test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea: Buying Dilithium with EC

13»

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Well.. Ec for Dill Upgrade Vouchers or Dill Reputation Vouchers would actually be a few of the nicest things in there. and hey.. you could Easly do it all if they put em in vendors.. you buy Voucher dill for X ec per voucher for specific thing.

there have been many suggestions of this nature in the past usually as a way to bypass the 8k refinement issue such as allowing players to fill rep projects with unrefined dil, buying fleet vouchers with unrefined dil or even opting to have anything over the 8k limit earned each day paid as fleet vouchers.

lets put that one to bed now, it aint hapnin, dil vouchers were a one time reward for the delta event never to be used for anything else, anything that interferes with the quantity of usable dilithium coming into and out of the system on a regular basis is a big no no.

despite the fact that it appears harmless it would devastate the sto economy in no time flat as would anything that has been suggested in this entire thread.

I believe you are a tad confused, on what dilithium vouchers are used for!!!

They are used for rich dilithium mining, and come primarily from lockboxes.

it is you who are confused, the things you speak of that are used for rich dilithium mining are 'mining claims' as explained here >
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dilithium_Mining_Claim

dilithium vouchers were used during the delta recruit event for awarding dilithium that did not require refining and could be donated to fleet & reputation projects.

see the page here > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards
    and take particular note of this part that explains the use of dilithium vouchers.

quote:-
    "Q: What are “Fleet-Only Dilithium” and “Reputation-Only Dilithium”?

A: These are special Vouchers that fulfill the same purpose as existing Dilithium, but can only be used to fulfill Project requirements for the respective features, either Fleets or Reputations. These Dilithium Vouchers does not need to be refined, and cannot be traded for Zen. Projects that require Dilithium will deduct from the appropriate Voucher pool before deducting from your Refined Dilithium."

if you read the OP`s comment you will see this is what they are referring to.

It's the way you worded it, there is a huge difference between fleet dilithium voucher, and simply a dilithium voucher!!!

Neither will be made available for sale, you can bet on this!

there is no difference at all fleet dilithium voucher, reputation dilithium voucher or just dilithium voucher all refer to similar things a voucher for dilithium that does not require refining and can be spent on the thing they are aimed at.
    even in the quote that I showed from the delta event web page you can see that these things are collectively known as dilithium vouchers in the part that says "These Dilithium Vouchers does not need to be refined, and cannot be traded for Zen."

mining claims or dilithium mining claims are used for mining rich dilithium veins at the asteroid mining field.

I cannot see how you can confuse one with the other, mining claims have never been referred to in the game as dilithium vouchers or anywhere else that i am aware of and if you read the other posters comment like I suggested you would clearly see that dilithium mining claims are not what is being discussed.

there was nothing wrong with my wording it was just you who was wrong in how you misinterpreted what you were reading.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/voucher?s=t

Look in the noun section related to debt, you will find the word claim, so it's not hard to see how either term, can be confused for the other!!!

we are talking about the use of the term dilithium vouchers in star trek online here not use of vouchers in general terminology and I think you know that fully well, your beginning to make yourself look like a fool carrying on in this way and grasping at straws to explain away your obvious error, everyone who plays the game and pays attention to what is happening in the game knows the difference between mining claims and dilithium vouchers.

I suggest you go back to your thesaurus and search "dilithium vouchers" and see how far you get.
    or better still just go on google and search for "dilithium vouchers"

then get your head out of your @rse and start paying attention.

Anyone can mistake the use of voucher and a claim as one or the other, but you come off like some arrogant pos by telling me to pay attention, to garbage terminology I really could care less about.

So go suck on something sour, because that's how you come off with your last response, you arrogant @ss!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well.. Ec for Dill Upgrade Vouchers or Dill Reputation Vouchers would actually be a few of the nicest things in there. and hey.. you could Easly do it all if they put em in vendors.. you buy Voucher dill for X ec per voucher for specific thing.

there have been many suggestions of this nature in the past usually as a way to bypass the 8k refinement issue such as allowing players to fill rep projects with unrefined dil, buying fleet vouchers with unrefined dil or even opting to have anything over the 8k limit earned each day paid as fleet vouchers.

lets put that one to bed now, it aint hapnin, dil vouchers were a one time reward for the delta event never to be used for anything else, anything that interferes with the quantity of usable dilithium coming into and out of the system on a regular basis is a big no no.

despite the fact that it appears harmless it would devastate the sto economy in no time flat as would anything that has been suggested in this entire thread.

it is you who are confused, the things you speak of that are used for rich dilithium mining are 'mining claims' as explained here >

dilithium vouchers were used during the delta recruit event for awarding dilithium that did not require refining and could be donated to fleet & reputation projects.

see the page here > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards
    and take particular note of this part that explains the use of dilithium vouchers.

A: These are special Vouchers that fulfill the same purpose as existing Dilithium, but can only be used to fulfill Project requirements for the respective features, either Fleets or Reputations. These Dilithium Vouchers does not need to be refined, and cannot be traded for Zen. Projects that require Dilithium will deduct from the appropriate Voucher pool before deducting from your Refined Dilithium."

It's the way you worded it, there is a huge difference between fleet dilithium voucher, and simply a dilithium voucher!!!

there is no difference at all fleet dilithium voucher, reputation dilithium voucher or just dilithium voucher all refer to similar things a voucher for dilithium that does not require refining and can be spent on the thing they are aimed at.
    even in the quote that I showed from the delta event web page you can see that these things are collectively known as dilithium vouchers in the part that says "These Dilithium Vouchers does not need to be refined, and cannot be traded for Zen."

mining claims or dilithium mining claims are used for mining rich dilithium veins at the asteroid mining field.

I cannot see how you can confuse one with the other, mining claims have never been referred to in the game as dilithium vouchers or anywhere else that i am aware of and if you read the other posters comment like I suggested you would clearly see that dilithium mining claims are not what is being discussed.

there was nothing wrong with my wording it was just you who was wrong in how you misinterpreted what you were reading.

Look in the noun section related to debt, you will find the word claim, so it's not hard to see how either term, can be confused for the other!!!

we are talking about the use of the term dilithium vouchers in star trek online here not use of vouchers in general terminology and I think you know that fully well, your beginning to make yourself look like a fool carrying on in this way and grasping at straws to explain away your obvious error, everyone who plays the game and pays attention to what is happening in the game knows the difference between mining claims and dilithium vouchers.

I suggest you go back to your thesaurus and search "dilithium vouchers" and see how far you get.

Anyone can mistake the use of voucher and a claim as one or the other, but you come off like some arrogant pos by telling me to pay attention, to garbage terminology I really could care less about.

So go suck on something sour, because that's how you come off with your last response, you arrogant @ss!!!

despite your voucher oops I mean claim, not anyone, only you my friend only you. lol
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

despite your voucher oops I mean claim, not anyone, only you my friend only you. lol

Ok Mr. Denial as to the actual meaning of claim and voucher being 1 in the same, despite already pointing out the difference between the use of the terms in game, some many post ago while still remaining a complete an utter @ss at the same time!!!

But you go on believing the actual English language is incorrect, and have a wonderful moronic holiday!!!

edited December 2015

Ok Mr. Denial as to the actual meaning of claim and voucher being 1 in the same, despite already pointing out the difference between the use of the terms in game, some many post ago while still remaining a complete an utter @ss at the same time!!!

But you go on believing the actual English language is incorrect, and have a wonderful moronic holiday!!!

I think if I was wrong about something I would at least have the honour to suck it up and be man enough to admit my mistake and apologise instead of trying to lay blame on another or by hiding behind vague connections that have no relevance to the matter or subject that was being discussed in the first place.

apparently you have no such honour and would rather try to deflect the blame on another with the poor excuse that this person has no understanding of the subject matter or the English language in general.

expect a lump of coal in your stocking this Christmas.

I think if I was wrong about something I would at least have the honour to suck it up and be man enough to admit my mistake and apologise instead of trying to lay blame on another or by hiding behind vague connections that have no relevance to the matter or subject that was being discussed in the first place.

apparently you have no such honour and would rather try to deflect the blame on another with the poor excuse that this person has no understanding of the subject matter or the English language in general.

expect a lump of coal in your stocking this Christmas.

Now you come off as an idiot, your honour means diddly to anyone but yourself, you actually didn't admit you were inccorect in the assumption that a claim and a voucher by definition, are actually 1 in the same despite how the game uses it, so guessing your Engrish is rusty huh!!!!

Saying I am deflecting the blame elsewhere, who is blaming anyone? The only thing I said was a voucher and a claim, is actually the same according to the English language d-uh!

Now, the only thing I can blame you for, is being an obstinate troll, that can only troll beyond their original useful post, to constantly defend their butt hurt by providing hurtful responses themself!

There is no man from this user, only a butt hurt troll since your initial response!

I have nothing more to say, I am sure anyone who reads this will have a very clear idea of who is coming off as an idiot here without any more input from me.

I have nothing more to say, I am sure anyone who reads this will have a very clear idea of who is coming off as an idiot here without any more input from me.

Right here buddy, this is your butt hurt!

smiley-violent105.gif

• kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User

Right here buddy, this is your butt hurt!

smiley-violent105.gif

This is why we can't have nice things. :wink:
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    No fighting in the war room.