What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 11 - Mac Login Issue

Comments

• Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    Since there is a quality-bar:
    I tried using the mac client on a clean-install (of both the OS and the game) under 10.11.1 and under my old 10.10.5 client. I can now log in .
    • it took about 3 map changes until CTD. Didn't even try to play any missions, the graphics on the clean-install seem significantly worse then what i had before S11, but i haven't been able to fiddle with the settings yet.
    • The lightning settings still don't work properly on either system, and have to be reset constantly. To reproduce, just tab out of the game and back in.
    • I had to force-quit 4 times, followed by a relog in the OS to get my windows management back. 2 times I could exist the game properly.
    • The character selection screen on the clean install shows a different costume to my space barbie, then the one she wears in game. It's a kdf toon, and her costume slots have all been broken since like S7 or so despite multiple mention in the pathcnotes of related "fixes". I have the feeling that Crashes happen more frequently on this toon, but i m surprised that the mismatch happens on a complete fresh-install.
  • Options
    g0mjabbarg0mjabbar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I played for quite a few hours yesterday with no problems. Here is my set up in case it helps:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

But obviously some people are still having problems. And they know that per the patch notes so here's hoping for a quick resolution.
  • Options
    nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I got on just in time for the server going down last night (last night my time anyway) lol
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I've been playing since yesterday without any crashes. I'm on low graphics because of my mbp. The only problem I am having is poor internet connection on my side.
  • Options
    groselicaingroselicain Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    So now what? Two weeks after the fact, I'm in and I've missed out on everything offered to Windows players. Any chance at restitution? I'd like to believe my lifetime subscription amounts to at least a little something at this point.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2015
    So now what? Two weeks after the fact, I'm in and I've missed out on everything offered to Windows players. Any chance at restitution? I'd like to believe my lifetime subscription amounts to at least a little something at this point.

Oh my... I bet TRENDY & YETWEALLFALLDOWN are happy to see that even a Ferrengi might be adopting a new PICARDIAN.

PICARDIAN: (OXFORD): (1) An observation used by the fictional character in the Star Trek: The Next Generation franchise, who learn's under the watchful eye & guidance of Q (The Trial never ends) | pointing out the lesson's learned in Star Trek Creator Gene Roddenberry's future vision for HUMANITY.

A Ferengi looking for a FREE handout that HE can't just turn around and RESELL? -=Blush=- Maybe there is HOPE for our world today, if a Ferengi of the future can see we all sometimes need a little help--even a Ferengi. A Ferengi's heart is warming? Perhaps in a century (baby steps) PROFIT won't be the *ONLY* thing even a Ferengi cares about.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    For me, sometimes it works the entire time, other times it dosent go past the three minute mark. So that sucks. Of course if you go to sol system or ESD you are guarenteed to crash (WARNING, if you do, leave ASAP, the game will crash, and if it does, you have to log on, and leave and go to sector). So cryptic, focus on the 3 minute problem, because the ESD one has been there forever, also there is an issue for when you minimise the program, it crashed the second you reopen it.
  • Options
    tehindostehindos Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I just want to play properly :(
  • Options
    ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    I've also been able to login and play without any problems. I did a few red alerts and then played the feature episode "Sunrise" and so far everything seems to be working as before the S11 patch. I have the same basic setup as others (OS X El Capitan on a MBP).
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    For me, sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes.

I've crashed two or three times during the Mirror Invasion queue... and I'll also just crash or freeze in random places.

While I can get some things done, sure, I'm hopeful they'll further tweak it for the better. Post haste! :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    nyarka123nyarka123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    It works! A few hours without a crash!

Now where is my Ar'Kif Retrofit?
    Mac user.
    Captain: ISS Terror (Mirror Guardian)

tumblr_static_tumblr_lutla7afj51qd6v0do1_500.gif
  • Options
    archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I think it's been a bit more crashy for me, though my main issue was the lack of backup when my kid and I emerged from The Vault... (Two shuttles took out a cruiser, yay! ...can't go on without talking to our non-existant backup, boo. Edit: Ah, good, this issue is being addressed on Tribble. Excellent!)

Anyway: definitely unstable when zoning into high-volume social ground-zones. (It's been that way since summer and the Risa patch; I haven't dared pin the emotes window since then, either, because doing so would make it crash pretty regularly, e.g., 15-60 minutes after a Dance session.) Sometimes unstable in sector space. Sometimes unstable during missions. Sometimes unstable when just standing around a social ground-zone (e.g., Romulus Control Center, ESD, Starfleet Academy, etc.).

So I hope that there's still some quality control being worked on, though I am very glad to be back on.
  • Options
    twiistedreasontwiistedreason Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    So far i haven't been able to play for little more than five minutes. To be honest, just giving up now until i see a tweet or post that the mac game has been fully stabilised. I have spent far too much of my life staring a the cryptic loading screen repetitively lately.

One question though, as we know, games have bugs, and these are categorised in to levels of importance, including the grade of 'Known Shippable'. where a bug is there, but the age works ok, and it can't be fixed at a later date. Bugs like overpowered beams, or higher xp rewards than should be.

My question then:
    How does 'Not being able to play the dam game' count as a Known Shippable bug?
    Q5UKMml.jpg
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The one place I'm seeing a lot of crashes is when loading into the Delta Quadrant. Crashes on other maps happen, but less often than before S11 (like once a day or less). Crashes when loading the Delta Quadrant happen more often than not.
  • Options
    bwbriscoebwbriscoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Are we coming up to two weeks now without a fix? As a fairly new user I have to say I'm really disappointed. I can not play for more than a minute.

Is this issue definitely being looked into and does anyone know when a fix is due?
  • Options
    razorblade#3490 razorblade Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It won't let me change my space skill for my officer from ensign to lieutenant commander or add more space skill slots I only have one person who has two and there are two engineers but I need better weapons and science too when i fight and it won't let me change them to get better stuff and the default stays the same even when i switch them. Plus to make matters worse i got promoted to commander went to get a new ship, the game froze and i never got the ship and i lost my free get a ship card from the admiral so now im out gunned, out skilled(the officer thing), and don't have a clue how to fix these problems and if you could answer them that would be grateful and if i can get my third ship too
    Captain Stephen Harms
    U.S.S Enterprise(in game U.S.S EnterpriseXXIII)
  • Options
    It won't let me change my space skill for my officer from ensign to lieutenant commander or add more space skill slots I only have one person who has two and there are two engineers but I need better weapons and science too when i fight and it won't let me change them to get better stuff and the default stays the same even when i switch them. Plus to make matters worse i got promoted to commander went to get a new ship, the game froze and i never got the ship and i lost my free get a ship card from the admiral so now im out gunned, out skilled(the officer thing), and don't have a clue how to fix these problems and if you could answer them that would be grateful and if i can get my third ship too
    Just made captain and tried to get the exploration cruiser but when i clicked buy it didn't do anything except take my token and not give me my ship again this is a horrible glitch on you arc and tomorrow your gonna hear from me on your help line
    Captain Stephen Harms
  • Options
    groselicaingroselicain Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

Oh my... I bet TRENDY & YETWEALLFALLDOWN are happy to see that even a Ferrengi might be adopting a new PICARDIAN.

PICARDIAN: (OXFORD): (1) An observation used by the fictional character in the Star Trek: The Next Generation franchise, who learn's under the watchful eye & guidance of Q (The Trial never ends) | pointing out the lesson's learned in Star Trek Creator Gene Roddenberry's future vision for HUMANITY.

A Ferengi looking for a FREE handout that HE can't just turn around and RESELL? -=Blush=- Maybe there is HOPE for our world today, if a Ferengi of the future can see we all sometimes need a little help--even a Ferengi. A Ferengi's heart is warming? Perhaps in a century (baby steps) PROFIT won't be the *ONLY* thing even a Ferengi cares about.

Wait... what?
  • Options
    nyarka123nyarka123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Just made captain and tried to get the exploration cruiser but when i clicked buy it didn't do anything except take my token and not give me my ship again this is a horrible glitch on you arc and tomorrow your gonna hear from me on your help line

The ship is in your inventory, or your overflow bag if your inventory's filled.
    Mac user.
    Captain: ISS Terror (Mirror Guardian)

tumblr_static_tumblr_lutla7afj51qd6v0do1_500.gif
  • Options
    nyarka123 wrote: »

The ship is in your inventory, or your overflow bag if your inventory's filled.

are you sure i didn't see them in inventory when i sold stuff and whats an overflow bag
    Captain Stephen Harms
  • Options
    aaaictaaaict Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Just received this reply from support over potential compensation regarding the missed giveaways .

"I understand that you have been unable to collect the free rewards last week.

As the Mac log-ins are currently investigated and our development team are working on a fix. As for the free items, we will not be able to have them added. Please do wait for another promotion in-game."

That is UNACCEPTABLE for mac users who missed a giveaway THROUGH NO FAULT of their own. That is completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    aaaict wrote: »
    Just received this reply from support over potential compensation regarding the missed giveaways .

As the Mac log-ins are currently investigated and our development team are working on a fix. As for the free items, we will not be able to have them added. Please do wait for another promotion in-game."

That is UNACCEPTABLE for mac users who missed a giveaway THROUGH NO FAULT of their own. That is completely ridiculous.

actually they can't because they can't determine who is a pc or mac user and who already has the free items that would be ripping off mac users either way cause pc will have one or double while mac only has zero or one so it kinda is both faults one for using mac and one for having their game TRIBBLE up on mac. What they can do is say their sorry and add more dlc and new gameplay like being able to command a ship and their friends can be the officers like if your in a clan it would make the story more interesting and you could walk in the ship like you were actually exploring maybe even add first person instead of third so its actually like your on the ship. There are so many ideas that i can come up with to make this game more enjoyable to the creators who get to test it and enjoy their and the gamers who get to play it. So ARC if you want some insight into new game ideas to make STO a better game and take it into the next-generation (pun) your going to need me and other gamers help to figure out what people like us want in a game. STO could one day be the best computer game better than World of Warcraft or Minecraft. Let me know if you want ideas ARC i'd be happy to help make STO greater because Star Trek is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Captain Stephen Harms
  • Options

Yeah, your first mistake was going through support. And I don't just mean that as a snarky bash against Perfect World CS.

Trendy and the dev with the really long name are both aware of the missed promotions. I'm sure that, if they can find a way to do it (a redeemable code, for example, that will grant the ships and the ships alone... useless to those that already have them)... they'll get it done.

Support is not the people who make that decision, nor are they likely to hear about a decision first.

Bottom line: be patient.
  • Options
    I would also love an update on the status of the fix. I was crashing a lot yesterday... froze/crash while on Nimbus, right before I turned in a mission. :unamused:
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    mhall85 wrote: »

Yeah, your first mistake was going through support. And I don't just mean that as a snarky bash against Perfect World CS.

Trendy and the dev with the really long name are both aware of the missed promotions. I'm sure that, if they can find a way to do it (a redeemable code, for example, that will grant the ships and the ships alone... useless to those that already have them)... they'll get it done.

Support is not the people who make that decision, nor are they likely to hear about a decision first.

Bottom line: be patient.

Everything he said... +1701

Also @aaaict ... posting private correspondence between PWE and yourself is against the forums Rules... Just an FYI from another player.
  • Options
    lumineon457lumineon457 Member Posts: 15 Arc User

529281_200x130.png?v=1410689106.0

If I may cite the following:

latest?cb=20130329201537
    We are also aware that not logging in prevented players from receiving the launch promotion. Our team is discussing what we can potentially do about that as well.

Clearly, Arc intended to do something about this!

Phoenix_Desk_Slam.gif
  • Options
    szieitiacszieitiac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Will we be compensated for this login issue?
  • Options
    eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I don't think there's really a problem with PC users getting the promotions twice, since they're account-wide store unlocks. The simplest solution might be simply to unlock them again for a week after the final fix goes in. It's a reasonable amount of time for Mac users who missed the promotion due to the login issue to be able to get the giveaways, while most Windows users will already have unlocked it. If some people get an unlock they would have missed for reasons other than being able to log in, well, who cares? That's a small price to pay for helping to make things right with all Mac users.
  • Options
    jodyhammerhandjodyhammerhand Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    eighrichte wrote: »
    I don't think there's really a problem with PC users getting the promotions twice, since they're account-wide store unlocks. The simplest solution might be simply to unlock them again for a week after the final fix goes in. It's a reasonable amount of time for Mac users who missed the promotion due to the login issue to be able to get the giveaways, while most Windows users will already have unlocked it. If some people get an unlock they would have missed for reasons other than being able to log in, well, who cares? That's a small price to pay for helping to make things right with all Mac users.

I support this in its entirety as I see it as being an equitable solution for all involved. For those who already have it, they aren't losing out on anything. For those Mac client users (like myself), this is the opportunity to grab that ship(s) that we might have had our eye on. Based on the store prices and what you can buy zen for on the Web site, Mac client users lost out on approximately 7200 zen or $72 worth of giveaways between the three T5 ships and the Enterprise era bundle. I know in an earlier post I said I'm a f2p player, but I also said I've put some of my own money into the game so I feel I have franchise to speak on the subject, and this loss kinda stings. I don't mind financially supporting a game I like and I appreciate that during the outage the developers worked at it and responded to the community when it was appropriate. It makes me more receptive to continue financially supporting it in the future because it seemed like they were interested in keeping me in the game. As a gamer, I like that. But at the same time, some seemingly tone deaf responses make me second guess that thought process. I just hope the response is better than a Mac client users should just be happy that the client is fixed and was fixed as fast as it was and you're just going to have to wait until the next time we never give something like that away, which is why I see the above noted solution making so much sense and think it should be given serious consideration.

This is an opportunity to turn a moment into a memory, and I believe this is the most amenable way to address Mac users and let them know their continued participation in the game is valued and their business is welcomed.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    eighrichte wrote: »

Eighrichte with Q all things are possible.
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.