test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Egg Drop rate bug

mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
So... 2-3 days ago I decided to do the statue hunt with my ferasan delta recruit lvl 54. That seems to have triggered a critical account wide bug wich now prevends ANY character on that account to drop eggs during the hunt. No full inventory issues btw. And this is not chance related, since after 14-16 hunts at least an egg should've droped.
I am not complening about low chance drop egg, mind you. Prior to that "event", I was getting decent/average eggs on old characters. But imediatly after that I did the hunt with that ferasan ALL characters got affected. It may be just a bug or some WAI exploit preventing system thats gone bad or something like that.

Anyone encountered the same issue?

Comments

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    I've not gotten any bird eggs this year so can't comment but does seem strange that I haven't gotten any at all.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    I run it with five characters each hour, including one Ferasan, and I haven't really noticed any decline in the drop rate. I usually get at least one per hour on one of the characters, sometimes more.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    It's Really random. Last year, I ran 3 characters through it regularly. 2 ended up with more than 7 eggs left over, and the third hadn't had any for days.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It's all "The Luck of the Draw". I have gotten an egg in two or three runs, but sometimes, one of my tons have gotten two, and one even got four in one run. Go figure that one out.

It would have been nice to have the eggs bind to account instead of pickup. Then you could transfer them to the toons that have bad juju. :)
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The thing really should have a stacking percentage... per-character per-runs a day.... not be random...

Sure you can have the percentage be 5% on any initial character run, but if no eggs are found on that run the percentage should increase to 10, if no egg, 20, up and up until an egg is finally awarded then the percentage should drop back to 10/15% as an initial increase for actually "playing the content" that day.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The rng is very poor and very streaky as well. I will say that 14 runs without an egg is pretty high. I've done over 1000 runs. Occasionally I will go 10 to 12 runs without an egg and then something will 'unlock' you can feel it happening, and I will get 3 or 4 eggs in a row.

Some characters will be lucky also and end the season with 10 eggs, while another unlucky characters has none and missed several days.

One thing I try to do is use the runs of bad luck on characters who have plenty of eggs then hope to hit the good streak with a character who needs.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its funny when you have done 5 runs without eggs, and suddenly you get 4 eggs in a row with one character, and the bad luck continues, again 5 runs without eggs... :)

I am the only one who think eggs should be account bound??
  • Options
    tenty1983tenty1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    I am the only one who think eggs should be account bound??

No, you are not! I totally get why they aren't tradeable on the exchange, but they really should be transferable on the same account.