test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA Alert- Cyberbullying and Abuse of STO.

This to inform our members and STO Administrators that tonight, Thursday, September 24, at 9:37 PM eastern time, an attack was carried out upon our channel XTERN1TY by members of Something Awful and the Nerds of Prey/Starfleet Dental group. This attack kicked all non-administrative members of our channel, over 750 members. This happened after I revealed to the perpetrator, a trusted member of our group; I knew he was playing double sides. As there would be no proof of this unless they made their move; I let the spy do what they wanted all along to prove beyond any doubt their true intent. Though the saboteur was a longtime member of our channel, treated as a trusted friend and granted limited administrator privileges, he was never truly on our side and was only waiting for an opportunity to stab us in the back.

I have our channel members on my friends list and will be sending out invites to those kicked tomorrow with the assistance of our allied fleet leaders and loyal administrators. No fleet members have been kicked in our fleets or any of our allies, this only affected our channel.

This is not a simple XTERN1TY vs Dental issue and has not been for a while as we are not the only targets of their attacks. This is a Something Awful vs STO issue and must be addressed. Even if you do not want any part of this, you will be affected by the far reaching consequences of this group's background activities on STO, if you are not already.

Please read the following reddit discussion for further insight:

XTERN1TY Reddit

Comments

• sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited September 2015
    This happened after I revealed to the perpetrator, a trusted member of our group; I knew he was playing double sides. As there would be no proof of this unless they made their move; I let the spy do what they wanted all along to prove beyond any doubt their true intent. Though the saboteur was a longtime member of our channel, treated as a trusted friend and granted limited administrator privileges, he was never truly on our side and was only waiting for an opportunity to stab us in the back.
    emphasis mine

This is 100% your fault. You could have prevented it but chose not too...

/end discussion
  • lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    This happened after I revealed to the perpetrator, a trusted member of our group; I knew he was playing double sides. As there would be no proof of this unless they made their move; I let the spy do what they wanted all along to prove beyond any doubt their true intent. Though the saboteur was a longtime member of our channel, treated as a trusted friend and granted limited administrator privileges, he was never truly on our side and was only waiting for an opportunity to stab us in the back.
    emphasis mine

/end discussion

I 100% Agree with Sarcasm detector... if you knew they were a "spy" why would you allow them to cause harm just to prove it to everyone else?

Thats like saying I know guns kill... and then going into a mcdonalds and proving it....
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    It's the end of everything!

Question...totally unrelated. Why do certain people insist on posting in different colors?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • psycholandlordpsycholandlord Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Yeah, this doesn't actually have anything to do with the groups you mentioned (disobeying forum rules, yet again) at all. You're just a lunatic who keeps alienating your own acquaintances.
    4KCfG9C.gif
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Yeah mate we didn't do this, although I wish we did because this is amazing. Have fun with your persecution complex and I enjoy seeing you try and twist this into our fault.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Improper behavior to kick people like that. Improper behavior to post this publicly. I don't see a good side to root for in this fight.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    As much as i have grown to dislike both groups you mentioned is this whole topic not naming and shaming and therefore not allowed?​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Naming and shaming an entire group who had nothing to do with it beyond the op's delusions. :smiley:
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Having dealt with psychotic people kicking people from channels in the past I can sympathize with the OP, up until the point where he says he knew this person was a problem and left them as an operator just to get proof. That takes a special kinda bad judgement.
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Doesn't this entire thread constitute "shaming" and violate forum rules? Granted the accusations are both false and ON YOUTUBE FOR ALL TO SEE THE ORIGINAL POSTER FLIPPING OUT AND DOING THIS HIMSELF but seriously... Someone call a mod!
    john98837 wrote: »
    Having dealt with psychotic people kicking people from channels in the past I can sympathize with the OP, up until the point where he says he knew this person was a problem and left them as an operator just to get proof. That takes a special kinda bad judgement.

That's just it, he didn't know. He found some guy he hates who has a similar name and decided they were the same person and then did his usual lying to make himself sound better after the fact. See all the times he's twisted the truth about telling someone to kill themselves.
    Fx3popQ.png
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Xean, we've been watching you flame and troll on the forums and ingame for months. Why should anyone believe anything you say?
    instead of Empathizing with the OP or the "accused" you should be empathizing with those who were kicked from the channel.

As someone who was maliciously kicked from a channel under the guise of "starting fresh" I can tell you it was a very traumatic experience....
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    Well... I WAS out of Fruit Loops....
    edited September 2015
    That takes a special kinda bad judgement.

Given the OPs history... i'd say it's extra special. with a helmet and a short bus.

#Iamgoingtohellforthis

Given the OPs history... i'd say it's extra special. with a helmet and a short bus.

I suspect he goes around licking windows.
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    nikephorus wrote: »
    It's the end of everything!

Question...totally unrelated. Why do certain people insist on posting in different colors?
    In the OP's case, it comes from a cargo cult mentality. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult
    He wants to be a pillar of the community and thinks the best way to do that is to imitate the devs. Notice how a lot of his posts read like announcements or judgements the way an an official post would. He changes the color of his posts to make them stand out from everyone else's, making it look like he's important. He even has an alt named Zone Help and Neighborhood Watch he tried to police ESD chat with.
    snipey47a wrote: »

I suspect he goes around licking windows.

OR eating lead based paint chips off the window sill....
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    and granted limited administrator privileges,

So, what's your problem? (choose your friends carefully)
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
    edited September 2015
    In all honesty, admirable cause to standing up against cyber bullying but when the OP isn't clean himself it seems suspect.... quite suspect
    Didn't the OP throw a hissy fit a couple weeks back when somebody in his fleet slotted some dil projects?

• bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This is pretty funny.

The OP sort of reminds me of that crazy guy that everyone knows who lives down the street. The guy has his windows covered in Reynolds foil wrap... if something happens I know it has got to be those evil evil guys that laugh to much. lmao

Really though OP what happens in your private channel has nothing to do with Cryptic. Move along next time perhaps you should only give rights to people you trust.
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    emphasis mine

/end discussion

It could have been prevented because the guy's not even a goon in the first place. Xean is just being paranoid, egotistical, and crazy like usual and he pushed someone until they snapped because they're tired of his TRIBBLE. Normally it just results in him getting kicked and banned from channels. This time he did it to someone who could actually target his precious ego-channel.
  • ussbridgeburnerussbridgeburner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I have a slow day at work ...
    thank you so much for the entertainment. it is highly appreciated.
    edited September 2015
    While this is entertaining, in all seriousness i do not condone the act of kicking people out of a channel for whatever reason.

This seems to have become a trend recently with what the DPS-Pokemon admins did to the DPS channels, and what Emojo did to OPvP.

Although the OP deserves the blow to his EGO and then some, the people in the channel did not.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Watched the video of the chat and I'll sum up what happened. Pair of friends each say things that causes the other to feel betrayed and/or back stabbed. Which then of course brings up more things being said driven by emotions etc. Friendship ends. How each deals with and/or spins what happened we now get to watch publicly.
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Xean, you're psychotic.

The person who removed people from your channel was not from SA, Dental, NoP or associated with any SA affiliated fleets.

I note that the person involved was the only person in your channel who could be relied upon to give good advice on ship builds, etc. Advice which you would then parrot and try to twist and convince people that you were the original source of his information.

Your paranoia is out of control, seek help before you let this bleed into the real world.

Though you can take one good thing from your latest self-inflicted drama - the person who removed everyone from your channel didn't discriminate, your channel is finally free of those you call trolls. (by this, I mean anyone who isn't your yes-man is clearly just a troll to you)

He did the job you couldn't!
    Although some of us have had our fun with this thread, it needs to be closed.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    First of all, I kinda feel bad for the true victims, namely those people who got kicked due to an argument that was not their fault.

Since I don't know any of the people involved, I will not pass judgement on what happened. I once was in a position to completely destroy an ingame channel for a fleet with which I was pretty pissed on at the time, but I choose not to. I decided to be the better man and didn't destroy an important infrastructure of another fleet.

However, as soon as the moderation round is gonna come to this thread (which judging by the topic is most likely gonna happen), I have a feeling that more than one person might have posted things they might regret as soon as emotions start to fall down. Suggest to remove as much personal attacks in this thead as possible.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    However, as soon as the moderation round is gonna come to this thread (which judging by the topic is most likely gonna happen), I have a feeling that more than one person might have posted things they might regret as soon as emotions start to fall down. Suggest to remove as much personal attacks in this thead as possible.

^ And the attacks on disabled people too would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.