test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashes since NEW DAWN Patch

lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
Hi, since today after the patch my game crashed more than the last 5 years. Sometimes i get an D3D error but most of the time it simply freezes. The problem happens wih DX9, ex and DX11 and it looks like it has something to do with lightning. Badlands instantly crashes the game, so does the lightning on the bridge in the new episode.
Also everything is very dark...gamma settings are messed up. ATM the game crashed at the char selection screen...this never happend before...never.
And just to let you know: Windows 10, 16GB Ram with a GEFORCE 660, Driver Version 358.50. nothing overclocked, everything watercooled.

Latest Crash Report Number: UNKNOWN xD. So please let me know what changed in the graphics department...

Comments

• Options
    zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Something had to change, I'm getting constant d3d errors even after t safemode, -d3d9 in the command section, setting direct3d9 in the gameprefs file, setting isdirectx11denabled to 0 in the gameprefs file, and recreating the gameprefs. I am downloading the game again but looks like it will be an all night thing. Glad I installed it on my work computer but could only run in 800x600 resolution to get the ships. My home PC is admittedly very old and my video card ix an old x1300 Radeon.
    Post edited by zorander6 on
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I got a single D3D error today. That combined with the map transition freeze bug is making playing this game an exercise in patience.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    (d3derr_invalidcall) while creating pixel shader , x1400 same problem
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    My ticket number is 49174747. Still happening after completely re-installing the game. Now it's time for bed and I may go back to DDO for a while. Was taking a break there.

Last ditch effort in compatibility mode and no dice. I'm done for the night. Instead of playing for 3 hours I've been fighting this for 3 hours. I'm done for now.
  • Options
    lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    UPDATE: I rolled 3 generations of drivers back, Geforce version 355.60. Now everything is fine again...all variants of DX work again...no hangs or crashes. I found out that the newest driver AND the Patch cause a driver crash, wich is als noted in the windows system eventlog. so i tried rolling back. I'll monitor the situation cause i would like my drivers updated...
  • Options
    Glad yours is working. The video card for my system hasn't had a driver update in almost 5 years now. I might see if I can find an older version of the driver but it's pretty old. Either that or I'll buy a new video card today and try it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The evil error popped again. Just can't really make a bug report in the new bug reporting section since I can't really replicate it.
    14ul103.jpg

Add insult to injury, the error handler failed.
  • Options
    zax981zax981 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have no audio and since new dawn,cryptic application is crashing,cryptic error, error ticked id unknown
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I got a single D3D error today. That combined with the map transition freeze bug is making playing this game an exercise in patience.

Same problem here. For some reason map transition freeze bug got much worse.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Got the D3D error again.

Ticket ID 49174644

Edit:

And again.