test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rom Choices...

Not sure if this goes here, but I think people play ROM characters should have the option of not joining the FED or KDF they should have the option to not join either and just stay as a Romulan Republic captain. Three choices is what I mean like they ask you which faction you want to join on behalf of the RR, but there should be a third option to just stay with the RR.

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    snova1987 wrote: »
    Not sure if this goes here, but I think people play ROM characters should have the option of not joining the FED or KDF they should have the option to not join either and just stay as a Romulan Republic captain. Three choices is what I mean like they ask you which faction you want to join on behalf of the RR, but there should be a third option to just stay with the RR.

it has been asked for and the answer is, it can't be done the game it built on the assumption your either red or blue.

and before you say it there is no just with programing.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    This has been asked for since Legacy of Romulus a few years ago. (When playable Romulans was introduced.) It hasn't happened yet, so it likely won't ever happen.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Would sort of be nice. But all I really want are lore and a security guy at new rom command.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    As nice as that would be, sadly it is not an option.

My Romulan always chose answers that sided Sela when they came up. So as far as I am concerned, my Rommie is part of the Empire, just infiltrating the Federation as a spy. Which is also why her Primary Specialization is Intel.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    Would be more than programming...they'd have to flesh out the Republic's story...so people can level...Cryptic had made it clear they intend for all 3 factions to follow the same story line so less to develop.

The only time(s) I think we'll ever see truly unique story missions anymore will be if they make new factions in the future...
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I think you'd have a Republic playerbase that'd be thrilled with being disconnected from the Feds or KDF, but I understand why it can't be done now. So very much of the game is hooked up to being either Federation or Klingon Empire, and inserting the third option in every little bit of the game would be a huge undertaking. Mind you, I don't understand why they didn't have the Republic as separate in the first place, but by now it's probably prohibitively hard to do. I also can't imagine what kind of breakage would happen to our current Rebuplic toons if they tried...

Either way, it should've been that way, but it isn't. Best we can continue to call for is having Republic-centric options, like mission and NPC contacts, dialogue and outcome options in the joint storyline missions, adequate facilities like our own academy and security officer, and so on. It's all been asked for, and the Devs have most definitely seen it. All that's to be done now is wait for any of it to actually happen.

Although I'll note that they've done a much better job recently with including Republic NPCs and adding small references to the player being Republic in the missions. And for the most part, new releases of ships are coming out more-or-less equally between the factions, and in many cases the general playerbase gives the winner's gold star to the Republic option. So there's progress :smile:
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    It's already done...

You don't join the federation or the KDF... You simply make an agreement for them to support you...

There... Problem solved.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This is the best thing to hear, new members requesting what we also have been for years: Independent Factions, and specifically Romulan Independence.

It is a RP game, and such things do matter. Even Dev posts acknowledged the RP elements of the game, which I have no doubt contribute to retraining/attracting players (metrics) and in-game purchases.

If there was gameplay expansion such as a balanced or classed PvP, PvE mixed with PvP (2 vs 2 plus mission objectives and NPCs, capture the flag, team deathmatch, semi-permanent territory control), players would have a lot of fun among themselves without having to constantly come up with new gameplay aspects (maps, bridges, characters, voice acting, spec trees, weapon types) followed by repeating the same content to the point of feeling like a grind. One could also introduce (regulated, so it isn't pay to win) dilithium dumps into such PvP/E gameplay by making it reward large amounts on the winning team and so actually worthwhile to support map holdings with dilithium. 3 Factions would serve well into such a system since the outcome would always be less predictable.

Why it hasn't happened I don't know. It would revitalize this game, and judging by how more empty it seems every passing day, it is in dire need of it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • snova1987snova1987 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Something like this is what I wanted to happen when they introduced ROM characters, but hopefully someone associated with STO sees this and helps to implement at least some of what people want. Ships are another thing though why not just have the players build their own ships they could make money with micro transactions by selling parts for the ship that aren't just the basic parts of the ship or just have all parts for the ships be free and charge for a "freeform" ship.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I just hate how my rank is that of a FED officer...I'm romulan!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I just hate how my rank is that of a FED officer...I'm romulan!

Except for the ranks in between LT and captain, Romulans basically used a standard rank structure in the show.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1