test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashes after pressing ENGAGE

Everytime I have tried to load the game from the launcher it crashes after I press ENGAGE. I am currently running Radeon Crimson Software 16.1.1 as my driver. I have also tried repairing the game to no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• zacharcry123zacharcry123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue with the game crashing soon after i press "engage" , I was hoping to find some answers aswell
  • colobvious#3624 colobvious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Up at the top of the launch window, click on options. Then find the box marked 'safe mode', and check that box. (You might also check the one marked 'force verify', but safe mode I think is the one that will help)

Once you get into the very first character screen, STOP!
    Click on options --> display, and change it from fullscreen to 'windows maximized'. Also, if you're computer savvy, take 'Video Card' off 'auto', and move it to whichever D3D option is best for your computer.

Make sure antialiasing is set to 'none'.

This should at least get you off the ground, and if not, let me know what your settings are in the display and graphics tabs and we can go from there.
    Colonel Obvious
    - Fleet Admiral
    - Executive Officer, 12th Fleet
    - Old Guy
    sup.jpg
  • zorrza101zorrza101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey Colobvious, Jusy wanted to give you a shout out and thank you for the info. Helped me get back into the game after not being able to get past the first 2 loading screens. The fix worked and I am once again playing. Thank You.
  • colobvious#3624 colobvious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    No worries. :)
    Happy to help :)
    Colonel Obvious
    - Fleet Admiral
    - Executive Officer, 12th Fleet
    - Old Guy
    sup.jpg
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Same here since the last patch, instant crashes after pressing engage.

Force verify and safe mode tried - same result.

Latest NVidia drivers are installed. Any advice?
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Did no one has any idea? Btw. even a complete new install hasn't fixed the problem.

Alert.log:

1 InvalidType[1]: InvalidType[1]: TriggerAlert(\r\n{\r\n\tKey Get_Dcm_Keys_Failed\r\n\tString \qCOuldn\st find key DCMKeyValues while trying to read DCM keys from registry\q\r\n\tLevel CRITICAL\r\n\tMostrecenthappenedtime 540183428\r\n\tIdofobject 1\r\n\tIdofserver 1\r\n\tMachinename DaniPC\r\n\tAlertuid 1\r\n\tAlertuidstringed 1\r\n\tPatchversion \qST.71.20170108a.26 (SVN 204208(http://code/svn/StarTrek/Baselines/ST.71.20170108a.0(branch svn = 205317)) Gimme 01081711:30:37)(+incrs)\q\r\n}\r\n)​​
  • bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue.

Are tech support aware and are they sorting a fix?