What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Freezing During Map Transfer---Again

2»

Comments

• Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    unfortunely the map transfer crash is still hapenning.it hit while doing a foundry mission earlier.once in the last three hours of play is better than it was,I guess.
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Having this problem as well.
  • Options
    steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Also getting an increased number of CTD rather than freezes,mine alway happens more during events from Risa to MI.Wonder how bad the internet will be during "Black Friday", all the massive discount sales in the USA and Europe.
  • Options
    lanbanditlanbandit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Since season 10 I have been seeing a significant increase in the frequency of STO freezing, or the game simply dropping to Windows desktop with Cryptic Error Handler popping up about half the time, or Microsoft searching for solution the other half. I have forced file verify several times and start in safe mode. I have tried running windowed versus full screen. I have upgraded my OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Happens almost every PVE, just before rewards are granted, unless it is a fresh restart of the game. Most frequent when map transferring to/from ESD and DS9. My fleet mates report the same. If I disable voice chat and do not team up, the frequency is reduced, but will still happen. I have detailed what I was doing, when, and where in countless Cryptic Error Handler dialogue boxes that appear after the incidents, but this is going on now for a year or so, and seems to get worse with every shard maintenance.

Is any relief in sight?
  • Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    it did it again today to me while trying to do a PVE mission [colony invasion].how can I collect fleet marks while this #$%^& continues?
  • Options
    dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    this is still going on, can't even play the game beacuse of this.
    it's high time this is fixed, it's game breaking.
  • Options
    this is still happening , and it happens every time i play, did anyone else is encountering this?
    maybe it's time to stop playing sto for a while, the devs obviously don't give a damn about this game.
    this is a game breaking bug that's been going on what, for months now?
  • Options
    eukroeukro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is pretty disheartening. This game feels like it has 3 load screens for every piece of content, and yet for a lot of us, the game will freeze up and need to be closed and restarted 5/10 times at any load screen. We all completely expect to have to restart the game any time we have to load into a new area. It's ugly and awful.
  • Options
    couldn't agree more with what you said. this is why i stopped playing sto now, i'll wait until next patch and try it then if the problem persists i'll wait again until next patch to try sto again. i refuse to play any more a game that i can't even play more than 30 minutes straight now.
  • Options
    xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    From last fix is little better but still sometimes occurrs - after few hrs of play.
  • Options
    shadowman2o14shadowman2o14 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I can't even get through 2 transfers without it freezing now. Never had this issue before.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Same here, seems to come and go for me but always the worst at DS9 with ESD coming in 2nd.
    fletch57 wrote: »
    FYI,I have for awhile thought Arc was causing most of my lagging/map transfer problems and with arc chat corrupt,last night I uninstalled arc and now the game is running better. who knew? so,if you have arc you may want to boot it.

I've been thinking at too. Thanks for reminding me.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    jadicusjadicus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    currently encountering this issue for the first time when trying to in and out of the qonos system
  • Options
    shadowman2o14shadowman2o14 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Same here, seems to come and go for me but always the worst at DS9 with ESD coming in 2nd.
    FYI,I have for awhile thought Arc was causing most of my lagging/map transfer problems and with arc chat corrupt,last night I uninstalled arc and now the game is running better. who knew? so,if you have arc you may want to boot it.

Well I can tell all of you it's not ARC. I have been running STO via Steam forever and this issue just started happening for me.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    tarran61 wrote: »

Well I can tell all of you it's not ARC. I have been running STO via Steam forever and this issue just started happening for me.
    Glad I came back and checked this tread. Hope its addressed real soon. Comes and goes but when it comes 3-5 minutes feels like 5-10. Getting it on all my toons tonight at DS9..
    Post edited by tarran61 on
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    sxsyewsxsyew Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This bug is so annoying.
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I am also having this problem, someone mentioned a bug thread, can someone post a link to it in this thread?
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    I am also having this problem, someone mentioned a bug thread, can someone post a link to it in this thread?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    nervehammer1004nervehammer1004 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Yes! Mine has started freezing between map transfers again. This just started a couple of weeks ago. It generally happens after 3-4 map transfers and then it will freeze.
  • Options
    bababooey69bababooey69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same prob with the freezing and the non responsiveness...just came back to sto too...such a shame
  • Options
    sweezely#1206 sweezely Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    In the options, turn on "reduced file streaming". That fixed it for me.
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Start the game in safe mode, let it check the files as well. I sometimes get the same issue after patch, but safe mode usually fixes it.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    sxsyewsxsyew Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Try this:
    Option/Advanced/Reduced File Streaming
    I turned this option ON.
    I have no freezing during map transfer now.
  • Options
    feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Realizing that this is isolated to a specific character, I logged into an alt, then set DirectX in Options under "Display" tab to DX9ex. I immediately exited the game and restarted. If you don't exit and get a crash, the setting does not save.

When I returned and logged in with the problem toon, it worked.
    Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.