test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway: same old stuff

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I gotta give the OP credit... for his ability to look ahead and begin complaining now... very forward thinking of you... Kudos.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I really hate free stuff.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    I really dont care if its the same old stuff. If you dont want it most you can sell for EC to a vendor. Shrug free is free.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    some players could be unlucky and may have got given something that has been given away before and some players may have even bought something that is being given away but there are probably some players that will not have what is being given away, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
    when all is said and done cryptic are not obliged to give anything away, we should think our lucky stars that we play a game in which we get the chance to maybe get as many free items as we do even if sometime we luck out.
    its easy to complain when we feel hard done by, I have done so myself but we should remember that if cryptic was as mean as some other game company's we would not be able to gripe about freebies as there would not be any.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    They haven't even announced what the giveaways are and you're already whining about. Free TRIBBLE is free TRIBBLE. I have been here for a year and all the giveaways have been useful to me. You sure can't say they're not generous when it comes to giving.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Free stuff is free. I don't get why complaining. Any free stuff given helps players, if it doesn't help you, it helps someone else. that should be incentive enough to be thankful. I had Orion Marauder on my main account bought before and two times they've given it since I've bought it, and I never complained - first time I've managed to snuck it to my alt account as well (this one), and the second time a lot of people got it. There's simply no reasoning you can justify to moan about free things.

d6e9a62673cdc815c6eb7eac30551c8e.jpg

5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Im greatful for any free items Cryptic decide to make available. If I have them already on one toon most of the time another toon can use them :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    i was very happy to score a RMC a couple giveaways ago adn the last set of giveaways were pretty decent boots IIRC
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    r24681012 wrote: »
    while i Believe a getting freebies is always good and for Newbbies it is a exciting time alot of the stuff they give away is stuff most people already have do you guys think it would be good if they gave away brand new stuff new uniforms Bridge sets and other stuff created for this event

It'd be really great if they'd give you a few periods, question marks, and capital letters.
    bergins wrote: »
    ... and a spell checker

STOP makin' me spit out my Rootbeer!!!
    ROTFLMAO
    B)

Oh, the Free Stuff....

Yaaay!
    <3
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    lianthelia wrote: »
    They said Krenim Science ship...not Science Dreadnought...so it's a safe bet that this will be a original ship.
    Not necessarily. There were 2 Krenim ships (+the temporal weapon) shown on Voyager. This could be the other one.
    Being free and Science, it's likely going to be a traditional Science ship...6 weapons, small, and average turn. (I don't think I see them doing something like the Science Destroyer again, but I could be wrong)
    Remains to be seen.
    If/when we get a 3 pack connected to it, it will be faction based, like the command cruisers.
    Very likely. Hopefully that will also be science, because Klingons and Romulans badly need those.
    The ship probably wont have anything to really do with time, just like the Krenim Destroyer.
    "Take command of Krenim technology and harness time-itself with our Anniversary Ship" suggests it will.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    "Take command of Krenim technology and harness time-itself with our Anniversary Ship" suggests it will.

pity players wont be able to use it to go back in time and claim past event ships & giveaways LOL.

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Honestly, as much as I've moaned about a lot lately, I don't understand why people are moaning about free giveaways.

Some of the giveaways will quite likely be repeats of what has been given away before, yes, but not everyone was here before. Why should the latest giveaways cater specifically to you? Seems awefully selfish of those expecting giveaways to be what they want, rather than what is best for the community. It's almost as though some of you people think you're entitled to free stuff. Newsflash for you; you're not. Cryptic are giving away what they deem suitable. If you've already got it, be thankful others get to have it to. If you haven't got it, grab it, and if you don't want it or it doesn't agree with you, that's fine too, just don't use it.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    the thing is as this is a 6 day giveaway so there is a good chance there will be a good amount of free items you probably can claim even if there is the odd items you cant.
    things like ship slots, inventory slots, spec points, doff packs and so on.

you would be unlucky beyond belief if every item in the giveaway was something you could not claim for whatever reason.

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    you would be unlucky beyond belief if every item in the giveaway was something you could not claim for whatever reason.
    With this giveaway being of the anniversary kind, I'm expecting them to give away a T6 ship, specifically the Andromeda (I know a bunch of people - myself included, got a promotional unlock for that as a return to the game incentive). I'm willing to bet though that the Andromeda will be the T6 anniversary giveaway (which is fine with me by the way) but I bet you some of those that already have the ship (be it through a purchase, or through the same promotion) will complain about it being unfair.

Too many people seem to think that the giveaway should provide them with a bunch of stuff that they don't already have, when it shouldn't. The giveaway is for the entire playerbase, not individuals. Unless someone has TRIBBLE the c-store, there's always going to be something still locked away, and like you've said, you'd have to be really unlucky to not have anything.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    bardbrain#1199 bardbrain Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them giveaway mirror ships going forward.

Why? Because especially with Admiralty being in play, it's still "something new" for people who have all the ships. And that way claiming the freebie Mirror ship doesn't take away your need/option to get the C-Store ship.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    flash525 wrote: »
    With this giveaway being of the anniversary kind, I'm expecting them to give away a T6 ship, specifically the Andromeda

I wouldn't mind the Andromeda. I got the Negh'Tev on my KDF, and I love that trait.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    I would love that too rattler but remember last year I think the best we got was the t5 ambassador
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    And the KDF got the short end with the Marauder given away... again.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Here's the usual stuff given away:

TMP Uniform

All Good Things Uniform

Galaxy/Raptor Bridge pack

21st century formal costume

R&D pack

T5 Ambassador retrofit

Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser

T2 ship pack: Rhode Island, Dhael, Qaw'Dun

AM I missing anything?
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    Can we PLEASE replace the Marauder with the Kamarag Retrofit?
  • Options
    Why? It has the same stats as the t5 ambassador and it's not even good looking, I would greatly prefer something like a t6 ship pack

• Options
    If we're gonna get a T5, I wouldn't mind the Kamarag KDF side. Stats asside, it would be better than the Marauder again as it would be different.

Also I happen to have used the Kamarag Retro for a long time and enjoyed her.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Personally Im hoping for a couple ships slots, character slots, acct bank expansions, other utility stuff like that to be included with the usual ship/costume. Spec points are meh to me, but a solid tech upgrade that actually ups the rarity % would also be nice
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Most of it will probably be some spec points, R&D packs and stuff like that, which is fine by me. Free stuff is free so it will be taken. ;)
    While I do expect some ships given away I highly doubt it's gonna be above T4 though I'd bet not T3 since that would be stuff like the Vandal (leech), Thunderchild (point defense) and Valdore (forgot the name), etc. Would be pretty insane of them to give one of those away for free.
    Personally I hope for T4 as I recently noticed that I don't own a single one of them. :D

Edit:
    The T4 defiant could be a good guess since that could encourage people to get the whole bunch when the upcoming battlecloak upgrade for the set hits holodeck.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I like free stuff. Free stuff I don't already have would be better though.

Spec points...eh, I've already maxed them out on my main. Nice for alts I suppose.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Our fleet just unlocked Krenim BOffs, so I just bought a pair of slots yesterday, so...

Day One Giveaway is sure to be BOff Slots.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    I just started a Klingon, so I wouldn't mind an Marauder :)
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The sense of entitlement is strong with this OP...
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for a promo account unlock of the Kamarag Retrofit like they did with the Ambassador Retrofit. May only be T5, but that was my ship for a LONG time KDF side.

That reminds me, Temporal Ambassador still gives away the T4 version of those ships. I should rerun it for the Admiralty card.
    hyefather wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    cidjack wrote: »
    People bitching on the forums about free stuff?

It must be a Thursday.

Didn't know every day was Thursday..

Anyway it's always nice to get free stuff and hoping the give away stuff is not on my list of previous purchases :pensive:

If people didn't TRIBBLE and whine about STO, we would all die. Everybody knows that.

It's an improvement over the old Aztec (or was it Incan?), blood sacrifices to stave off the end of the world.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    hyefather wrote: »
    Free ships now adays means more than they use to. We have the admirality minigame to thank for that, witch TBH I personally like because it has helped me get my spec points built up.

Whats a come'in

If cryptic follows suit to what they have done in the past this is what is going to happen. We will get a stripped down verson of a T6 Krenim time-ship with a rare console and without a trait that (eventually) is going to sale in the lobi store for 600 lobi (give or take a few). For now though it will be obtainable by playing Q's aniversary mini games. Then, We will be given the option to Purchase a 3 pack of T6 Krenim time-ships ALL with rare consoles and ALL with very good Mastery Level 5 traits (oh, and each ship's trait is diffrent btw). Whats even better is that this New 3 pack of ships come with a 4 piece console set. Wut? Yeah, the free aniversary ship that you can get has the 4th piece. So if you want the complete set you need to purchase the 3 pack and grind the aniversary ship. On cryptics behalf thought, the 4 piece set is normally OP, I mean really OP.

As for the same old stuff. I see only new stuff but thats just me.

They said Krenim Science ship...not Science Dreadnought...so it's a safe bet that this will be a original ship.

Being free and Science, it's likely going to be a traditional Science ship...6 weapons, small, and average turn. (I don't think I see them doing something like the Science Destroyer again, but I could be wrong)

If/when we get a 3 pack connected to it, it will be faction based, like the command cruisers.

The ship probably wont have anything to really do with time, just like the Krenim Destroyer.

Back to the OP, who cares? They don't have to give us a thing...they don't have to give us a free and valid ship...in the last year they have been more generous then ever with the free stuff...especially free spec points and inventory slots for all characters.

Yes, sometimes they give away things that people already have...it's still really generous of them to give them away...and new people don't have them...that extra ship that you have will be very helpful for new players in admiralty.

I still remember the first time. After the success of the first Risa Summer Event, they were grateful and said we're giving away a free item every day this week. And if it's a ship it's gonna be both Fed and Klingon, everybody basically had Bill and Ted reactions. It was rather glorious.

Thanks Cryptic, it's gonna be fun.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"