test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher won't work

Hi, I'm having an issue with the launcher: it won't connect. It tries to connect to the server, and keeps failing. Just gives me an error "Unable to connect to patch server."

Comments

• Options
    offhandpauloffhandpaul Member Posts: 2
    yes all of us are having the same problem
  • Options
    masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same for me... as usual -.-
  • Options
    andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Well, at least I'm not alone lol
  • Options
    burritobarrett11burritobarrett11 Member Posts: 6
    well, sad face
  • Options
    masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Same problem here
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    So...uh...any word on what this is? (I wish I'd read this thread before nuking all my local data but whatevs.....)
  • Options
    burritobarrett11burritobarrett11 Member Posts: 6
    i think someone sat on the off button...
  • Options
    markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Hi,

I'm experiencing this issue, too.

I thought it might have something to do with today's patch... but who knows?

I hope the proper people at Cryptic are at least aware of this.
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    klynn168klynn168 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hi, I'm having an issue with the launcher: it won't connect. It tries to connect to the server, and keeps failing. Just gives me an error "Unable to connect to patch server."

me as well its 2 pm here
  • Options
    same problem here in midwest,,2 pm an now cant connect,,as usual
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yup, ditto, can't connect to patcher. Cryptic broke the interocitor again.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They broke it!
  • Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User

Same issue here. Was working last night well enough then pow, nuttin'. On a separate note, these new forums are positively Byzantine. It shouldn't take that many click-throughs to get to the support forums.
  • Options
    kryshalskryshals Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yep, same issue. Great fix, guys. And get rid of these forums, and go back to the old ones, these are garbage.
  • Options
    roo77roo77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    STO's facebook says there was maintenance going on - problems with the servers, launchers.. blah, blah.. maintenance been extended to 2pm PDT.. so log in wont be possible!
  • Options
    joshkirk6joshkirk6 Member Posts: 1
    Yeah same problem here.
    Oh yeah STO, you may have removed some bugs in that shard maintenance but you also put some in.
    Please fix this issue, really want that Nandi Warship.
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Same here, launcher can't connect and thus won't launch. Usually you can at least run it to dl the patch even with server down.
  • Options
    allfather777allfather777 Member Posts: 285 Arc User

+1 for Myself Sirs ! no matter howmany tries; the Launcher won't appear ! it says 'Check internet Connection', but I checked and Doublechecked My internet; it is ok and at full capacity !

Please help us out Sirs, because at this right moment, Starfleet desperatly needs My help !!!!!

Thanks in advance for your answers and reactions !

Lord of Destruction

Lord of Destruction - Allfather - Holy Lamb of Knowledge - Commander of the 7 Nation Army - The Victory Sire
  • Options
    pamundsen77pamundsen77 Member Posts: 2
    2pm means 5pm edt so still have an hour or so to wait
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Can't seem to get in either. :cry:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Same here nothing what the F**** is going on
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    Same problem here too.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    this is beyond maddning,,allmost 4 pm here
  • Options
    offhandpauloffhandpaul Member Posts: 2
    lol 4pm its 10 pm here and not been able to get on all night
  • Options
    slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    5 pm EST.... still can't connect to launcher.
  • Options
    was going to buy the new T6 fleet battlecruiser but maybe not now.... don't like being teased with something on monday being told I can have it on thursday just to find thursday I can't even log in.... that's like wanting to buy a new 80 inch LED tv to only find out that it's not in store then get home and find out you can't even watch tv because the service provide broke it....
  • Options
    Found this on the facebook page....

"Star Trek Online
    4 mins ·
    We're seeing an issue with the load balancer that is impacting our maintenance. The engineering team has moved up maintenance to 3pm PDT."
  • Options
    okay umm thats still an hour ago,wtf cryptic ,get ur head out of the torp tubes an back under the consoles an git this fid,,PRONTO,,i got a klink battle cruiser i need to destroy before it gets to my tribble farm soo chop cop
  • Options
    darksquall716darksquall716 Member Posts: 1
    yep got the same issue here. also stupidly wiped my local data to try and reinstall... should have just renamed it... oh well hope its up soon. im missin the festival! need me new ship captain!
  • Options
    falsfire1976falsfire1976 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It sucks, but at least they're communicating with us, we're not left just wondering...