test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

its time to change the ship in ESD

ok so the ugly science ship has been there too long now. out with the pathfinder its had more than enough time in the spotlight.....in with the hestia

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Agreed, lets change it up.

Hestia, Presidio, Resolute, Andromeda.. any of them would be a welcome change.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,158 Community Moderator
    I admit it is a little odd that they haven't swapped in the new ship in ESD yet. Especially since the last solo release ship was the Resolute, and they didn't swap her in like they've done in the past on Old ESD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'm actually surprised that they don't change things up more often. At this point, lots of FE's are obvious ads for whatever new ship comes out. See "Delta Flight" and others as an example. Why would they not advertise their new ships on ESD also?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,158 Community Moderator
    Well... can't really fit 3 ships into the viewing space very easily. I can understand swapping out the ship for one of the single release ships like the Resolute, or taking a recognizable version like the Vesta on Old ESD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    If i remember right think a dev (possibly Taco) said it was a pain in the rear to change and so would be happening less often.

I agree though, due a change and i miss the days it changed more frequently.

Was quite fond of the Galaxy model myself.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,413 Arc User
    Everything is about exploration now so bring in the Nova.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    questerius wrote: »
    Everything is about exploration now so bring in the Nova.

Yes, well the Rhode Island anyway.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Would it not be possible to rotate the ships? Have say, three setups, then upon ESD beam in, we, the player, are dealt with one of the various sets?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    @tacofangs

what's up with the delay in switching ships out? You used to do that a bit.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Everything is about exploration now so bring in the Nova.​​

there's the tiny POS science ship sitting under the pathfinder. but ok ill throw in my 2 cents. change that one to a defiant.
  • Options
    fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    How about a TARDIS? or Red Dwarf? :D
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Where is this ship at?
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    How about a TARDIS? or Red Dwarf? :D

Yes let's stick a 6 mile long ship in the middle of ESD, it'd give a few laughs anyway. Also replace the Federation computer voice with Holly for when your announcements need just a little bit more sarcasm :D.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    If the Pathfinder weren't advertised with those awful pylons, you'd be lapping it up. On mind, I use the Intrepid pylons, Belephrone nacelles and it's gorgeous!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah, yeah. Still my intent to swap, just busy with stuff.

I know . . . that and $0.10 . . .

Someday I'll just do it. It's not hard to move things around in there, but I have to convert any new ships from costumes to geo, and I have to update the map in Quinn's office. Not a ton of time, but more than I have spare.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Work harder! :*
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    tacofangs wrote: »

Someday I'll just do it. It's not hard to move things around in there, but I have to convert any new ships from costumes to geo, and I have to update the map in Quinn's office. Not a ton of time, but more than I have spare.

TRIBBLE the map in Quinn's office. everything doesn't have to be just perfect all the time. heck I could put up with ship being there for a few more months for more romulan bridges instead of dank-and-dreary. and I swear the only thing the crew lounge is missing is cigar smoke thick enough to stab with a fork to make a seedy back alley bar.
  • Options

As long as it's not the Resolute or Command Cruisers, I'm fine with whatever you put there when you get time.

Now, make sure it's the Jupiter or Typhoon.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,413 Arc User

Sounds like a burn out in progress.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    yeah, let's not push taco too much. He's one of the few staffers that come and chat with us.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    shinnok918 wrote: »

TRIBBLE the map in Quinn's office. everything doesn't have to be just perfect all the time. heck I could put up with ship being there for a few more months for more romulan bridges instead of dank-and-dreary. and I swear the only thing the crew lounge is missing is cigar smoke thick enough to stab with a fork to make a seedy back alley bar.

No one smokes in the 25th century, we gave up that habit centuries ago
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
      I would love to see the Vesta in the ESD, doesn't it come out of the earth spacedock in the tutorial?
      7aamriW.png
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User

No one smokes in the 25th century, we gave up that habit centuries ago

if by 'centuries' you mean one, then yes

it was clearly still a major thing in the 2280s because the enterprise had No Smoking signs plastered all over its transporter room​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      ok so the ugly science ship has been there too long now. out with the pathfinder its had more than enough time in the spotlight.....in with the hestia

What ship? Could you post a picture or screenshot here. Never noticed it....YET​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • Options
      annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,626 Arc User
      I think it would be hilarious to see random stuff happening in the dock, like a string of spacesuits wandering around like the old lost in space credits, or a bottle of Picard splashing against a hull, or some 2oth century satellites wandering through
      We Want Vic Fontaine
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      like a string of spacesuits wandering around

i will only accept that if they have human skulls pressed up against the faceplate and they keep repeating "hey, who turned out the lights?" every few seconds​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      storules wrote: »

What ship? Could you post a picture or screenshot here. Never noticed it....YET​​

the pathfinder. original intrepid looks much better. really its the nacells. what i'd like to see there is a symbol of the alliance between Starfleet and the Romulan Republic....put a faeht front and center.

but since it likely has to be a Starfleet ship make it a Hestia.

• Options
      szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
      Make it the remodeled Galaxy class. It would look gorgeous in that window.