test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleaning house w/ pants, belts, & footwear

123457»

Comments

• millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Firstly, want to say THANKS to crypticjoejing and others who worked to reorganize and open up various parts across factions/outfit types, as this is something I've been waiting years to see happen! Ya'll wouldn't believe just how happy it made me to see so many parts now usable on characters with so few options and choices before the updates!

Now for recent issues/oddly missing things/suggestions related to lower-body attire since then...

1. It seems the Boot Seven Of Nine and Shoe Seven Of Nine have had most of their color options completely removed, except for some shades of black and brown. This appears to only be a problem on my female KDF-aligned Liberated Borg Romulan character, as my Fed, KDF, Fed-aligned Romulan, and KDF-aligned Romulan (Reman) don't have this issue and can still access the color palettes on their boots/shoes the other Seven Of Nine parts use.

I've checked a variety of other characters of different species, factions, etc, but it seems so far contained to my KDF-aligned Liberated Borg Romulan. No idea if this is an issue for Fed-aligned Liberated Borg Romulan player characters.

On a side note, wouldn't mind seeing the color palette opened up a bit more for all Seven Of Nine outfit parts for all factions, as KDF and some KDF-aligned Romulan types only have access to more limited shades compared to Feds and other Romulans, depending.

2. I've noticed that there's a very limited selection of boots/shoes available when using attire under Off Duty - Pants Tucked High for female characters, with useful feet-based parts like Boot Studded Ankle, Shoe Formal Heels, Boot Soft Off-Duty, Boot Short, Boot Ankle, Boot Thigh High, Boot Thigh High Romulan, Shoe Seven Of Nine, and possibly others I've missed across factions completely unavailable in this category. If these could be added into the Off Duty - Pants Tucked High category, would help fill that out some.

In addition, using Shoe Sandals with a Talaxian character noticably doesn't include a matching Talaxian spotted-feet texture for the feet in the sandals. This isn't a huge problem, but once you see the point where the spots cut off at near the ankle, it gets hard to miss after that.

3. Could we also get the Voth Light and Voth Soldier belts re-added to the Off-Duty selections? I personally liked using them on some of my KDF characters' Off-Duty attire as they were one of the formerly-few low belts the KDF could use, and I still find them visually appealing with some Off-Duty parts.

4. Now this one has personally annoyed me since Legacy of Romulus' release, but seeing the amazing additions/changes/fixes made to the lower-body parts, I have to mention this.

Back during the Legacy of Romulus beta and specifically for female Romulan-faction characters, the Romulan Republic 1, Romulan Republic 2, Romulan Republic 3, Romulan Klingon 1, Romulan Klingon 2, and Romulan Federation belts, possibly other Romulan-only belts, too, used to be more form-fitting and slim, especially when matched with their similarly-named uniforms.

Some, like the Romulan Federation belt, used to also comfortably fit under parts of other attire, such as with the slightly long Romulan Federation 1 jacket, an example of which can still be seen in the "choose your allegiance" screen for Romulan characters.

I wish I had taken screenshots of this during the earlier beta, but later in the Legacy of Romulus beta and then after its release, the above-mentioned belts all got puffed way up on female Romulan-faction characters, giving them the appearance of being two or even three inches thick, as opposed to being form-fitting. I'm under the impression this was done for the puffier and soon-to-be-released-at-the-time Romulan 24th Century attire.

Regardless, I was kind of hoping that these could get looked at to be re-fit back into a slimmer shape. Male Romulan characters don't appear to have this problem with their own belts, so I was thinking we could get "slim" versions of the female Romulan-faction belts, like what was done for the female Romulan rank shoulder pads, which also got puffed up for some reason after Legacy of Romulus' release, but then got restored as a slimmer alternative (and of which I am also thankful for!).

Again, thanks for the work ya'll have done on getting it all sorted, hoping ya'll are still looking into smoothing out what remains!
  • kuromaikerukuromaikeru Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I would like to ask, why we don't have 7 of 9 boots in the formal/club ware? Academy heels are available, then why not Seven's ?
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I would like to ask, why we don't have 7 of 9 boots in the formal/club ware? Academy heels are available, then why not Seven's ?

That is a very good question.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Tal'Shiar Uniform; that is all. :D
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    Still no Motion Picture shoes for female toons. Please fix this. You're selling a broken costume.
    Greenbird
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    bltrrn wrote: »

All the bits as well, not just the top and boots.

13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    artan42 wrote: »

I'd be happy just to have the belt and chest gear for both genders instead of the belt only for females and the chest gear only for males.

And the boots on the right with the large V shape, they've been around for a long time, since before LoR. You can see them on NPCs running around DS9 and Bajor. I've been wanting those boots to be opened up to players for years. The wrist attachments would be nice too, and the cape.

Edit: Oh yeah, those straps on the legs. I've noticed a lot of NPCs now have them since Delta Rising launched. I can see it at DS9 and my Klingon starbase. They don't seem to be on any Federation NPCs though. No idea what that's about.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

Plus, the lvl 50-60 pieces, some more prevalent NPCs wear. >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for fixing the Motion Picture female shoes issue. This whole costume reorganization has been fantastic for STO.
    Greenbird
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    Ok, good news for barefoot RPGers, bare feet will soon be available on all Off-duty after all.

I'm no reader, but I can see a surge of characters named "River Tam" running around with that option...

;)
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Ok, good news for barefoot RPGers, bare feet will soon be available on all Off-duty after all.

I'm no reader, but I can see a surge of characters named "River Tam" running around with that option...

;)

LOL yeah me too.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    In my quest to uncover every single remaining costume bug, I regret to inform the team that the Mercenary Boots do not show up in the footwear list for the player character, and the entire Mercenary costume does not appear at all for Bridge Officers, except embassy Romulan boffs, which is great. Not appearing as uniforms for regular Fed faction boffs may be an intentional design decision, but, two cents, I think the Mercenary costume should be available for boffs given that Trek always had the protagonists (boffs) go undercover with rogues, etc. However, at least the boot issue needs to be rectified.

You're welcome and thank you.

P.S. Please expand the color palette for costumes like the TMP Uniform, where it is currently not possible to achieve advertized canon pastels.
    Greenbird
    Boot - Studded Ankle is missing from Pants - Loose category for females. These boots are part of the Counselor Troi uniform in the c-store. The boots are available for other lower categories such as skirts.
  • crypticjoejingcrypticjoejing Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Boots - Studded Ankle was an easy fix. Coming soon. The merc boots are a bit more complex. Will look into it and eventually fix.

Color palettes way more complex. We want to make improvements all over on this and address many of your requests for expanded palettes but there are a lot of complications that cause a cascade of bugs when palettes are changed. Not saying it won't be done, but probably not soon.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Boots - Studded Ankle was an easy fix. Coming soon. The merc boots are a bit more complex. Will look into it and eventually fix.

Color palettes way more complex. We want to make improvements all over on this and address many of your requests for expanded palettes but there are a lot of complications that cause a cascade of bugs when palettes are changed. Not saying it won't be done, but probably not soon.

@crypticjoejing

What about more Klingon hair options? How tricky is it to make them available? Is it just a matter of enabling them as options or do they need to be shaped or something?

There's also this character based bug.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    What about more Klingon hair options? How tricky is it to make them available? Is it just a matter of enabling them as options or do they need to be shaped or something?
    Obviously, I'm not joejing.. but the Klingon heads currently use 'Ridged' head style by default. For a lot of hairstyles to work, and not look out of place, as the 'Ridged' head has a slightly different shape and proportions compared to most humanoids (without remodeling/reshaping), would be to let people use 'Humanoid' head-shape on their Klingon characters.

Although, some may argue it'd look a bit odd, but given the hairline/hair would cover the oddities on how the ridges appear for most, I think that'd be still better option than what currently Klingons are restricted to. I tried to do alien-gen half-Klingon, gave her thin-ridges and hair, and it looked just peachy.

Plus, if they're given 'Humanoid' head option, people could finally make these Augumented Klingons, with smooth foreheads, easily. Almost no work involved, bam. More hairstyles + more options for our Klingon friends.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »

At the time when the TMP outfits were first introduced (and I bought the set), I could use the TMP footwear on Females (in this case, Betazoid (F, Main) and Pakled (F, BOffs)) in the Skirts option.

Don't hate us...but we've wracked our brains and can't figure out what the "TMP" outfits are. What's the full name?
    I really encourage you guys to give each outfit in-universe names consistent with what the characters would identify them as. Would really lower confusion on this topic, I'd think. Plus it'd be more immersive.
    Obviously, I'm not joejing.. but the Klingon heads currently use 'Ridged' head style by default. For a lot of hairstyles to work, and not look out of place, as the 'Ridged' head has a slightly different shape and proportions compared to most humanoids (without remodeling/reshaping), would be to let people use 'Humanoid' head-shape on their Klingon characters.

Although, some may argue it'd look a bit odd, but given the hairline/hair would cover the oddities on how the ridges appear for most, I think that'd be still better option than what currently Klingons are restricted to. I tried to do alien-gen half-Klingon, gave her thin-ridges and hair, and it looked just peachy.

Plus, if they're given 'Humanoid' head option, people could finally make these Augumented Klingons, with smooth foreheads, easily. Almost no work involved, bam. More hairstyles + more options for our Klingon friends.

All the hairstyles I looked for, for the thread I linked I picked specifically as they are applied to 'ridged' heads (or heads with a similar design).

I do also like your idea of giving them the normal head option, but I'd still like the hairstyles I linked, most of the styles are NPC only but look really good.​​

#TASforSTO

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    All the hairstyles I looked for, for the thread I linked I picked specifically as they are applied to 'ridged' heads (or heads with a similar design).

I do also like your idea of giving them the normal head option, but I'd still like the hairstyles I linked, most of the styles are NPC only but look really good.​​
    You know how I roll. More options when it makes sense = better. :*:p I suggested the 'Humanoid' head option to be added, because it's rather effortless, breaks nothing, gives more logical options and I also know some people wanted smooth-forehead Klingons as well. Given how poor Klingons are, in terms of customization, any of this is simply a win for them. :smiley:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Boot Bulky and Boot Utility would be nice to have for female characters some day. :)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Can't seem to find the Oddy excursion pants in the tailor any more
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius