test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who isn't going to see Star Trek Beyond?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah, this is art, not science.... Art doesn't have "objective" standards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Did we really just have a several page discussion about what an "opinion" is?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »

Well, it was better than the original topic.

...in my opinion.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    rooster707 wrote: »
    khan5000 wrote: »

Well, it was better than the original topic.

...in my opinion.

well played
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    This thread is like a car crash. You know you shouldn't stare at it but you can't help yourself.

Back on subject;
    I will go see Beyond. The first two were... decent. Nothing great, but nothing absolutely horrible either. They were fun and I enjoyed them.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    penemue#7777 penemue Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Good show! And on that note, we should all be willing to respect each others' opinions and recognize that no one's opinion about a movie is wrong. You may hate a movie or judge it by your own preffered standards, but you are no more right or wrong than someone who loves it or judges it differently.

If you think McDonalds is better than a 5 star restaurant's steak then that's your opinion - but it's not a very good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3_UHG73oQ
    qD8QR3H.jpg?1

"At the end of the movie, I really care about what happens to the characters … but I’m pretty much missing Gene Roddenberry in J.J.’s interpretation … and at the end of the day, that’s just not OK for me." - Levar Burton

"[OrciTrek] doesn’t have the story heart that the best of my Star Trek had," - William Shatner

"It doesn’t have that element that made … Gene Roddenberry‘s ‘Star Trek,’ what it was." - George Takei

"The Gene Roddenberry years, when stories might play with questions of science, ideals or philosophy, have been replaced by stories reduced to loud and colorful action." - Roger Ebert
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Good show! And on that note, we should all be willing to respect each others' opinions and recognize that no one's opinion about a movie is wrong. You may hate a movie or judge it by your own preffered standards, but you are no more right or wrong than someone who loves it or judges it differently.

If you think McDonalds is better than a 5 star restaurant's steak then that's your opinion - but it's not a very good one.

Nope, I definitely prefer the steak! But if someone else prefers the burger, they aren't wrong.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    What they are looking for could easily be different than the objective of the person who wants the five-star steak, too.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    Nope, I definitely prefer the steak! But if someone else prefers the burger, they aren't wrong.

Your lack of discernment is noted.

a-friend-to-all-is-a-friend-to-none-4.jpg
    qD8QR3H.jpg?1

"At the end of the movie, I really care about what happens to the characters … but I’m pretty much missing Gene Roddenberry in J.J.’s interpretation … and at the end of the day, that’s just not OK for me." - Levar Burton

"[OrciTrek] doesn’t have the story heart that the best of my Star Trek had," - William Shatner

"It doesn’t have that element that made … Gene Roddenberry‘s ‘Star Trek,’ what it was." - George Takei

"The Gene Roddenberry years, when stories might play with questions of science, ideals or philosophy, have been replaced by stories reduced to loud and colorful action." - Roger Ebert
  • Options

Your lack of discernment is noted.

My discernment relates to my choice, and like I said, I prefer the steak. What someone else chooses or prefers is based on their discernment, not mine.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    My discernment relates to my choice, and like I said, I prefer the steak. What someone else chooses or prefers is based on their discernment, not mine.

I'm sure their discernment could be no worse than yours.
    qD8QR3H.jpg?1

• Options

In case you missed it:

It's my task as a Community Moderator to try & keep the discussion positive for everyone involved.

Granted, the OP was less-than-friendly, but by adding up to it & acting equally hostile helps nothing. The thread is on the verge being closed, but I'd like to believe that the hot-heads will calm down & keep it more mature from now on. Consider it just a friendly notice & last chance to save the thread & to keep the discussion going. :smiley:

@jodarkrider already asked us to be nice of he will close the thread. Why are you still making negative personal comments?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User

Welp, here we go again...
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    And as promised.
    /Closed.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.