Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Price Reduction

Comments

• Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    [quote="questerius;12753047"
    So roughly from 10-150 Zen at current exchange rate​​[/quote]

Yeah, and you'll likely only want to get a couple of the lower rank ships to fill out your roster for those "coffee and cake" runs that you don't want to send one of your T5/T6 ships on. If you don't already have a few reclaimable ones around from giveaways or hung onto a couple of your levelling ships.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    That´s basically the only issue I have with the new system. If only science ships weren´t so bad and would sell more.....

• Options
    syniansynian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    This is of little to no value to even the average player. All of these ships are intentionally useless past 50 to "encourage" players to fork over the obscene amounts of money for adequate ships. I do suppose it would "encourage" some players to buy more ship slots though, then when they figure out those dil ships aren't anywhere near up to par they feel compelled to fill the slots with all the redundant c-store offerings.

As was stated: even the mirror ships are a better option in most cases. Hopefully newer players are informed to just spend the little bit of EC for the mirror ships and save their dil for more valuable and useful things.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    With the release of Season 11: New Dawn, players may notice that the prices of many starships available for Dilithium have been reduced.

Check out the new prices for Dilithium ships here.

~LaughingTrendy

Gotta love the image with the article. Reminds me that the Sovereign is the poster child for ships that are stuck at T5. :(

Actually that's not what I see with the image at all. What I see is the same thing from the Arc background for the last eight months.

A Sovereign class with an updated model (look at the neck junction between Saucer and Stardrive) that reflects the changes to the ship that were present in Nemesis. A model update means T6 Sovereign class inbound. :sunglasses:
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Actually, you need to have only own the ship once the Admiralty system is in effect, then you can retire said ship.

However, if you don't already own the ship when the Admiralty system hits, you will not be credited for that ancient bubble sci vessel you may have used while grinding up the ladders so long ago.

However, what they're not telling you is along the lines of what you said; you need to have the port slots available to claim them, check and see that they're registered with the Admiralty system, then dismiss them.

I for one, will not be wasting my Dil on this. Now that I look over the information again, I feel they're still overpriced.

Here's what I would pay:
    Lieutenant: 1,000
    Lt. Commander: 2,000
    Commander: 3,000
    Captain: 4,000
    Rear Admiral - Lower Half: 5,000

Nothing more. Sure they're cheaper than a Fleet Module and efforts put into a Fleet for Fleet Cred (and the T5U for T5 Fleet ships), but they're still useless in the current meta. If you have multiple alts, you're better off just paying Zen straight for all the T1-T4 C-Store ships and just claiming and dismissing them. At least they come with consoles or weapons.

Now that I think about it, this is mainly to melt the Dil reserves of KDF and Romulan players as they have far fewer ships to utilize in the Admiralty system than the Feds.

I agree. I have more than enough things to spend my Dil on already, and even with fleet bonus and veteran refining it's just not enough to keep up with what I am using everything on. And I have no time to grind 12 toons every single day, maybe 25 years ago when I was in my early twenties but not today.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Sorry Trendy...

This really is... Unnecessary... It would have made a difference 2 years ago, not anymore...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    With the release of Season 11: New Dawn, players may notice that the prices of many starships available for Dilithium have been reduced.

Check out the new prices for Dilithium ships here.

~LaughingTrendy

Gotta love the image with the article. Reminds me that the Sovereign is the poster child for ships that are stuck at T5. :(

Actually that's not what I see with the image at all. What I see is the same thing from the Arc background for the last eight months.

A Sovereign class with an updated model (look at the neck junction between Saucer and Stardrive) that reflects the changes to the ship that were present in Nemesis. A model update means T6 Sovereign class inbound. :sunglasses:

with 5 command hybrid seats to prove command is the best option to roll with.

Ive been waiting for the t6 sovy, defiant, nebula, vesta, forever
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    synian wrote: »
    As was stated: even the mirror ships are a better option in most cases. Hopefully newer players are informed to just spend the little bit of EC for the mirror ships and save their dil for more valuable and useful things.

Too late for even that. Mirror-level ships now start at 1M or more apiece now.

All the cheap sub <500k Mirror ships have been taken off the exchange.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    All those Dil ships compared to lockbox ships and fleet ships are worthless. Only maybe for a few skins and I'm not sure they even unlock any. Those ships should have been donated long ago. You know when somebodys Greedy when they try to sell you their Garbage. I've deleted better stuff and I'm not exaggerating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    with 5 command hybrid seats to prove command is the best option to roll with.

If they only knew how much command skills suck and that what we really want is a truly universal seat that allows any specialization.

• Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    OH yeah. I've used "the brand new Admiralty System" on Tribble. What no one is telling you is...ah nevermind. I'll let you find out yourselves! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​

COMPARING THE CRAFTING DIL SINK TO THE ADMIRALITY DIL SINK IS LIKE COMPARING A HORSE AND BUGGY TO THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE....NUFF SAID.

• Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    To be honest, I forgot you could buy ships with dilithium. All my toons are 50+ so I really don't see me buying any. It does remind me to pick up my LTS ship at level 40 or is 50 for all my toons.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Most likely I won't be buying these ships.. I don't really find the admiralty system very interesting.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    When I saw the Sovereign on the article thumbnail (just the general outline was enough), I first thought it's a T6 Sovereign refit announcement XD

Then I took a second look - and then a third at the title.

Eeevil! :3

Kudos for the permanent dil price cut - as well as the extra 50% temporary discount :smile:
    It'll help kickstart the admiralty system on multiple toons
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Hm... Fork over dilithium for a progression-grade ship on a single character... or use the C-Store refits I've bought or recieved from giveaways over the years that I can reclaim free on any character of the proper faction and save my dilithium for other purposes such as Rep gear or converting to Zen. Yeah, tough choice. I'll take my C-Store ships, they'll actually save me dilithium/money in the long run.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    50% price reduction isn't even a half-measure, if the goal is making T5 dilithium ships relevant for actual play again.

But, since it's most likely all about admiralty cards, and, whatever happens, tons of people WILL be buying them just so they can have a complete set (to the gnashing of teeth of fleet builders and exchange Zen buyers) it's actually a very good idea.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    lan451 wrote: »
    Eh. Should have just made them cost EC again.

This. So much.

I srsly can't tell if it's a well meant gesture or an attempt to to let inexperienced people waste their precious refined dil.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Aw man, I was scrolling through facebook and saw a Sovereign Class and New Dawn in the title and I immediately thought: New Sovereign Model! Those hopes quickly faded lol. Oh well I know it will come someday, it's an inevitability.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Those who have been playing for longer (and had the opportunity to get zen and event ships) won't feel the effect of this change (certainly not right away), but for those who have joined only recently and/or skipped several events -- I bet it's a welcome change :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Nice, this will be good for those free to play people.
  • Options
    danpmkdanpmk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I think a lot of you are missing the point of the dil ships in the Admiralty system. Having played a lot on Tribble, it's clear to see that these ships aren't useless, not even to a veteran player with many C-Store ships. It was mentioned that the lower tier ships have much lower maintenance times, which is the first benefit. There's several short missions in Admiralty, just as there are shorter doff missions (like the 30m, 45m, 1h and 2h missions to get crafting materials). These ships will be useful for those.

But, while the common admiralty ships (and uncommon really) and lower tier ships have mediocre stats, that doesn't make them bad in and of themselves, nor does it not make up for their low maintenance times. The reason is, these ships have unique and very good Bonuses within Admiralty.

Check out the current compiled list of Admiralty ship stats. The KDF dil ships have high crit multipliers or reduce maintenance times. The Romulan dil ships have large bonus multipliers. Several of the Fed ships give either critical multipliers or other smaller bonuses that specifically benefit from being in a team. And of course the Mirror ships have very nice bonuses, the Romulan ones in particular!

So just remember, while these ships have poor stats on their own, they act as multipliers that will benefit other ships, and since they multiply things, their usefulness will be even greater for veteran players with other good ships than for newer players when your best ships are on cooldown. They increase your options a lot. New players will more easily see the benefits of these cheap ships, and will be able to see the benefits grow as they gain better ships over the course of the game.
    It is corporeal.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    the ship cards of these ships should really just be unlocked as soon as one has access to the admiralty system.

they are common quality and do not really offer much but would be a great way for a new people to at least get started in the system
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    The new forum setup they just changed to is really ugly.......
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    synian wrote: »
    This is of little to no value to even the average player. All of these ships are intentionally useless past 50 to "encourage" players to fork over the obscene amounts of money for adequate ships. I do suppose it would "encourage" some players to buy more ship slots though, then when they figure out those dil ships aren't anywhere near up to par they feel compelled to fill the slots with all the redundant c-store offerings.

Someone hasn't been checking the exchange for prices on Mirror ships. Last time I looked, the cheapest was 3.5m - and that's only going to go up past the S11 launch. With the sale, it's honestly faster to get the ones from the store - and with admiralty, you want BOTH.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    Hey guys! It's been brought to our attention that the Discount prices listed in the Dev Blog are inaccurate. This is entirely my fault for writing the blog in such a rush... I cut the original prices in half, instead of the new reduced ones.

Here are the accurate discount values:

Lieutenant: 2,500
    Lt Commander: 5,000
    Commander: 10,000
    Captain: 20,000
    Rear Admiral - Lower Half: 40,000

Actually that's not half bad now. Thanks for the correction/update. :)
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    danpmk wrote: »
    I think a lot of you are missing the point of the dil ships in the Admiralty system. Having played a lot on Tribble, it's clear to see that these ships aren't useless, not even to a veteran player with many C-Store ships. It was mentioned that the lower tier ships have much lower maintenance times, which is the first benefit. There's several short missions in Admiralty, just as there are shorter doff missions (like the 30m, 45m, 1h and 2h missions to get crafting materials). These ships will be useful for those.

But, while the common admiralty ships (and uncommon really) and lower tier ships have mediocre stats, that doesn't make them bad in and of themselves, nor does it not make up for their low maintenance times. The reason is, these ships have unique and very good Bonuses within Admiralty.

Check out the current compiled list of Admiralty ship stats. The KDF dil ships have high crit multipliers or reduce maintenance times. The Romulan dil ships have large bonus multipliers. Several of the Fed ships give either critical multipliers or other smaller bonuses that specifically benefit from being in a team. And of course the Mirror ships have very nice bonuses, the Romulan ones in particular!

So just remember, while these ships have poor stats on their own, they act as multipliers that will benefit other ships, and since they multiply things, their usefulness will be even greater for veteran players with other good ships than for newer players when your best ships are on cooldown. They increase your options a lot. New players will more easily see the benefits of these cheap ships, and will be able to see the benefits grow as they gain better ships over the course of the game.

Don't forget that on missions you can complete with one T5 or T5 ship, you can throw these lower tier ships in to increase the crit success chance. Their maint periods are low enough that there's no reason not to use them if you have a free slot.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    danpmk wrote: »

lol, they could have unicorns coming out of their nacelles for all I care. With the DOFF system too, oh you should have this that DOFF and you will crit more and so on and so forth. You don't need them, you'll crit when you crit. Some people will go die hard for this system, good for them! Buy Zen and exchange for Dil, while Cryptic laughs all the way to the bank.

Anyone ever stop to wonder why everything and the dog costs Dil? Even the market is stressed already? Dil is tied to Zen so deeply now it is one of the main reasons people buy Zen. You will have the grinders who want everything for free who grind the Dil, and the lazy and/or overeager startrek enthusiast who gladly will pay out of pocket to get their Trek on.

All this is a marketing ploy to make more money, and they want to see how low they can go before people bite. I'm thinking not so low, but we'll see. If you think they're doing this out of the kindness of their hearts then people are seriously fooling themselves.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm not arguing that the white/dilithium ships don't have their uses in Admiralty, I'm arguing the cost-effectiveness of spending 1 (T1), 2 (T2), 3 (T3), 5 (T4) or 10 (T5) days grinding and refining dilithium to acquire a ship that I would only keep long enough for it to register and grant me an Admiralty card.

Oh, and double on that, sov42 - it's definitely a little more annoying to navigate with all the additional boxes and such...
    Post edited by turbomagnus on
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I could see myself kicking loose a bit of dilithium during the discount event. But probably not a lot, especially since these won't be account-wide purchases.

Fleet projects are more than enough of a dilithium sink for me, considering how little of it I manage to get.

Let's see some deep price cuts on some of those old C-Store ships. That might interest me.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)