test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: February - Submit Yours Now!

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
Hi fellow Captains,

January just passed by, didn't it...?
And quickly it did pass, indeed. February is onto us already and we all know what that means. Beginning of the new month means - new Screenshot Contest theme. Not intending to break the habit.

Please note, that due to this month being shorter, we will extend the February contest until 5th March.

For the efficiency's sake and to not make this overly too long wall-of-text; here is your theme for the month of February:

February's Theme: "Classic Designs"

So what exactly does 'Classic Designs' mean? - is what you may be asking as of now. The theme was left open-ended intentionally, to allow you to incorporate both space and ground aspects as you dig in-game to grab your screenshot for this month.

To get your creative juices flowing - What does come to you, when you think of 'classics'? Wanting to revisit your favorite Star Trek shows? Iconic ships? Uniforms? Locations? The pick is yours, and we are eager to see what you all, wonderful folks, will come up with!

For one F.A.Q. - To upload your screenshots, use a public hosting service, such as www.imgur.com and then post its' URL with the
[img]picture's url here[/img]

To summarize:
  • Think of iconic & classic.
  • Be creative; and have fun with it, you're encouraged to come up with your vision of 'classic'. Space & ground perfectly valid.
  • Tools like Photoshop or taking screenshots from Demorecord Tool, from the demos you recorded are perfectly within rules!
  • Only one entry per one user.
  • Entering the contest with more than one account, to bypass the "one entry per user" rule WILL get you disqualified.
  • You can edit your entry throughout the month's contest at your leisure. Just edit your entry with another picture if you want/need to.
  • Have fun!

Have fun!

PRIZES:

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

FEW RULES:
  • All images must be at least 1920x1080 for submission. Or larger.
  • One entry per month per author. You can re-entry next month if you don't win.
  • Images not meeting the size-requirement will not qualify for the grand- prize of being converted into a wallpaper!
  • All images must be submitted in JPEG form. If you add any graphic elements to your picture, make sure you do keep the .PSD file, in case you win!
  • Adding custom flavor to your image is encouraged! (Ie. editing in Photoshop)
  • Absolute must - All images must be purely made by using Star Trek Online visual assets. Don't use any TV series/movies pictures!
  • No usage of third-party 3D models. As above. Your entries must be done purely by using STO visual assets and/or your creativity. (Photoshop editing - it HAS to be your work)

A LITTLE HOW TO:

All entries must be at least 1920x1080. There are few ways how to get a good picture.
  • Type "/renderscale 2" (or larger number, but needs stronger computer/GPU) into your chat window before you take the image.
  • Type "/screenshot" to take image.
  • This will create a large .TGA file in the directory, which you can convert in Photoshop, to fit the required size.
  • Additionally, you can edit your screenshot, to add custom perks to it, you deem fit! The only rule here is, again, and this is emphasised - it must be your work!
  • You can find your screenshot folder in "\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots" - that being a rule of thumb on most computers

Good luck to every participant. Be Efficient!

~Captain Jan
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Post edited by jodarkrider on

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    EDIT:

I came to realize that my most classic screenshot I've taken was not this month.... but nearly 3 years ago...

Ws96cfK.jpg

Full Size: 4320 x 2700

Raw screenshot... no edits...

Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The IKS Vek'na investigates the destruction.

Investigating%20the%20destruction.jpg.opt860x485o0%2C0s860x485.jpg

Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    cedmon91cedmon91 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Year of Hell - The U.S.S. Voyager engages 2 Krenim Warships

2QfgZlx.jpg

Post edited by cedmon91 on
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    I love classic 23rd century design. <3
    Black finish, silver highlights...
    but the first thing that came to my mind was... "and women wore less"...

1O5MUiC.jpg

Live long and prosper \V/,
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    onlyslightlybentonlyslightlybent Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    StxNa4h.jpg?1

Post edited by onlyslightlybent on
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    uss_tacoma_by_rattler20200-d9r2fd0.jpg
    Actually pulled my old T2 Connie out for this one. Felt inspired to try a nice beauty shot over Earth. And I purposefully wanted the Pacific Northwest in the shot because of the name of the ship. ^^

http://rattler20200.deviantart.com/art/USS-Tacoma-589658436?ga_submit_new=10%3A1454991486
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by fringecutlery on
  • Options
    himble42himble42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    screenshot_2016-02-09-19-32-00_zpsigieauws.jpg
    Himble_zps0106667a.jpg
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    Well I took a lot of Screenshots the other day, but this one is the one I'm most proud of.
    One of my Favorite shots from "Generations" is when we first see the Enterprise-B in Spacedock. (15 Second Mark)

I did my Best to recreate it in STO.

Here she is... The U.S.S. Livingston in Drydock.
    U.S.S. Livingston
    NCC-94274
    Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser - Tier Six

1PNWof7.png

Original Image. No Edits except the Addition of the Logo.
  • Options
    gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    OoSFsyZ.jpg
  • Options
    BTW.. where do you guys announce the winners??​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    WwpxTC.jpg
    Post edited by azniadeet on
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Its continuing mission...
    AvUjW9x.jpg

Post edited by cuchulainn74 on
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter

There will be a Dev blog "Soon" They have to compile the Winners, and Make them into Desktop backgrounds and gather prizes. It takes a bit, especially with all the Flagship stuff going on right now. :smile:
  • Options
    gazdav3gazdav3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    well here go's my entry

bit of a recreation using in game assets USS. Excelsior gives chase to the Enterprise.

http://i.imgur.com/pXf26ZR.jpg
    Post edited by gazdav3 on
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Second star to the right...

Second_Star_To_The_Right.jpg

... and straight on till morning.

Edit: pic wasn't showing up. If you're having problems you can view it here.
    Post edited by freakium on
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    They're usually annonced on the website, in the news, around 15th each month. Stay tuned!

Other than that - keep the pictures coming, folks. Also, you're not limited just to TOS series; just thought I would mention it here, as people seem to post it most often and I don't want people to be worried about posting another classic theme! :wink:

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    Ok.... Thanks jodarkrider and primar13​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    jam3smjam3sm Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    well here is my monthly screenshot for now science pilot warbird in the time warp:

timewarp_zpskp7ixt3a.jpg

• Options
    tuesdaydane#5359 tuesdaydane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So deadline will be on the 15th? *sigh* I just signed up a couple of days ago and still unable to post links. :neutral:
  • Options
    So deadline will be on the 15th? *sigh* I just signed up a couple of days ago and still unable to post links. :neutral:
    Hi @tuesdaydane#5359
    Nope. The winners are posted around 15th each month. This contest goes until 5th March. (Since February is shorter, compensating a bit!) So post away! :smiley:

• Options
    tuesdaydane#5359 tuesdaydane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Copy. Thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    explorerbigjonexplorerbigjon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Scratch my last submission. Here's a definite THROWBACK!
    TJosXsF.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/TJosXsF.jpg
    Post edited by explorerbigjon on
  • Options
    drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    February 2016 Screenshot Submission

A Classic scene of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the Mutara Nebula coming around to target the U.S.S. Miranda

0BpyBty.jpg

(assets taken from Star Trek: Online and Photoshop to bring it all together)

Post edited by drazzii on
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I'd like to know why I'm seeing some pictures but not others. Is it whatever they're using to host these pics not shoing up or something?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
      U.S.S. Bradbury, reporting for duty

http://1drv.ms/1KROYY2

Does not seem to show the picture as a prevew..
      The forces of darkness are upon us!
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited February 2016
      gaevsman wrote: »
      U.S.S. Bradbury, reporting for duty

http://1drv.ms/1KROYY2

Does not seem to show the picture as a prevew..
      That is because you are basically linking to a website that just happens to show the image, but not to the image itself. Not sure if that is even possible with OneDrive. It's basically the same problem as the Steam link above.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
      A different take on 'classic'...

Feb16ContestClassicPreview.jpg

3840 x 2160
    This discussion has been closed.