please, support me support you :+1:
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • tron9898tron9898 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    tron9898 wrote: »

Just count how many T5s got the T6 treatment and then how often such a discount happened....

Well, for now let's wait to see the rest of the stats 'cause if they don't pull off some major feat then they're pointelss.
    The T5 odys still are decent ships, the scimi still is the incarnation of powercreep and all the borts are still shunned for their very poor maneuverability and 1 whooping boff slot won't change any that. Especially if it's the disappointment of an ensign becoming an lt. like we've seen on some other refits.

I don't like being cheated
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Wheres the T6 Sovereign?

Not the thread to be asking in. Go sit in a corner.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    davideight wrote: »
    sry but ... COMMAND spec again?

sry but either make it a universal universal seat or leave it.

each of them is outclassed by the corresponding command battlecruiser, so why have them at all? i dont see any reason for buying one of the ships, unless they come with 5/5 weapons or sth like that.

really dissappointing, i really was hoping for the flagships to be the first ships delivering universal-universal seats, even if those were only lt rank.

all those command ships, with all the same damn TWO USEFUL SKILLS that is focus/concentrate firepower and ... is there a second one at all?

wasted efford for the devteam. could as well just enabled the odyy/bortas/scimitar skin for the command battle cruisers.

They're never going to do universal/universal seating. If they did that, they might as well not make any more ships since no one would buy anymore ships.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    i take it this won't benefit someone like me who doesn't own any of the zen store odysseys but owns the 2 Year Anniversary Odyssey Star Cruiser.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    So maybe they should do Command/Universal for Ops ship variant, Intel/Uni for Sci, and Pilot/Uni for Tactical?
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Consoles here, consoles there... But will the ship parts be interchangeable?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Hmmm...I was really hoping that the anni ship would lead to some nice new science ships but nope, more bloomin' cruisers.

Ah well my wallet is sealed shut for now.
    SulMatuul.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    These ships are long over due! I may cave for the KDF bundle. Personally though. I am waiting on T6 Vesta's and T6's Ambassadors for my Fed characters. I would also like some T6 D7's for both KDF and Romulan characters.