test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

really dissapointed about the Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought ship

i was hoping that this ship would be a special reward for completing a featured episode but noooooooooo cryptic decided to make it a duty officer pack promtion

stupid devs

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    You thought it would be free? You silly huo-mon.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    jim625 wrote: »
    i was hoping that this ship would be a special reward for completing a featured episode but noooooooooo cryptic decided to make it a duty officer pack promtion

stupid devs

First off: The dev's didn make this decision. The marketing department did.

But of cause it will be a lottery-prize... People begged for it... Now they have to pay for it...

I am just gonna stick with my defiant as usual.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    we had free ships before
  • Options
    we had free ships before

Never one people asked for.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Oh yeah let's give everybody a free gigantic Annorax sized dreadnought that eclipses maps in social zones why not
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    we had free ships before

The t5 Ambassador says hi. It was both free and people asked for it.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    we had free ships before
    It's a free to play game. You can get everything in the game for free if you work at it. Everyone likes to think that all these things are bought for real money. But the reality is that a large number of them are bought by people that have put the time and effort in to build up their dil, zen and EC balances for free.

• Options
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    anazonda wrote: »
    we had free ships before

The t5 Ambassador says hi. It was both free and people asked for it.

Immediately succeeded by a more powerful version that you could only get by buying 4 fleet modules, and had to be in a fleet to get.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Im actually glad that its a doff pack promo. I think its dumb that its even available to fly since every faction thinks having that much power is not a good idea, so if cryptic is going to release it anyway I'd much rather have it be a little rare, instead of seeing thousands of them around Earth :/
    edited August 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »

Indeed. Jaded players know better. But still. Someone expecting it to be free brings a smile to my face >:)

Since we're on the subject of tinkering with time...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXN6tgE4g_4
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Time? More like silly putty. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I seem to remember way back when...

We got an Obelisk Carrer, a gigantic beast of a ship, just for completing a mission during the promotional period.

Now it seems, paying players are willing to pay for new promotional ships, so those who don't want to pay through the nose are out of luck.

Free to play apparently doesn't mean 'friendly to play'. :/

I'll admit I am disappointed at this trend, but I'm not surprised.

Go ahead, Cryptic, Surprise me.

I dare you! :|
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I think its silly to wish it to be free. But it is worse that the thing is in a doff pack gamble. The hate for this promo is real on FB right now. The majority of the comments are not happy about this.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Really glad its not a free ship, every free featured episode ship they have released has been terrible. Odyssey, Ambassador, Obelisk, think that's all of them. Atleast now the ship actually has a chance of being something worth flying.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    I think its silly to wish it to be free. But it is worse that the thing is in a doff pack gamble. The hate for this promo is real on FB right now. The majority of the comments are not happy about this.

Yeah? Thanks for the tip!

I can't complain much since as a filthy casual F2P'er blatant cash injections like this sorta do players like me a favour.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I was just looking at the news page of this thing. If one wants to play "With the works" of this ship, that requires ownership of the Temporal Destroyer and Science Vessel. That's a lot of resources there if one doesn't have the 2 older ships already. If not, the Temporal Science Vessels should be getting relisted in the exchange for A LOT higher now if they haven't already. I know I would...

This will make the chase for the JHDC + JHAS combo for JHAS hangar units look cheap. The JHDC was a Lobi Ship so its costs were always within reason. But the Krenim ship is a Promo Ship like the JHAS, JHSS, Sheshars were. That alone makes the Krenim ship expensive. Then toss in the expected exchange price hike for the Temporal Science Vessels, well... Have fun y'all!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    john98837 wrote: »
    Really glad its not a free ship, every free featured episode ship they have released has been terrible. Odyssey, Ambassador, Obelisk, think that's all of them. Atleast now the ship actually has a chance of being something worth flying.

The Ambassador is not terrible. That is my main ship I use and love it. Even the KDF Kamarag is a good ship. My KDF uses it at times. But everyone has their opinions.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I had a feeling it would be a promo type ship. Cryptic needs $ to keep the game going. So I can see both sides of this. It won't bother me. Since there was several ships just out of my reach to use for now.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I can't wait to get one. I saved all my Millions to get me a great Science ship. Was hoping to get the T6 Temporal SCI but this sounds awesome...NOT a whale but will have whatever number of 0's attached to it bear-50.gif
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    I can't wait to get one. I saved all my Millions to get me a great Science ship. Was hoping to get the T6 Temporal SCI but this sounds awesome...NOT a whale but will have whatever number of 0's attached to it bear-50.gif

I'm pretty sure it will start at 1 billion.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it will start at 1 billion.

I still remember how expensive the Bulwark was because Cryptic used it as a promo ship for all of 2, maybe 3 times. Last time was in 2013. Not sure what it's going for now but the Bulwark was almost never on the exchange unless the seller was a dumbass. I recall for a time it going for 800m.

Would be hilarious to see how expensive the Krenim ship will go for, especially since it's Science and the KDF & Roms suck so bad in Science Ships at both T5 and T6.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    At least hopefully Cryptic will see that science ships actually can sell if they bother to truly make them awesome!
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »

I thought Science doesn't sell . Geko told me so !!
    I know ... I know ... , I'm a silly huo-mon ... .

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    we had free ships before
    It's a free to play game. You can get everything in the game for free if you work at it. Everyone likes to think that all these things are bought for real money. But the reality is that a large number of them are bought by people that have put the time and effort in to build up their dil, zen and EC balances for free.

While you may not have paid real money for it, doesn't mean that no one did. These packs can only be bought with Zen initially, you or someone else may pay EC for the pack that unlocks one of these, but they all come from a C-Store purchase being sold by another player. All Zen comes from real money, whether directly or via having Zen stipend from a being a Gold member of some sort (keep in mind that a 'Lifetime' sub costs about $200, while on sale).
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    we had free ships before

While you may not have paid real money for it, doesn't mean that no one did. These packs can only be bought with Zen initially, you or someone else may pay EC for the pack that unlocks one of these, but they all come from a C-Store purchase being sold by another player. All Zen comes from real money, whether directly or via having Zen stipend from a being a Gold member of some sort (keep in mind that a 'Lifetime' sub costs about $200, while on sale).

Are you new to the game? No. All zen does NOT come from real money. There's this thing called the dilithium exchange where you can convert your free dil into zen. A lot of the "rich" guys that have been playing the game for a long time have stockpiles of dil that they use to convert to zen, buy keys etc, open lockboxes and then sell those ships etc. I didn't say everyone did this, I said a good portion of them do it. The reality is that almost everything in the game (aside from some of the lobi items), can be purchased in this manner. All for free.
  • Options
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I seem to remember way back when...

We got an Obelisk Carrer, a gigantic beast of a ship, just for completing a mission during the promotional period.
    Have it, love it, I even bought the Lobi version.

Yeah, the regular Obelisk is not a fleet quality ship, and it doesn't come with the special gadget that the Lobi version does. It looks cool, but.... the freebie's stats don't match a lock box or promo item ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    we had free ships before

Are you new to the game? No. All zen does NOT come from real money. There's this thing called the dilithium exchange where you can convert your free dil into zen. A lot of the "rich" guys that have been playing the game for a long time have stockpiles of dil that they use to convert to zen, buy keys etc, open lockboxes and then sell those ships etc. I didn't say everyone did this, I said a good portion of them do it. The reality is that almost everything in the game (aside from some of the lobi items), can be purchased in this manner. All for free.
    What he was saying is that ALL Zen on the DilEx was bought by someone for $$$.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    we had free ships before

What he was saying is that ALL Zen on the DilEx was bought by someone for $$$.

You think so? Ok, I give up. Carry on then... lol