test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA Alert- Cyberbullying and Abuse of STO.

Comments

• devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Why is this drama here?
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    One of our resident drama queens wants someone to pat him on the head and tell him "It'll be ok."
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    This happened after I revealed to the perpetrator, a trusted member of our group; I knew he was playing double sides. As there would be no proof of this unless they made their move; I let the spy do what they wanted all along to prove beyond any doubt their true intent.

Circular reasoning much? Affirming the consequent much?

"I TRIBBLE up and caused a former friend to destroy my channel so I'm going to lie and pretend I meant to do this all along, for I am Xean, the puppetmaster, and you all dance on my strings."
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Why is this even a thing?

I thought I was done with middle-school playground slap fights 41 years ago. Apparently I was mistaken.

A bunch of people got kicked off a chat channel? Horrors! :# Call the FBI and Interpol, why don't you?
    boldly-watched.png
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Reading the OP I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    After reading this thread, it reminds me of when the first fleet I joined imploded for no good reason, because the fleet founder got paranoid that his co-founders (all good guys who invested heavily in and pretty much ran the fleet) were going to kick him from the fleet over a tiny incident. So he kicked all of them instead with no warning and with no real good reason.

The fleet imploded because he didn't have what it takes to be a good leader and became paranoid by drawing the wrong conclusions. He realised he was wrong in the end, but wasn't mature enough to rectify the damage he had done, so the fleet went the boom over the injustice. All the members with principles left, and only a handful of members who couldn't care less and preferred to stay in a then maxed out fleet remained.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Cry for the poor victims who were kicked, laugh at Xean's insane, baseless accusations and video game paranoia.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    This reminds me that I have not seen episodes of the Three Stooges in a long time.

How to avoid all this melodrama, don't join these Channels to begin with.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    Didn't we all see this exact same thing back in Junior High School? Doesn't look any prettier this time around either, does it?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    No, it is much worse. 'That's no moon'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    However, as soon as the moderation round is gonna come to this thread (which judging by the topic is most likely gonna happen), I have a feeling that more than one person might have posted things they might regret as soon as emotions start to fall down. Suggest to remove as much personal attacks in this thead as possible.

^ And the attacks on disabled people too would be nice.

Yeah, the fact people are even using disabilities as a description here just shows how little they understand it.

I don't condone using disabilities as an insult, from very personal experience in a multitude of ways I know what its like for people with disabilities, so if people don't mind toning it down in that regard that'd be great.
    This happened after I revealed to the perpetrator, a trusted member of our group; I knew he was playing double sides. As there would be no proof of this unless they made their move; I let the spy do what they wanted all along to prove beyond any doubt their true intent. Though the saboteur was a longtime member of our channel, treated as a trusted friend and granted limited administrator privileges, he was never truly on our side and was only waiting for an opportunity to stab us in the back.
    emphasis mine

This is 100% your fault. You could have prevented it but chose not too...

/end discussion

I'm with sarcasmdetector on this one, which is a rarity. This is purely your fault Xean, and frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner with the amount of drama that goes on.

Now I'm no fan of any of the troll fleets or xtern1ty, I'm sure people can appreciate that. However the difference with xtern1ty is that there is only one person there that I can say with confidence is regularly unpleasant even to his own members. That's you Xean. At least from what I understand Dental and their members generally know what they're getting themselves into when they join and they can be amusing sometimes.

The only way this will end Xean is if you stop treating people like they're all part of some conspiracy against you.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXXIuxZ0ZW4 This is the conversation the Original Poster is referencing.

This is copy-paste of a chat where the OP Repeatedly bothers me [someone he simply knows to be in Starfleet Dental], asking for exploits and touting conspiracy theories as I repeatedly dismiss and mock that he's still talking to me. http://puu.sh/kkM7N/2924f2f3c9.txt

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3mat9o/cyberbullying_and_abuse_of_sto/ This is the remnants of a sister thread to this one made on Reddit which quite probably was created by the OP. Although the original Rant is Moderated, Nabreeki offers responses and insight into the wild accusations it originally offered which go FAR Beyond what you read here.

There. Now you're free to use your own judgement.

I met Nabreeki back on June 16th as documented on my facebook page and SINCE THEN I've gotten to know EVERY active member of Dental, and many from it's allied fleets.

What I've found is one of the nicest, Most Intelligent, Most Generous, Most incredibly flippin BORED group of equals I've ever experienced since I first touched the internet back in 1992! Simply due to my association with them, or the Dental Tag above my head, I've had complete strangers tell me what a worthless piece of Mott Droppings I am because I'm "dental". Well... At what point is Dental the bad guy, and at what point does everyone else make themselves the bad guy simply because they bought in to too much negative propaganda... . . propaganda that the original poster is usually happy to claim as his own?

So sure... I like Dental... But it's the people in it that I love the heck outta!
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Community managers are dropping the ball on this, clear violation of forum and game rules so moderator please tidy this up and close, thanks a bunch
  • gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    trolls calling trolls trolling trolls trolls

except for Rahhmi who is above the fray and never does any of that childish trolling ever
    wildboar wrote: »
    Community managers are dropping the ball on this, clear violation of forum and game rules so moderator please tidy this up and close, thanks a bunch

OP waited until they were asleep before posting. They need some international moderators if they want the forum to be kept clean.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    wildboar wrote: »

They need some international moderators if they want the forum to be kept clean.

They had a thread a while back looking for new moderators, I guess most the forum population didn't qualify :3
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    I have to add that if nrbeeki troll whatever his name is gets made into some cryptic employee I would love to see how many more people quit the game than any expansion or dev post ever caused in the past lololol. you have to be some sort of freaky TRIBBLE to think this is a good idea to get he and something aweful goons to run any game ever as a business but then again im told dentals never get banned from STO or any game no matter what they do to lie cheat steal or say anymore so guess they are here to stay and maybe cryptic actually does like them and approve of them, or like the rumor is they donate tones of money to cryptic and some actually work there for cryptic or in san jose,

it's hard not to laugh at the customers who are not dental and leave the game because the goonswarm is too flooded with hiveminds. if cryptic did not approve then they would be banned already right? think on it... they do wrong but are here to stay so learn to deal with it or be called a n00b. and yes female posters can troll too so do not be tricked because one posts on the forums or games supporting the trolls does not mean he/she should be automatically trusted based on his/her gender and is not also a troll and part of that group from the start!! I tend to feel nabreki does not care about star trek online because he was tweeting the guy doing ping attacks and calling him a god as is proved in his twitter feed and since everyone in dental says nreeki is the very best then hmmm maybe they do not really care about you normal game players until you are submitting to their style of acting, behaving, talking, think about it
    Huh?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    gar1979 wrote: »
    I have to add that if nrbeeki troll whatever his name is gets made into some cryptic employee I would love to see how many more people quit the game than any expansion or dev post ever caused in the past lololol. you have to be some sort of freaky TRIBBLE to think this is a good idea to get he and something aweful goons to run any game ever as a business but then again im told dentals never get banned from STO or any game no matter what they do to lie cheat steal or say anymore so guess they are here to stay and maybe cryptic actually does like them and approve of them, or like the rumor is they donate tones of money to cryptic and some actually work there for cryptic or in san jose,

it's hard not to laugh at the customers who are not dental and leave the game because the goonswarm is too flooded with hiveminds. if cryptic did not approve then they would be banned already right? think on it... they do wrong but are here to stay so learn to deal with it or be called a n00b. and yes female posters can troll too so do not be tricked because one posts on the forums or games supporting the trolls does not mean he/she should be automatically trusted based on his/her gender and is not also a troll and part of that group from the start!! I tend to feel nabreki does not care about star trek online because he was tweeting the guy doing ping attacks and calling him a god as is proved in his twitter feed and since everyone in dental says nreeki is the very best then hmmm maybe they do not really care about you normal game players until you are submitting to their style of acting, behaving, talking, think about it

This has been a great day for video game conspiracies.
    Fx3popQ.png

This has been a great day for video game conspiracies.

haha he acting like its the first time this was ever brought up or evidence proved it and durr that's always almost the exact response word for word "conspiracies lies against great leader"

its true because he said it was! lol slow forum day for the trolls maybe they just waking up and had not had coffee yet hopefully replies get better before mods come in here and shut this down :(

I feel I may be banned because I'm not part of dental and only they are allowed to badmouth others on the forums and get away with it. wish me luck!
    edited September 2015
    ah broken post!
    How am I supposed to trust someone who can't even figure out how to quote posts correctly? I suspect you may be trying to troll me. :(
    Fx3popQ.png
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    D-R-A-M-A
    come'on guys :P

We don't need this in a video game :P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Don't post this stuff on Reddit. If you're not part of their circlejerk then nobody's going to care & they're going to actively **** on you.

The second you posted this in here you summoned the reddit hive mind to make a fool of yourself.
    While this is entertaining, in all seriousness i do not condone the act of kicking people out of a channel for whatever reason.

This seems to have become a trend recently with what the DPS-Pokemon admins did to the DPS channels, and what Emojo did to OPvP.

Although the OP deserves the blow to his EGO and then some, the people in the channel did not.

Go tell this to M'Ky please.
    How am I supposed to trust someone who can't even figure out how to quote posts correctly? I suspect you may be trying to troll me. :(

see what I mean? make a little mistake on forums get flamed by a troll. you have to wonder how much money these guys are really giving cryptic it has to be a ton! LOL
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This should be good. #popcorn

This whole new anti-Dental panic is over something that had nothing to do with Starfleet Dental!

So who is it?
    I need a beer.

see what I mean? make a little mistake on forums get flamed by a troll. you have to wonder how much money these guys are really giving cryptic it has to be a ton! LOL

Please calm down Sub-Nagus Gooark. It's well documented that our donations to Cryptic are non-existent, and our friends on the dev team aren't officially allowed to give us preferential treatment.
    Fx3popQ.png
    D-R-A-M-A
    come'on guys :P

We don't need this in a video game :P

some people seek and love drama and attention you generally can tell by post count and how valuable they consider anything they reread in their own posts and think it more important than anything non-dental reddit nerd of prey posts you see anywhere lolo. attacking and ganging on someone the way Starfleet dental goons does is such a pre high school act but they somehow get allowed to do it to others but if you say something on forums then its name shame time time to hide behind rules haha. they can dish but can not take
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Xean could write a book on his paranoid delusions, he claims to be an author sometimes. He certainly spews enough paragraphs on his persecution complex to fill a book.

Unfortunately for him, the title 'How to lose friends and alienate people' is already taken.

That's literally all that's happened here. Nothing to do with us, just another chapter in Xean's ongoing saga of temper tantrums and hissy fits.
    Do you see how the one sided name and shaming is one sided? I know you are intelligent enough for this, I had faith. I wonder which side the scale will tip towards? me or the bunch of dental nerd of prey trolls ganging up calling in backup whom enjoy belittling mocking bullying players and people of multi cultural and diverse RL backgrounds..

Will I be banned for unfairly picking on Cryptic's chosen sons? Stick around this thread or you might miss a dental being chased away from the community by a lone individual posting chatlogs and proof that cryptic does not want made public here due to a policy trolls have learned to adore and parrot at the drop of a cracker, showing how simple it is to see Cryptic WANTS those types here, (while they go bashing people and cryptic employees publicly in other chat channels or in public, based on their sexual preference, giggling about promoting illegal DDoS attacks on twitter, plenty of things that would get you banned regardless). They usually respond with "prove it" or "because you said it does not make it true"

In other news, I'm actually Xean. Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN

Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel.

tilting at windmills
This discussion has been closed.