test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

since now we have peace with iconians and that is major thing... will he go to year 2411 with season 11?

Comments

• Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Nope.
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I think it's the logical thing to do.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options

I disagree. The onset of the Iconian War coincided with the transition to 2410, and all indications are that the war was devastating, but short. It just hasn't been a year.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    well, you start early in 2409. It makes sense your graduation day is april or just before april 2409. It's been 18 months since your graduation and the onset of the active part of the Iconian war. It is possible that it could go 2411
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    binebane wrote: »
    since now we have peace with iconians and that is major thing... will he go to year 2411 with season 11?

We haven't dealt with the Nexus Ribbon yet. It's scheduled to return to our neck of the woods in 2410 (tbh, I really expected it to be the Deus ex machina end of the Iconian War, since it's sort of temporal and the Iconians can't deal with time travel).
    sirmayday wrote: »

I disagree. The onset of the Iconian War coincided with the transition to 2410, and all indications are that the war was devastating, but short. It just hasn't been a year.

The Jenolan Accords were the first in-game indication that we were in 2410.
    well, you start early in 2409. It makes sense your graduation day is april or just before april 2409. It's been 18 months since your graduation and the onset of the active part of the Iconian war. It is possible that it could go 2411

The attack on Virinat occurs in very early 2409; the Romulan player starts in "Early 2409 ... Two weeks before the Borg attack on Vega Colony." Delta Recruits start in "June 2410," as their future selves, and then pick up at the usual starting point in time. All Delta Recruits, no matter their faction, are told by Temporal Agents that their future selves came from 18 months after they start. That puts all factions' starting date at some time in January of 2409. The tutorial for the Fed side begins with a mission called "Graduation Day," at Starfleet Academy, where it is graduation day for all cadets, including the Fed player character: "It is the end of the year for the Class of 2409, and you're preparing to embark upon your Training Cruise, where the graduating cadets are assigned positions aboard a starship based on how well they did throughout the semester." Your graduation day was, therefore, in January of 2409.

I would say that we should encounter the Nexus Ribbon soon, because the in-game storyline needs to catch up to the in-game stardates, which now put us somewhere in 2415 or maybe even early 2416 by now (I haven't checked in a while, so I'm not entirely sure). To simply ignore the Nexus Ribbon would be bad form, so it needs to be featured in-game, and we cannot proceed to 2411 before that event, since it's supposed to be back in 2410.

We need to progress to 2411 and on to whatever the current stardate indicates in order to facilitate continuity between in-game RP and the in-game storyline. In addition, 2409 was a very eventful year, and 2410 has already been almost as eventful. All of this battle and death and destruction in so short a time is likely to result in everyone developing PTSD. While I realize that CBS may have put some kind of restrictions on the time period which can be covered by STO, it is simply unrealistic to expect all of these things to have happened in 2 (or even 3) years without everyone involved having to spend an extended stay in some sort of clinic in order to process and heal from all of their experiences, so time needs to march on at a more realistic pace.
  • Options
    that's a valid argument. Okay,
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    protogoth wrote: »
    Delta Recruits start in "June 2410," as their future selves
    Then we have to be in 2411 by now, since we know from the war blogs that the Iconian War alone lasted about 6 months.

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Then we have to be in 2411 by now, since we know from the war blogs that the Iconian War alone lasted about 6 months.

I didn't notice the Nexus Ribbon passing through our space yet, so we can't be in 2411 yet. An event of that magnitude would not go unnoticed.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User

I didn't notice the Nexus Ribbon passing through our space yet, so we can't be in 2411 yet. An event of that magnitude would not go unnoticed.

Could have been a "meh" event
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator

Perhaps, you were too busy fighting the Iconian War to notice. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User

I did feel a strange tingling sensation at one point. Perhaps that was it? :P
    I need a beer.

• Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2015

The STO storyline happened in the nexus, that's because our character is a psychopath warmonger, in reality there is no war and everything is solved using diplomacy.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User

your assuming that STO will do anything at all regarding this ?1?​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It took 5 years of real time to advance the date from 2409 to 2410, maybe in 2020 we can go to 2411, any sooner would not be good.

It actually took around 4 years to advance to 2410. I'd like to think of the way events happen this way for Delta Recruits

January 2409: Graduate from Starfleet academy, encounter future self.
    February 2409-December 2409: Klingon War, Romulan Mystery, Cardassian Struggle and Borg Advance arcs happen, along with the Solanae arc up through A step between stars. Where is the Breen Invasion arc? I'll get to that shortly.
    January 2410: Surface Tension happens here. We then go to the Delta Quadrant and eventually the Iconian war starts.
    February 2410 to June 2410: Iconian war happens, based on lore. Breen arc probably happens shortly before the Iconians destroy the preserver archive.

Now that I really think about it, the timeline around Delta Recruits really gets convoluted. We could probably also chalk this up to Temporal Incursion! :smiley:

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    Delta Recruits start in "June 2410," as their future selves, and then pick up at the usual starting point in time.

I'd forgotten that. That definitively puts the opening conflict with the Heralds in the latter half of 2410 (more or less; it still could've been in June), and I could buy that the war took six months. Even more likely, that it took just three or four, and the galaxy 'gets a couple months off' before the Mirror Invasion. Either way, we are realistically looking at 2411 in the immediate future.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2015

i would like to point out that STO borrows heavily from various novels, and one of them has the nexus timetable being permanently disrupted by soran's blowing up the amargosa star, so if they decide to incorproate that bit of whatever novel it was in (which i can't recall the name of), it may not show up for quite some time

EDIT: and i just found the name, as well as the resultant info bit

In 2384 the Nexus re-entered Federation space. It was posited that the result of Soran's attempts to alter the course of the Nexus was that its 39 year cycle had been permanently disrupted. A team of Federation scientists were able to use the Nexus's own energies to construct an energy bubble around the Nexus in order to prevent access by individuals who would seek to use the ribbon to alter the timeline. (TNG novella: The Stuff of Dreams)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options

i would like to point out that STO borrows heavily from various novels, and one of them has the nexus timetable being permanently disrupted by soran's blowing up the amargosa star, so if they decide to incorproate that bit of whatever novel it was in (which i can't recall the name of), it may not show up for quite some time​​

I know that soft canon is involved in STO; Rihannsu Saga and Vulcan's ____ novels are both strong influences for Romulan content. But if they're borrowing from anything that has the Nexus Ribbon not returning in 2410, they haven't told us yet, afaik, and they should answer this question somehow. But I still wonder what that thing is in the Azure Nebula that looks like the Nexus Ribbon and has been there for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    But I still wonder what that thing is in the Azure Nebula that looks like the Nexus Ribbon and has been there for as long as I can remember.

is there an image of it floating around? i saw it once back when ANR was first released and people mentioned its similarity to the nexus, but i haven't seen it since​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    The idea does make sense, maybe it might be possible for Season 11.5 (if there is one) or Season 12 or Expansion 3.
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    But I still wonder what that thing is in the Azure Nebula that looks like the Nexus Ribbon and has been there for as long as I can remember.

is there an image of it floating around? i saw it once back when ANR was first released and people mentioned its similarity to the nexus, but i haven't seen it since​​

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/9/94/Azure_Nebula_2409.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130205090032
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    well, maybe season 11 will be 2411... makes sense :D After all, season 10 was 2410
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    well, maybe season 11 will be 2411... makes sense :D After all, season 10 was 2410

Except that Season 9 started in 2410 with Surface Tension.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    and season 1?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

i would like to point out that STO borrows heavily from various novels, and one of them has the nexus timetable being permanently disrupted by soran's blowing up the amargosa star, so if they decide to incorproate that bit of whatever novel it was in (which i can't recall the name of), it may not show up for quite some time

In 2384 the Nexus re-entered Federation space. It was posited that the result of Soran's attempts to alter the course of the Nexus was that its 39 year cycle had been permanently disrupted. A team of Federation scientists were able to use the Nexus's own energies to construct an energy bubble around the Nexus in order to prevent access by individuals who would seek to use the ribbon to alter the timeline. (TNG novella: The Stuff of Dreams)​​

Problem with that is Kirk and Picard went back and prevented the missile from launching...so the Ribbon is on it's normal path unless something else affected it.

Plus that energy bubble thing sound far-fetched even for Trek standards. So what is it? Just a space magic bubble that shields the ribbon?
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »

In 2384 the Nexus re-entered Federation space. It was posited that the result of Soran's attempts to alter the course of the Nexus was that its 39 year cycle had been permanently disrupted. A team of Federation scientists were able to use the Nexus's own energies to construct an energy bubble around the Nexus in order to prevent access by individuals who would seek to use the ribbon to alter the timeline. (TNG novella: The Stuff of Dreams)

Problem with that is Kirk and Picard went back and prevented the missile from launching...so the Ribbon is on it's normal path unless something else affected it.

Plus that energy bubble thing sound far-fetched even for Trek standards. So what is it? Just a space magic bubble that shields the ribbon?
    they stopped the viridian launch, not the amargosa launch

and basically, yes; it's classic treknobabble - don't question it if you value your brain in a non-pudding state​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    We haven't dealt with the Nexus Ribbon yet. It's scheduled to return to our neck of the woods in 2410 (tbh, I really expected it to be the Deus ex machina end of the Iconian War, since it's sort of temporal and the Iconians can't deal with time travel).

Bingo!

Come to think of it, maybe the ending of the Iconian Arc would've been better if we interacted with the Nexus.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User

It's full out war, and you are one of the lead admirals of the fleet. You honestly expect to be sent out on what is effectively a trivial scientific mission? The Nexus is due to arrive around September-October 2410 from what I remember. Bearing in mind just how big the Delta Quadrant area we travelled across is (the in-game quoted distances in sector space aren't even close to accurate, Voyager wouldn't have taken five seasons to get across a few hundred light years), even with transwarp technology there's no way that all happened in a couple of weeks, a couple of months at best.

If we are going to encounter it, it is going to have to be pretty much the next thing to happen in-game within the least generous time frames presented.