test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

got Disconnected now launcher is all black color and forever loading.

dvroccdvrocc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
So what is down here? this morning it took for ever to log in i mean like 15 minutes and this evening got disconnected and now the launcher is down.

Comments

• Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    sounds alittle like my problem.the patch server has not worked since 7/9 patch.
  • Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    still can't connect,period!
  • Options
    mathiasdarkmathiasdark Member Posts: 5 New User
    I'm having the same issue. I was running from a native install that has always worked for years until the most recent couple of updates, where it would progress to the title screen and then enter a "not responding" state.

Now I've installed through Steam and the client simply appears with "Loading. Please Wait."
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I have been using the Launcher through Steam, which didn't have a problem (at least for me), but I used the Arc this morning (ET) and it would turn black just before the loading screen was complete. Then when I clicked Shift-Tab, the screen goes grey and I get a Client Not Responding pop-up. Trying to see if this was a fluke, and I tried it again with the same result.

I used the launcher through Steam, just to see if it was just the one or both (considering they both use the Cryptic Launcher, but with Arc you don't have to type in your password) are misbehaving this morning. It ended up being the Launcher through Arc.
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    You have a corrupted driver that's causing that...not sure if its the C++ runtime direct x or something else.

Only reason I know this....is because I had the exact same problem about a year ago with a game called DC Universe Online.

It turns out STEAM decided to make an update to my direct x and c++ runtime and messed them up...as in it put corrupted drivers right on top of my drivers I already had...when it installed a differing game.

So you will have to install those drivers on top of your already installed stuff...which will fix the issue.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=