test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the Exchange.

I bought yesterday some zen with my steam wallet, and when i tried to exchange it to dilithium, it said "Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the Exchange.". Today is the same. Also, my friend has the same problem. What is happening?

Comments

• Options
    fastleppardfastleppard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem like '' survivor0alex '' , when i want to make an exchange on dilithium to sell zen points this type of message address like this : "Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the Exchange.".
  • Options
    survivor0alexsurvivor0alex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    still waiting for an answer.................
  • Options
    bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    @survivor0alex , the forums are, primarily, a community tool, not somewhere to report issues with your account. If you see the stickied post at the top of this forum, you'll see that no-one on the forums can assist with Zen/account specific issues.

If you're having issues, please contact customer support, by raising a ticket either in game or on Arc Support and selecting "Arc."

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • Options
    rolltidemanrolltideman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I got this yesterday as well & still can not sell it....
  • Options
    rolltidemanrolltideman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    "Hello STO Players and Community.

On Thursday October 30, Star Trek Online enabled a new fraud prevention system. This system has been in place on another Cryptic game, Neverwinter, since July, where it has worked effectively. It has been enabled on STO due to increases in credit card fraud over the past several months.

What this new system does to protect all players is to temporarily change the way ZEN is treated by accounts that may be flagged for consideration in the new probation system. While we are introducing this system into STO, there is a chance that the rules may result in a false positive trigger but we have reduced the chance for that to the bare minimum. When purchasing ZEN, if an account is flagged, it puts the account into a temporary “probation” state for review by the system. New ZEN buyers and those with a limited purchase history may get temporarily flagged into the probation system. Once you have an established purchase history with us, the system is unlikely to trigger.

When on probation, Zen cannot be traded on the Dilithium Exchange to acquire Dilithium. Also, some purchases made in the C-Store may become bound-to-account instead of being tradable. You will get a warning dialog at the time of purchase letting you know that the purchase will be bound-to-account.

The bound-to-account status is “contagious”, so that if you open a Lock Box using a Master Key that has this status, everything from the Lock Box will also be bound-to-account in the same way. This contagious nature applies to anything you get from the C-Store that can be opened, and the purpose is to prevent fraudulent purchases from being traded off of the account.

The system is intended to have minimal impact on users who purchase for themselves. All purchases are bound-to-account, so you can still move the purchases between your own characters. This is only an inconvenience if you planned to purchase for later trading to other players.

If you receive the warning about a C-Store purchase being bound-to-account and do not wish to have bound items, cancel your purchase and try again the next day. The probation status is removed from your account once the financial transaction is confirmed, which can take up to 10 days. Any purchase you make after the probation status is cleared will not have the bound-to-account status added, and can be traded freely. Purchased items that become bound-to-account will permanently remain account bound, so you need to make this choice before purchasing.

Current and past users that have an established purchase history with us are less likely to have this ever trigger on their accounts so the majority of you should not see any difference when you purchase Zen and items.

Thank you for your continued support!

Aaron "Adamanteus" Biedma
    Product Manager
    Star Trek Online"
  • Options
    Aaron Biedma, and to all board members of STO

This inept policy of blocking account purchases really makes me want to go play a different game. I have spent around $50 dollars here in 1 month on multiple small zen purchases, and I am still being treated like a potential thief. I think you are making a large error in your business reasoning. Unless you were experiencing fraud from your new customers at a 50% or greater level (highly unlikely) you are making the mistake of pissing off way to many precious NEW customers who are paying you their very REAL money, and don't want, expect, or respect your decision to put restrictions on their purchases based on your petty fears. It appears that you think it is A OK to assume that everyone is a potential thief and then treat them like one, rather than take the small hits when they come your way. BAD BUSINESS. I am the general manager of a PC gaming Corporation, and I would never ALLOW this kind of BS be shoved onto my precious new customers. Perhaps you haven't heard it enough from your customer base(again unlikely) but it really is very disconcerting to be treated like this after I have already handed you over my money multiple times. Your answer is to "cancel" your order and try again the next day. Really????? Where did you go to business school? in Russia?

You probably think it is A OK to treat your customer base this way because Star Trek Fans really have no other place to go for a good online Sandbox Star Trek experience, so you feel like
    you have a captive audience and that they are just gonna have to take it (you know where). Again VERY BAD BUSINESS REASONING.

If someone in my boardroom put forth this idea I would be rethinking their position in our
    Corporation. Because when you decide to punish all your new customers for the small chance that
    they "might" be a bad actor, this is really a decision to commit slow business suicide. Your new customer base is your lifeblood. PERIOD. Your punish "all" policy is like pissing in that sacred pool.

Well as Stan Lee used to say "Nuff said"

Live Long and, no wait, my account is still blocked.
    How about instead:

Revenge is a dish best served cold,

Ray Brown
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    onebadshredder, this is an anti-fraud protection measure and with Steam you have to wait a certain amount of days. I do not believe this is the case if you use Arc for your financial transactions. It is an inconvenience but just wait. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    sthe91 wrote: »
    onebadshredder, this is an anti-fraud protection measure and with Steam you have to wait a certain amount of days. I do not believe this is the case if you use Arc for your financial transactions. It is an inconvenience but just wait. Thanks. :)
    You are right that it's regarding to the automatic fraud prevention system (probation), and that by wait it's automatically lifted after a while (usually 7-10 days I think).

Some things might label your account suspicious/for suspicious activity, probably 1st buy with steam wallet is frequently one of them. It may be triggered though in some other cases. Possibly some other cases of 1st buy/changing payment info, but I don't know the details and sensitivity.

This post is only supplemental (with links)

Official update to original official post regarding this issue: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13482910

For reference, the official OLD post (which had the update above - especially items bound for that reasons are no longer perma-bound): https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1171380/fraud-prevention-system-probation/p1
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I have been buying Zen for several years now and guess what ? When I purchase zen directly, I have no problem. When I purchase Zen using my Steam wallet, I have a 5 day "probationary" period. If I plan on trading/selling either the Zen or a C-store purchase, I wait five days and then sell/trade. It's been like that for years, and unless/until the accounting people at Cryptic/PWI/Arc decide they are losing more money from players not purchasing Zen than they were losing due to fraud, it ain't going away.
    Do like I do, if you don't want the probationary period, don't purchase through Steam, buy direct.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    I have been buying Zen for several years now and guess what ? When I purchase zen directly, I have no problem. When I purchase Zen using my Steam wallet, I have a 5 day "probationary" period. If I plan on trading/selling either the Zen or a C-store purchase, I wait five days and then sell/trade. It's been like that for years, and unless/until the accounting people at Cryptic/PWI/Arc decide they are losing more money from players not purchasing Zen than they were losing due to fraud, it ain't going away.
    Do like I do, if you don't want the probationary period, don't purchase through Steam, buy direct.

I bought direct last weekend and got the "Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the Exchange" message so something has changed. I re-logged and the message was gone when I tried the exchange again.