Install Arc
Options

BOOOO why nerv exp AGAIN?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    er...too fast.

WHEN are they going to fix this edit function ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    er...too fast.

What's wrong with the edit function?

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I use the edit function all the time.

ETA: See?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    er...too fast.

Maybe he's trying to post from an iPad?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    er...too fast.

Maybe he's trying to post from an iPad?

Now there's the source of all evil right there.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Well, it isn't the mobile site in general, that's where I edited my post above from.

In fact, I'd say at least 2/3 of my edits are because the phone's spell checker thinks it is smarter than I, and I don't notice before I post. Take now. "Edits" got turned into "efforts" above. Luckily, since it's exactly what I'm talking about, I was more aware and caught it.

Dammit.... "I'm fact" vs "In fact"...
    "if say" vs "I'd say"...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Well, it isn't the mobile site in general, that's where I edited my post above from.

In fact, I'd say at least 2/3 of my edits are because the phone's spell checker thinks it is smarter than I, and I don't notice before I post. Take now. "Edits" got turned into "efforts" above. Luckily, since it's exactly what I'm talking about, I was more aware and caught it.

Dammit.... "I'm fact" vs "In fact"...
    "if say" vs "I'd say"...
    Get a real computer. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    If I were at my real computer, I'd have a real internet connection and I wouldn't be here lurking in the forums. ;)

What's your excuse?
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    On a toon that's at rank 9 of the Fed Admiralty campaign, I'm seeing 67,800 as the amount required to reach rank 10. I think I remember seeing this suddenly jump to 200,000/200,000 as soon as that bar filled on another toon, but I may be mistaken. If this isn't an error, 10K daily is a heck of a lot of campaign xp, especially when most missions give out a few hundred without the daily bonus. The rank 10 rewards aren't world-shattering and the system is a nice source of EC for grinding reps and the occasional V. Rare R&D materials.

It's much less of a time-gate than R&D, which is a maximum of 21K daily out of 630K (something like that) to reach rank 15 if you're just doing daily research and not grinding out items. Even if I'm wrong and it takes 200K campaign xp to reach rank 10, that's still the same length of time as a sponsored rep just running the daily project and I have no complaints there.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    dumas13 wrote: »
    On a toon that's at rank 9 of the Fed Admiralty campaign, I'm seeing 67,800 as the amount required to reach rank 10. I think I remember seeing this suddenly jump to 200,000/200,000 as soon as that bar filled on another toon, but I may be mistaken. If this isn't an error, 10K daily is a heck of a lot of campaign xp, especially when most missions give out a few hundred without the daily bonus. The rank 10 rewards aren't world-shattering and the system is a nice source of EC for grinding reps and the occasional V. Rare R&D materials.

It's much less of a time-gate than R&D, which is a maximum of 21K daily out of 630K (something like that) to reach rank 15 if you're just doing daily research and not grinding out items. Even if I'm wrong and it takes 200K campaign xp to reach rank 10, that's still the same length of time as a sponsored rep just running the daily project and I have no complaints there.

I think it's 67.8k to go from 9 to 10, and 200k total from 0->10. While I do know of a player who averaged 16.6k Campaign XP/day on his main character, that would be a character with ~100 Admiralty ships and a player who's on basically half the day. Most people flat out won't see this.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User

I think it's 67.8k to go from 9 to 10, and 200k total from 0->10. While I do know of a player who averaged 16.6k Campaign XP/day on his main character, that would be a character with ~100 Admiralty ships and a player who's on basically half the day. Most people flat out won't see this.

Commendation levels and R&D ranks keep a running count instead of "X to next level" and I just assumed Admiralty would be the same. You're probably right. Ship maintenance and player habits do make this academic for most players, especially since many people have each toon specialize in one type of ship and that rather limits their options in admiralty.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    KDF and Romulans also suffer from a lack of dedicated science ships, so science heavy assignments are the bane of their existance.

As to the DOff XP, they actually gave a reason to continue after maxing out those things by offering a trade in for more Fleet Marks. Admiralty doesn't have an option like that so I guess it makes sense that it just cuts off. The R&D XP... when you hit lv 20, running a research project does nothing but tie up a DOff for 20 hours.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    (This whole thread.)

lol.

We aim to please ^_^

<"I will be nice and not call peeps names!" aka mod was here & edited this post teensy bit. Really, keep it nice.>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    This thread overloads my nanoprobes.
    /Closed.
    PS: This thread did it better - Clicky-click
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.