test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Coop Ships please!

Yes please make borg ships thank you

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    No. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,804 Community Moderator

This gets done to death constantly dude and it's not going to happen. Borg ships in the hands of players is way too broken and would be way too op. Plus there were some folks saying CBS said no to that idea. Whether there's truth to that or not idk. Either way we don't need player controlled borg ships in game. Now a holo emitter to appear as a borg ship I wouldn't be opposed to. beyond that however it's not needed.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    No playable borg ships! God no!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

...but where, if not a Borg Coop, will we put the Assimilated Chickens?

Robot-Chicken-robot-chicken-153705_1600_1200.jpg
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited January 2016

What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Off topic, are you European? I've noticed, over the years, that Europeans always go overboard on the LOL typing: LOOOL or LOLOLOLOlOl. What's with that?
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    No

1. I doubt CBS would approve.
    2. They are too op.
    3. Cryptic already said no due to the fact that cubes are too big to actually be used.
  • megraemegrae Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    The spheres and probes I can see as a possibility... maybe, but never any of the cubes or other large ships.

Twilight, Particle Physicist that stole the ship.
    Original Signup date: August 4, 2008
    LTS since Pre-Order
    A cube would be as unwieldy as a Vonph, more so, even.
    Queue the naysayers.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    It is bad enough the we have Undine and Herald/Iconian playable ships, so no to Borg ships of any kind...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Unfortunately the presence of Undine, Temporal, and Herald ships means there's no limit to the stupid ships we can get. I would have drawn the line at Breen and Tholians.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thanks for the horrible idea.

You can go now.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    how about in an episode, like how we have controlled other ships in missions
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User

It's been a while since someone asked, must be that time of the year again.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    There is currently plenty of ships that rival the size of a Borg cube. The Iconian ships are aweful but they are ingame so why not Borg ships?

Why would they be any more OP than any other ship if the Devs follow the same design format of other ships? If it is a Cooperative ship why does it have to be a Cube? Why not something along the lines of the Type 3 Borg Starship that we saw after Hugh.

Lets really consider why Borg ships should not be introduced as obtainable craft. We have Cardassian, Farengi, Jem'Hadar, Tholian, Tempral, Krenim, Voth, Undine, Elachi, Hirogen, Breen, Iconian and more. So why not Borg?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tragamites wrote: »
    So why not Borg?

Because the Borg represent the current, universal, 'iconic' threat species/civilization, that is super-powerful.
    Regardless of what Cryptic has done with other species, in-game, the Borg are still the canon Gorillas-in-the-teashop.
    Doesn't matter if the Cooperative from Voyager was introduced into DR, especially if CBS wants the Borg to make an appearance in the new Star Trek series. The Borg have that dark, technological feel to them that would make them useful to a much darker, more modern, Star Trek story. I'd guess that like the T5+ Constitution, the Borg and their ships are a no-go area for Cryptic.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    ASSIMILATED ships...lovely. The Borg space set can do it to some degree, but I think what we all really want is the cool-factor and that's a look of assimilation, or a console that does something a bit cool. Hull armour, torpedo tubes, firing something like the Grappler, which works like assimilation tubules and starts attacking your attackers, etc!

To be honest, "Borg Assimilated" or just "Borg" as a skin option on ours ships would be enough...
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    It is bad enough the we have Undine and Herald/Iconian playable ships, so no to Borg ships of any kind...

I vote your signature the best of all time!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    questerius wrote: »

It's been a while since someone asked, must be that time of the year again.

Yeah! I haven't seen one all year.

SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    kontarnus wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Off topic, are you European? I've noticed, over the years, that Europeans always go overboard on the LOL typing: LOOOL or LOLOLOLOlOl. What's with that?

Americans entertain us... ROFLMAOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Borg are the whimpiest enemy in the game now, don't know what y'all are taking about.

Their ships are too big to be playable but borg derived designs like the Talk Shiar ships would be fine.
  • historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    This literally made me laugh out loud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    As much as I like the look of the CO-OP ships, they are too op and would break the game. The Cooperative needs to be a small, yet effective ally that shows up on very very very rare occasions, and only in the Delta quadrant.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    No playable borg ships! God no!​​

I think the argument against playable Borg ship was undermined by the playable Iconian ship. For all intensive purposes, they are equal and neither race ships should be playable in game (and let's not mention the Undine, though this may be easier to swallow). Even if one argues that Iconian was added because game storyline ended the conflict with Iconians, but when was the last time we really touched on the Borg (especially considering how many we destroyed in STFs). I am not advocating a playable Borg ship, but it is not as easy to dismiss those asking for one due to the Iconian precedent.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I'll second the call for a Borg skin for your ships.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Some people may use the Vonph to justify this. but the Iconian dread carrier sucks
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I read "Borg coop ships" and immediately thought of cooperative play. In principle I think it would be utterly hilarious. You have to have voice chat activated and be forced to listen to 500 other players moaning and yelling at you at once while you all trying to command the one ship.

The ultimate immersive Borg experience.
  • tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    I read "Borg coop ships" and immediately thought of cooperative play. In principle I think it would be utterly hilarious. You have to have voice chat activated and be forced to listen to 500 other players moaning and yelling at you at once while you all trying to command the one ship.

The ultimate immersive Borg experience.

Even if nobody is talking there are still 500 voices playing through comms. hehe