test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AMD Crimson Edition Driver game compatibility survey

jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
Does the new AMD Crimson Edition driver work for you, or does it crash in the main loading screen.

AMD Crimson Edition Driver game compatibility survey 127 votes

I Use AMD Crimson Edition, and it crashes.
81%
remanmaster62trygvar13varganatharthurdcmatthewfelixdarin73kurumimorishitadlmc85cearavscarlingtunebreakerjivedutchadamkafeimaster01ayreon76#1360wraithshadow13templarshadetalnarstaraoax10captfabulous 104 votes
I Use AMD Crimson Edition, and it works.
9%
shandarilsalnaracretucidjackwakka69ward101#8752alleoermbuffer4gaevsprivsmanh29829282dd1mscoiexx#2284borg72#8115 12 votes
I Use AMD Crimson Edition Old Beta, and it works.
0%
I Use AMD Crimson Edition New Beta, and it works.
3%
jslatersmurilostrikerwolfehunterswesgunder1 4 votes
My AMD card is not supported by Crimson Edition, only by Catalyst 15.7.1 or older.
2%
reiklingraiderrjewkesstarmanj 3 votes
I do not have AMD Graphics
3%
afda456theraven2378imperatorpavelimariachighost#3982 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    I had to revert to the older 15.7.1 Catalyst to play Star Trek Online
  • Options
    nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User

I use it and I have to put the game with DX9 to work.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I can't even get passed the "New Dawn" load screen. It just crashes, with the "no longer working" popup.
  • Options
    matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Reverted to 15.7.1 to stop the crashing and be able to play STO.
  • Options
    I logged in with the safe mode and all that selected, and it actually let me in at bare minimum settings. Any adjustments (not saved settings, but just touching the setting) and the game immediately crashes back to desktop.

What gives?

Last year, the winter event killed being able to use AA at all, as well as, made it so I can't use my headphones to play at all (it crashes the game when I hit combat. ((not even joking on that)), and now this year, on top of those two issues, I can't even log in at all, and when I do manage, it has to be at the minimalist settings, otherwise it crashes back to desktop.

Considering both of last years issues seem alive and well, this kind of seems like it will be around as a permanent feature as well...

Yay...
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I can get the game to work in DX9 mode, but in DX11 it crashes on the loading screen.
  • Options
    machfive5machfive5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Inexcusable. Tired of STO hating AMD. The new Crimson drivers help me optimise several other games. Cancelling my sub after 4 years.
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Wel, i'been reporting for almos 2 years that STO has compatibility problems with AMD processors an GPU's, anyway, you need to disable the shader cache in the crimson control panel, it should work..
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Wel, i'been reporting for almos 2 years that STO has compatibility problems with AMD processors an GPU's, anyway, you need to disable the shader cache in the crimson control panel, it should work..

hmm i think this actually solved my loading screen crashes :D
  • Options
    wakka69wakka69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i got the game to run by changing DX11 to DX9
  • Options
    So... basically, the only way to play this game, is on the lowest settings now? Any time I try to adjust settings higher, or in most cases at all, the game instantly stops working. Considering how little they've fixed any of the other issues that were introduced with last years Winter event, I'm not really sure they're going to fix this.

Is any one else worried that they won't be fixing this any time soon?
  • Options
    I do not have AMD Graphics
    I don't have an AMD card but my good friend and raiding buddy does and he hasn't been able to play in like 2 weeks. This needs to be addressed. Their own website says they support ATI(AMD) cards so they need to keep to that.
  • Options
    mobiusjurassicmobiusjurassic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I've had more crashes this week since updating to the Crimson Driver than I have had in the months since I started playing again. I'm still tracking down the exact setting that triggers my GameClient.exe to fail. It makes me rethink both what my next graphics card will be as, well as the thought of becoming a Lifetime Subscriber to this game.

So far, every time I set Bloom Quality to High, the game instantly Crashes. No other setting seems to matter, but the instant I ask the Graphics setting to turn the Bloom Quality to High, the game dies. The game will play, even in DX11 mode, but dare to ask for High Bloom Quality, and GameClient.exe stops working.
  • Options
    So far, every time I set Bloom Quality to High, the game instantly Crashes. No other setting seems to matter, but the instant I ask the Graphics setting to turn the Bloom Quality to High, the game dies. The game will play, even in DX11 mode, but dare to ask for High Bloom Quality, and GameClient.exe stops working.

For me, any setting (visual) I change, the game instantly crashes. I'm not even hitting apply in some cases, just boom. Desktop.

Has anyone else been unable to use Anti-aliasing for the past year though? It started with the last winter event for me, but never fixed, so I'm hoping that it was an issue that more people were having. It seems like this game really hates AMD though, as those are the people having the most issues. I know the game's not doing as well as they'd like, so the team gets smaller, but when a portion of players are no longer able to play, or even use basic aspects of the game, you would think more would be done to fix it, or at least SOMEONE dev side would comment (since they check forums in off hours/are on holiday).

Champions still works fine, and I don't play Neverwinter, but damn, you'd think they would at least acknowledge those who can't even play.
  • Options
    eukroeukro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    nenfis wrote: »
    I use it and I have to put the game with DX9 to work.

This. Had to install Direct X 9 for windows 10 and run the game in min graphics mode. Which sucks.
  • Options
    mjaybirdmjaybird Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nothing I try makes the game work. I went back to the older driver and still crashes. How do I play if the game will not even load?
    Post edited by mjaybird on
  • Options
    oddloveoddlove Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is Crimson edition that new fancy AMD graphics control panel?

And nope... doesn't work. Launcher crashes when loading screen comes on.
  • Options
    macattack300macattack300 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    No, TRIBBLE reverting back to some old driver or crappy setting, if they can't keep up with the way drivers are advancing with other games, then why do they deserve our money? If there is a large population of people that can't play just because the video cards are different or the drivers or settings are too good then TRIBBLE them. Also, who knows of a problem for over a year (last years winter event debacle) and doesn't attempt to fix it? OR if they DID attempt to fix it and failed, they should probably get some employees that aren't staying in their parents basement to fix it. Forget these guys, I'm going to Star Wars.
  • Options
    neochontrix#2837 neochontrix Member Posts: 1 New User
    www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2707/?tab=1
    copy the DLL's to Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live (the folder where you find the GameClient.exe) and you can play STO with Direct3d 11 while having the Crimson Driver installed.

When you don't want to download these files you can also let Star Trek online run with Direct3d 9 or Direct3d 11 without Antialiasing, Bloom and some other Stuff
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Support told me it had nothing to do with AMD... they say it's because STO does not support WIndows 10. I tried safe mode, I tried reverting to an oldr version of the driver, and it still crashes at the New Dawn screen. Neverwinter and Champions Online work great with Windows 10... and the Crimson Edition. What really bothers me is that I've "invested" a lot of money to support the game and now I can't even play it.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2707/?tab=1
    copy the DLL's to Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live (the folder where you find the GameClient.exe) and you can play STO with Direct3d 11 while having the Crimson Driver installed.

When you don't want to download these files you can also let Star Trek online run with Direct3d 9 or Direct3d 11 without Antialiasing, Bloom and some other Stuff

Nope it doesn't work... sadly. Well I guess that's it for Star Trek online.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    salnaracretusalnaracretu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Using Crimson and it worked from day 1. I had some few crashes and some freezes when loading new locations. So I first deleted any and all AMD software from my machine to be sure there is nothing left from trhe old catalyst. Then I reinstalled crimson and created a profile for STO there (AA -> multisampling, for the other options caused faulty images) even Shader cache (optimized) and so on works and the game is running on DX11.
    “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

Join the GTribe MASSIVE UPRISING giveaway
  • Options
    So far, after going through the safe mode and all the other bs, I can get in the game, but the only way I can play is at the bare minimum settings still. I can't even adjust the sliders without it crashing. With the way things are going, I really doubt they're going to get this straightened out any time soon.

With how they run this game and it's store, I would rather just not play at all, than deal with playing at minimum settings only. It's bad enough that there are so many bugs and balance issues, but enough is enough.

They either need to get this stuff fixed, or just surrender the IP so some one else can make a Proper Star Trek MMO that doesn't revolve around genocide, greed, or unfinished additions.
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Well it was working fine until the server restart of 31/12, now I can get in game but only for 2-3 minutes at a time
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    archnebdararchnebdar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    yes as soon i have updated my driver the new atidxx32.dll crashes the game

Nazwa zdarzenia problemu: APPCRASH
    Nazwa aplikacji: GameClient.exe
    Wersja aplikacji: 0.0.0.0
    Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 56731e7a
    Nazwa modułu z błędem: atidxx32.dll
    Wersja modułu z błędem: 8.17.10.644
    Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 5661c405
    Kod wyjątku: c0000005
    Przesunięcie wyjątku: 00049b9d
    Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych: 1045
    Dodatkowe informacje 1: 0a9e
    Dodatkowe informacje 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Dodatkowe informacje 3: 0a9e
    Dodatkowe informacje 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  • Options
    crysystemscrysystems Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    The server restart has completely screwed my install up (been playing since Beta) not to mention the patch gets to 46% and then stops and starts allover again (chewing through 14gb of data evey time) havn't been able to play for over 2 weeks. It was running fine on Windows 10 with my old AMD5740 nut now......
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Using Crimson and it worked from day 1. I had some few crashes and some freezes when loading new locations. So I first deleted any and all AMD software from my machine to be sure there is nothing left from trhe old catalyst. Then I reinstalled crimson and created a profile for STO there (AA -> multisampling, for the other options caused faulty images) even Shader cache (optimized) and so on works and the game is running on DX11.

I tried that but it's still not working. WIth safe mode I manage to get into the game for a few minutes (using DX9). DX11 keeps crashing. However the moment I try zoning to a different map the game freezes. My screen turns black and all I can see is the taskbar. Task Manager is unable to kill STO and I am forced to reboot. No fun playing at all. I have to different DX9 available however, DX9 and DX9e. Not sure which one to use but both crash anaway...

The most annoying part however is that Cryptic does not acknowledge the problem. Not even a single word from a dev saying that they're looking into it.

Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    howlfmanhowlfman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    TOO PEOPLE HAVING AMD CRIMSON CRASH.. OPEN STO LAUNCHER (not arc) GO TO LAUNCHER OTIONS AND IN THE COMMAND LINE TYPE "-d3d9" (without quotes) this worked perfect for me
    Hope it helps, if it does pass the info on...
  • Options
    spotter5spotter5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Had this issue when the crimson update came out and rolled back to my old drivers. A whle back I had an email from AMD sating a newer version of crimson was availible, has that version fixed the problems or not?
  • Options
    spotter5 wrote: »
    Had this issue when the crimson update came out and rolled back to my old drivers. A whle back I had an email from AMD sating a newer version of crimson was availible, has that version fixed the problems or not?
    Nope, just tried, and it's still a no go. Funny enough, the slider for CPU graphics can be moved without crashing, but the Video card slider still crashes the game just touching it.