test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Resolute Adv. Heavy Cruiser

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We’re excited to announce the release of the new Resolute Class Advanced Heavy Cruiser. This Tier 6 starship brings a new life to the original Excelsior Class starship!

Read more about it here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9456293

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Umm, what? lol

Good looking ship, but looks nothing like an Excelsior...
  • mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Umm, what? lol

Think that might be the point - I am guessing you will still be able to kitbash or have the original Excelsior (if you have it already) as a skin option like they did with the Avenger/Mogh T6
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    It looks nothing like an Excelsior.

The Federation needs more cruisers...really? Nothing for the KDF or Romulans naturally.

• jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I need stats STAT lol ​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Guys, I think we need more cruisers. Definitely more cruisers.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    It looks nothing like an Excelsior.

The Federation needs more cruisers...really? Nothing for the KDF or Romulans naturally.

I figure the Vor'cha will be on the docket soon. It seems a natural choice.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Now to see what the seating's like on this girl. My body is ready.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I was hoping it would be loosely based on one of the various excelsior updates on the web, but that single pic makes it look like...I dunno...every ship we get now with a Chevron saucer?

Edit - which "Original Excelsior Design" are you referring to, because ALL of the designs look NOTHING like that:

ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359/excelsiorstudy1-model1.jpg

ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359/excelsiorstudy2-photo.jpg

Heck, one of the other concept models had 4 nacelles? So what exactly are you guys basing this on?

T93uSC8.jpg
  • crash101101crash101101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hopefully this will be the start of the T-6 Flagships.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Wait, this isn't tied to a bundle? You did something wrong here Cryptic! :p
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    LOL?? i thought the main interest of this ship was a collector-asthetics purpose... but i see the desing is completely different lol... well, congratulations for the excelsior whiners, but i dont think this looks like an excelsior lol. What will be the difference between this ship and others??? the mastery trait, nothing else. And again, no love for klingons or rommies. Sigh.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    ANOTHER Cruiser? Are you guys for real or is this an insanely bad joke? The hell is this crappy game called now? Cruiser Trek Online? Hey TRIBBLE all those ship classes let's add more CRUISERS!!! Honestly who the hell keeps making these stupid decisions? At least launch the T6 versions of the Defiant/T'Varo and B'rel along with that monstrosity...
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »

Aye makes me sad...and to be honest when I first saw the pic on the front page I was thinking perhaps T6 Odyssey...
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    mikoto123a wrote: »
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Umm, what? lol

Think that might be the point - I am guessing you will still be able to kitbash or have the original Excelsior (if you have it already) as a skin option like they did with the Avenger/Mogh T6

Lol, the avenger and mogh have nothing to do with the excelsior. The excelsior is a canon ship, and it has a classic old-style shape, nothing similar with the new excelsior design. The mogh and avenger had the liberty to mount watever desing you want on em, but im pretty sure excelsior lovers will never want a post classic design, because the classic design is what they love the most. So even if you are able to switch between classic and modern, i would like to see another classic design but with a little different options, thats all. For god sake dont touch the classic loved excelsior shape... sigh.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »

There is another bundle coming soon with some long overdue ships in it that will please a lot of people, myself included. T6 BoP! :D
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I was hoping for something along the line of this:

http://www.fleetops.net/forum/download/file.php?id=13486

See, that's how you modernize an Excelsior, making it look next-gen without throwing the entire design out of the window.

The Resolute? Looks more like a T6 Vesper. I can say that this is by far the ugliest 2410 design, you couldn't have made it any worse I think. You should just stick with making KDF and Romulan ships, at least those look alright. What's this obsession with chevrons?!

Sorry, no buy. Considering the Excelsior was my first and one of the best C-Store purchases, this hurts to say.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • bluespectrumbluespectrum Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    lan451 wrote: »
    Guys, I think we need more cruisers. Definitely more cruisers.

Yes we do. Like an new variant of the Odyssey. My Oddy at T5-U compares with the Fleet Excelsior. That is lame. For a ship that is supposed to be a "flagship" It has been made obsolete by newer ships

• grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    im gunna go ahead and say it, i feel there are to many ships coming out way to fast a release cycle and a vast majority are just for the feddys.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2015
    I wish you could see her from additional angles. There is no denying she's an Excelsior when you see her nose-on.​​
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I wish you could see her from additional angles. There is no denying she's an Excelsior when you see her nose-on.​​

sharing is caring lol

(another words share with your players the nose on pictures lol)
    JtaDmwW.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Who the hell was asking for this? How much you want to bet this makes a 125-year-old frakking museum piece a better ship than the GCS again?

Oh, and it's ugly as sin. I'm not touching it with a ten-parsec pole.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User

Then cough one up! Because that pic makes her look fat. :p
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User

Agreed. I even prefer seeing ships in real time "3D" as it can make a big difference. Seeing the T6 Avenger that way and the way it fit so well with the T5 variant was enough to get it.

Otherwise, hoping Real Science ships get a turn for once, more attention to Rom & KDF, and with the cruiser after cruiser supersaturated market I'd assume the flagship (Odyssey) would be priority here at the very least.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Oh, and it's ugly as sin. I'm not touching it with a ten-parsec pole.

I don't like the T6 look but I will be getting it and using the old Lakota look.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    See, that's the thing. You can 100% use the old look if you prefer.

That said, a 50/50 kitbash would probably allow you to have a look that has a bit of Ambassador or even Connie sensibility to it.

I'm thinking I might be interested in seeing the T6 ship with the Excelsior Saucer and Nacelles bashed with the new ship's hull, struts, and neck.

There wouldn't be much point in a new costume if mixing it with the old costume didn't provide some variety.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    I won't comment on the design until I see her from more angles, but the console? really? It just makes the ship better at pretty much everything for a few moments? Just up the passive stats... Why no fun new mechanic? that is what the console was always for. Otherwise I can also just equip a regular console that enhances my stats all the time, right?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Still no bop. :((((
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Cruisers online
    747620.jpg
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ah, the classic lives on! :)
    latest?cb=20130812215342&path-prefix=en

It's hard to top this kind of beauty.
    I'm kinda' happy this is said to be Geko's favourite ship, always good to have this iconic classic at end game level.

I kinda' wish that as well.....anything you can do about that? ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg