test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Windows 10 or my resolution?

So after an unfortunate drop with my old laptop I've got a new one and I'm not sure if it's windows 10 or if it is the resolution that is giving me all this trouble. (99% sure it's the resolution though I just need a second opinion and maybe ideas on how to fix it)

these are the specs of the pc I am on now:

16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz (8GBx2)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M with 8GB GDDR5
512GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English
Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Dynamically Overclocked up to 4.1GHz)
17.3 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IGZO IPS Anti-Glare 400-nits Display

with that my problem is this:

When I try to start the game up the load screen (Cryptic loading screen) starts off in the window maximized. Once that loads fully the shoots to the top left corner of my screen and will go to the character select and even be able to play the game. I've tried messing with ingame options to go to fullscreen but it crashes. When I try to mess with the Gameprefs file it does nothing. I have the game installed via Arc just for reference.

ESO and FF xiv seem to work fine on this pc. However a small bug is present in LoL as well. I've done research on it and it appears to be a resolution thing for LoL. Which leads me to believe that it is also a resolution issue for STO as well. I know a lot of games do not support the 3840 x 2160 resolution because it's like "next gen" for pc's.

So any help would be more than welcomed. I provided the information about the other games as a reference as to a possible insight to the real issue, nothing more.

Comments

• rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    It would be nice to know what the issue is. Sadly there are 100's of posts saying it works or doesn't work. Very few solutions are available and work for the select few. Example.. typing -d3d11enable 0 -d3d9 into the options tab command line once the launcher is up. It forces the game to use dx9 drivers.

My hard drive crashed. I didn't buy out dated equipment so I could play STO. The more people that buy new computers or upgrade the ones they have the less profit the game will make...
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/