test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway: same old stuff

while i Believe a getting freebies is always good and for Newbbies it is a exciting time alot of the stuff they give away is stuff most people already have do you guys think it would be good if they gave away brand new stuff new uniforms Bridge sets and other stuff created for this event

Comments

• tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I doubt that if new C-Store uniforms/Bridges were ever done, it wouldn't be for free.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'm still hoping for a promo account unlock of the Kamarag Retrofit like they did with the Ambassador Retrofit. May only be T5, but that was my ship for a LONG time KDF side.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I have not purchased everything there is is buy so I'm always being given things that I did not have. Every giveaway provides something that I either wanted or could use even if I had not thought about buying it. I have never needed to buy a ship for my KDF character because of the freebies. Same old stuff to some will possibly be new to me. Peace.
    I'm also hoping for a T3 of T4 Fed ship, as my roster of available ships does have a pretty big tier hole. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Free ships now adays means more than they use to. We have the admirality minigame to thank for that, witch TBH I personally like because it has helped me get my spec points built up.

Whats a come'in

If cryptic follows suit to what they have done in the past this is what is going to happen. We will get a stripped down verson of a T6 Krenim time-ship with a rare console and without a trait that (eventually) is going to sale in the lobi store for 600 lobi (give or take a few). For now though it will be obtainable by playing Q's aniversary mini games. Then, We will be given the option to Purchase a 3 pack of T6 Krenim time-ships ALL with rare consoles and ALL with very good Mastery Level 5 traits (oh, and each ship's trait is diffrent btw). Whats even better is that this New 3 pack of ships come with a 4 piece console set. Wut? Yeah, the free aniversary ship that you can get has the 4th piece. So if you want the complete set you need to purchase the 3 pack and grind the aniversary ship. On cryptics behalf thought, the 4 piece set is normally OP, I mean really OP.

As for the same old stuff. I see only new stuff but thats just me.
    edited January 2016
    hyefather wrote: »
    We will get a stripped down verson of a T6 Krenim time-ship with a rare console and without a trait

Then it wouldn't be a T6 ship. ALL T6 ships have traits, other than FLEET STORE versions. The Samsar has a trait, even if it is a passive. And most T6 Lobi sell for 900 I think. And I believe that the current theory is that the Krenim ship means we're getting faction specific C-Store versions later on like how the Samsar lead to the Command Cruisers.
  • ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    free stuff is always welcome , thanks Cryptic
    but please - dont give KDF Marauder flight deck cruiser ........ this ship was free twice .....( and of course , i have it )
    mzspQIG.jpg

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    How is it the OP is saying we're getting the same old stuff, when what's being given away has not been announced yet? Is he psychic? Does he have inside knowledge? Or perhaps, it's...

DOOM!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Couldn't you at least wait for the giveaway to start before whining that you already have what they're giving? :(
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Free stuff: Stuff that never sold well or has already peaked out in sales.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    r24681012 wrote: »
    while i Believe a getting freebies is always good and for Newbbies it is a exciting time alot of the stuff they give away is stuff most people already have do you guys think it would be good if they gave away brand new stuff new uniforms Bridge sets and other stuff created for this event

Last year they gave out bank and ship slots plus some Spec points. Those are not bad at all. I dont need any specs but some might still want them for some other alternate. Bank/Ship slots are always good to have. Anything free is cool.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Wow, I didn't expect whining threads to start a week ahead before the freebies are even announced. DOOOM!
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    People bitching on the forums about free stuff?

It must be a Thursday.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »

It must be a Thursday.

Didn't know every day was Thursday..

Anyway it's always nice to get free stuff and hoping the give away stuff is not on my list of previous purchases :pensive:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It must be a Thursday.

Anyway it's always nice to get free stuff and hoping the give away stuff is not on my list of previous purchases :pensive:

If people didn't TRIBBLE and whine about STO, we would all die. Everybody knows that.

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Need some cheese to go with that whine?

Only a couple times something was giving away I didn't really care for. But for the most part it was a very welcome event. Even last event, I got a lot of stuff. Several helped all my characters as you could claim it on all of them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    r24681012 wrote: »

It'd be really great if they'd give you a few periods, question marks, and capital letters.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    ... and a spell checker
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    farmallm wrote: »
    Need some cheese to go with that whine?

Only a couple times something was giving away I didn't really care for. But for the most part it was a very welcome event. Even last event, I got a lot of stuff. Several helped all my characters as you could claim it on all of them.

Yeah pretty much every giveaway there are some things I already have, last time I only had one of the items, time before that I have several. It's all good.

It will be always a hit or miss on their gifts. Still I'm glad to see the event. At least they are doing something for the players.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    ya know whatd be awesome? if we could be given FREE STUFF w/o people making threads to complain about something Cryptic DOES NOT have to do
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Free mirror sci ship for the account would rock my world. But Im just happy when I can play, grind and make it worth the time and blow stuff up. The worth grinding is the omega game..... :+1:
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You do know that there will NEVER be a three pack of Krenim Ships in the C-Store. It is not a Faction Ship, so no-go there.

We will get a full T6 Krenim Science Vessel and either, a bit later, a T6 cross-faction 10 Console Faction Science Ship Bundle or a Nine-Ship 11 Console Cross-faction Flagship. I could be wrong about the latter, it could be a Nine-Ship 11 Console Science Ship Cross-faction Science Ship Bundles (T6 Vesta Pack with variants for Romulans and KDF). I am not wrong about the Krenim Science Vessel, however.

See the other Thread re: whining about free stuff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    ya know whatd be awesome? if we could be given FREE STUFF w/o people making threads to complain about something Cryptic DOES NOT have to do

Don't be stupid. That would make sense and we can't have that here.

*SMH* Amateurs.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for a promo account unlock of the Kamarag Retrofit like they did with the Ambassador Retrofit. May only be T5, but that was my ship for a LONG time KDF side.

God!, i'll love that, @pwlaughingtrendy please, please, pass this suggestion, my klingons need this ship (i onlo have this in one char :neutral: )
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Free ships now adays means more than they use to. We have the admirality minigame to thank for that, witch TBH I personally like because it has helped me get my spec points built up.

Whats a come'in

If cryptic follows suit to what they have done in the past this is what is going to happen. We will get a stripped down verson of a T6 Krenim time-ship with a rare console and without a trait that (eventually) is going to sale in the lobi store for 600 lobi (give or take a few). For now though it will be obtainable by playing Q's aniversary mini games. Then, We will be given the option to Purchase a 3 pack of T6 Krenim time-ships ALL with rare consoles and ALL with very good Mastery Level 5 traits (oh, and each ship's trait is diffrent btw). Whats even better is that this New 3 pack of ships come with a 4 piece console set. Wut? Yeah, the free aniversary ship that you can get has the 4th piece. So if you want the complete set you need to purchase the 3 pack and grind the aniversary ship. On cryptics behalf thought, the 4 piece set is normally OP, I mean really OP.

As for the same old stuff. I see only new stuff but thats just me.

They said Krenim Science ship...not Science Dreadnought...so it's a safe bet that this will be a original ship.

Being free and Science, it's likely going to be a traditional Science ship...6 weapons, small, and average turn. (I don't think I see them doing something like the Science Destroyer again, but I could be wrong)

If/when we get a 3 pack connected to it, it will be faction based, like the command cruisers.

The ship probably wont have anything to really do with time, just like the Krenim Destroyer.

Back to the OP, who cares? They don't have to give us a thing...they don't have to give us a free and valid ship...in the last year they have been more generous then ever with the free stuff...especially free spec points and inventory slots for all characters.

Yes, sometimes they give away things that people already have...it's still really generous of them to give them away...and new people don't have them...that extra ship that you have will be very helpful for new players in admiralty.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It must be a Thursday.

If people didn't TRIBBLE and whine about STO, we would all die. Everybody knows that.
    I was going to say "It must be a day ending in "y". :p

Anyways, there's no reason to believe the new ship is Annorax class. But there's also no reason not to believe it's T6.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Free lobi crystals x3