test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Resolute Adv. Heavy Cruiser Stats

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We’re excited to reveal the stats of the awesome new Tier 6 Resolute Class Advanced Heavy Cruiser. This starship is an enhanced version of the Excelsior Class Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit.

Check out the stats here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9457263

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Generally I like it but it's a little bit too much focused on defense and damage resistance. Flying a tank is not among the most desireable roles in a game in which everything is about dps. I will get it anyway if just to fly the old Excelsior with upgraded stats once again.
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Looks more Sovereign than Excelsior to me.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    you do know the Fleet T5U has 5 Eng console, 2 Sci, and 4 Tac right? Why is the T6 one less than that one?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think she is a beauty. I do wish the offer a different deflector shape. Want to see what it looks like with the Veteran's ship skin.​​
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    I'm not sure about that elongated primary hull but it looks good to me in profile. As with all these new ships I cant really tell until I see one "in the wild" so to speak :) However the Excelsior was one of my favorites so I'll most likely snag one.
    server_hamster6.png
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    heavensrun wrote: »

I disagree.

Yes, the saucer shape is a lot like a hybrid of an Odyssey (chevron shape) and Sovereign (elongated), but the scale is more similar to the Excelsior than the Odyssey or Sovereign.

The nacelles and secondary hull, however, bear a strong resemblance to the original Excelsior, but in the art style of the Geneva, Presidio or Concorde. (For that matter, the whole ship takes a few design elements of the Command battlecruisers - the nacelles are just where it becomes most obvious.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Command, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science

LOL no
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I really think that ensign slot at least should have been pilot or intel to make it somewhat different then the galaxy redo, but nice job.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    heavensrun wrote: »

I disagree.

Yes, the saucer shape is a lot like a hybrid of an Odyssey (chevron shape) and Sovereign (elongated), but the scale is more similar to the Excelsior than the Odyssey or Sovereign.

The nacelles and secondary hull, however, bear a strong resemblance to the original Excelsior, but in the art style of the Geneva, Presidio or Concorde. (For that matter, the whole ship takes a few design elements of the Command battlecruisers - the nacelles are just where it becomes most obvious.)

Yeah, I thought it looked like a mini command battle cruiser.
    captw wrote: »
    you do know the Fleet T5U has 5 Eng console, 2 Sci, and 4 Tac right? Why is the T6 one less than that one?

The fleet T6 version has the same console set up as the fleet T5-U version
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Finally seeing the side view. To me it carries a lot of the Odyssey looks. The neck is more swept back, and nacelles are too. Good job on making an old ship fit to current looks. I would rather have the round saucer though.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Ensign Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering/Command, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science

Dead on arrival.

"Fly her apart, then!" -- Sulu, commanding the Excelsior. Where is the pilot seating to make this cruiser unique?
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm going to leave this here but why didn't you make it pilot hybrid instead of a command hybrid. It is basically the same bridge layout as the exploration cruisers... only difference is the set ensign engineering...

Sulu was know to command the predecessor to this ship, he was primarily a pilot before he was captain.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Disappointed this is another command cruiser, seemed like the perfect choice to be a pilot spec cruiser :-(

/\
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    I was all excited until I saw that ensign engineering slot. If that was a universal we avoid the problem the original t5 Galaxy had: too many engineering slots. Ah well, probably will still get it, just not right away. :s
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Is it just me, or would the Resolute look better with a slightly larger saucer...
    D4UFNTm.png
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Is it just me, or would the Resolute look better with a slightly larger saucer...
    D4UFNTm.png

Not sure. I like her saucer being smaller. That was one of the characteristics of the original Excelsior class. But it could definetly use some smaller nacelles, smaller meaning less "tall" (not shorter). Those fat nacelles break the whole asthetic appearence of the ship.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,819 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    hypl wrote: »
    D4UFNTm.png

Not sure. I like her saucer being smaller. That was one of the characteristics of the original Excelsior class. But it could definetly use some smaller nacelles, smaller meaning less "tall" (not shorter). Those fat nacelles break the whole asthetic appearence of the ship.

Top down, it almost looks like a retextured Vesta. I would actually consider buying it too if I could use the Vesta skins on it.
  • tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    When will this ship be available?
    <insert FRY shut up and take my money Meme here>
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    ^ This.

That BOff layout is easy to rework if your used to using the FAHCR. DOA? Hardly.
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Really strange that it's a T6 ship with no universal BOFF slots. As is, it's pretty Engineering-heavy. I could see where that might encourage slotting Command skills instead, though. Unfortunately, I don't have any Eng-Command BOFF's that I could slot and don't have any characters with enough Command to create the Spec manual.

I like the looks of it, though, and if my main characters didn't already have so many transwarp destinations I'd find the Adv. Transwarp Drive on a T6 ship to be a strong incentive.

The good news about this ship is that Cryptic is continuing to release T6 versions of some of the more popular T5 ships and the trend is likely to continue. I believe I'll be holding out for a T6 Defiant, T6 BoP, and -- dare I hope? -- a T6 Vesta?
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I like the Excelsior, and I like the Resolute. However, I must confess a bit of confusion as to why a ship inspired by that of the most famous Starfleet pilot in canon besides Tom Paris, isn't a pilot-cruiser. Command is an extremely odd choice in terms of story-logic.

Oh, and devs, now that the Excelsior has been upgraded, it's time for the Nebula to get its long-awaited refresh. It would be a good opportunity for you to satisfy hungry science captains!
    Greenbird
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    ^ This.

That BOff layout is easy to rework if your used to using the FAHCR. DOA? Hardly.

Please share with us your hack for changing a boff seat from its hard-coded assignment. I have yet to find a way to put a tactical boff in an engineer boff slot.

DOA is a very accurate assessment.

• hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    captw wrote: »

I think Cryptic is making these OP traits and throwing them on just about anything. They know if its a good trait ppl will buy the ship no matter what the stats are. Lets be honest. If the Trait: Reciprocity came with a shuttle that was as rare as a JHSS people would still buy the heck out of them. I see a dark place that STO is headed if cryptic decides to take full advantage of the trait system. For example, say they make 10 traits a year that have a value equal to or more than that of Reciprocity and they pack them with ships that can only be won from Doff packs or Lockbox ships. That would be the ULTIMATE POWER CREEP strategy that ONLY and I do mean only the whales of STO would be able to get.
    Theres alot more to say on the subject but I believe that everyone playing STO already knows everything I just typed and more because we have been handed this deal for awhile now. Lets just hope that since STO went under new managment a few months back that the game will be heading in the right direction.

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    WTF kind of question is that?

The seating has been tweaked from the original, so it's just a matter of moving BOff abilities around or taking some out to add Command abilities (if you want).
  • trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Geez, Cryptic, could the Fleet version at least make that ensign slot universal?
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    Why? A good engi captain knows how to fly his/her ship. I can make that layout work like a thief in the night in a dps battle, or sit back and yawn while i tank for half the fleet. Besides, if you know where to look, ie google is your friend, all the ships people are complaining about are coming, there's even leaked T6 defiant pictures in the wild.
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• cronicus666cronicus666 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yea I was so stoked about this ship I flew the excelsior for along time. This version is engineering heavy but it has a lieutenant commander tactical slot witch I can work with. I am not getting it for one reason and one reason alone. That reason being the command officer hybrid seat.

This layout really offers nothing over any of the new cruisers it has nothing unique to draw people's attention. No pilot specialization witch a lot of the player base wants. WE WANT a pilot specialization cruiser and the excelsior T6 would have fit the bill.

Heck I'd rather have the hybrid seat be intelligence then command all the command powers don't work correctly and are resource intensive for both client side and server side I DON'T WANT a command cruiser honestly if I see a command hybrid slot I DO NOT BUY THE SHIP.

Besides I have the tactical command cruiser why would I want something that has lower performance and no customization ability to fit a new role.

Now this isn't all bad the ship does look nice you guys did a better job designing it then some of your other recent ships like most of your new federation t6 cruisers but I can't justify buying something just for looks alone.

Also the trait would be useful if it was able to be used with other skills besides acceton beam and overwhelm emitters. Both skills see absolutely ZERO use as they both offer no benefit the debuffs are way to weak and are considered by many of the player base to be wasted slots if used.

You guys had a good opportunity with this ship you could have done something cool like a dual pilot and intelligence hybrid setup witch we don't have yet and that would sell well in a ship with a high hull modifier like a cruiser.

Sad to say I am disappointed on this outcome I loved flying the excelsior but this new version offers nothing to entice me to buy it.
  • rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    i had hoped on a universal bridge seat :(
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Man that thing is hideous. I'm really surprised they didn't give it a pilot seat and a few maneuvers.
  • cronicus666cronicus666 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    ok so I was thinking I made 3 changes to the layout for the new resolute cruiser lets see if you guys find this more appealing.

Resolute Advanced Heavy Cruiser revised officer layout:
    Lt Commander tactical
    Commander engineering
    Lt Commander engineering/pilot (changed from command)
    Lieutenant science/intelligence (added the intelligence slot to give it something unique)
    Ensign Universal (the fixed ensign engineering slot was one of the most criticized things about the old excelsior)

Now I for one find this to be a much more appealing design and it is different from previous cruisers. You have your hybrid pilot seat and I removed the command slot for reasons I previously posted.