test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If there is gonna be a t6 Avenger...

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
will it have the origanal ship skin from the t5 version I really loved the avenger battleship before the t6 ships came out it was a awesome ship:D
Post edited by jim625 on

Comments

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it was a awesome ship

it is an awesome ship.
  • Options
    benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can upgrade to T5U or FT5U
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    All T6 versions of lower ranked ships have the hull of the lower ships, the Avenger, Mogh, and Mogi will be no different.

I assume the same goes for the T6 Defient, B'Rel and T'Varo.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    benben500 wrote: »
    You can upgrade to T5U or FT5U

They're talking about something we're not supposed to know about...wheeeee!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jim625 wrote: »
    will it have the origanal ship skin from the t5 version I really loved the avenger battleship before the t6 ships came out it was a awesome ship:D

That's how it works with every other Tier 6 upgrade from a lower tier ship, why would it be different this time?
    They're talking about something we're not supposed to know about...wheeeee!
    I am sure he's just harmlessly speculating on what kind of ships could get a Tier 6 variant, like those "Tier 6 Defiant" or "Tier 6 BOP" guys are...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    did try to fly the t5-u once wasn't really that great like it used to be :(
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    in my opinion, the problem comes from your build, not from the ship. with my t5-u, i can kill everything really fast
  • Options
    lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i would LOVE to have lt cm intel ability if they decide to upgrade the avenger. Thats the only thing I want.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Antman confirmed.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hopefully not. The role (of a battlecruiser) should be unique to the KDF. I would rather see a T6 Odyssey before anything else in the way of cruisers anyhow. The next T6 Cruiser the KDF should get is a Vor'cha variant.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    Hopefully not. The role (of a battlecruiser) should be unique to the KDF.
    The T6 Command ships are considered Battlecruisers so that ship has flown.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hopefully not. The role (of a battlecruiser) should be unique to the KDF. I would rather see a T6 Odyssey before anything else in the way of cruisers anyhow. The next T6 Cruiser the KDF should get is a Vor'cha variant.

WE need a t6 oddy show some love for the new Flagship I say at least give my oddy a hanger and a command boff seating
  • Options
    laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Who cares really.

When I'll get my hands on T6 Defiant ya'll be as good as DEAD. muahhahahah!
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Er...the Avenger Battle Cruiser for the Feds came out back in Oct 2013...and as thecosmic pointed out, they also just did the Command Battlecruisers - it's old news.

Feds

Cruiser
    Dreadnought Cruiser
    Battle Cruiser
    Command Battlecruiser

KDF

Battle Cruiser
    Flight-Deck Cruiser
    Command Battlecruiser

Feds don't have a Flight-Deck Cruiser, while the KDF lack either a Cruiser or Dreadnought Cruiser.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what i found interesting was, that the t6 avenger looks like a mix from sovy, avenger and the old "t5 sci cruiser formerly avenger" class ,-)

also i think they will be pilot seat ships and they will have a store variant and a t6fleet variant on release.

this time i will really get into zen shortage cause there will be a bop and the defiant ^^ luckily those wont arrive during the sumemr event. so i may manage to collect the missing 2500zen ^^
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The T6 Command ships are considered Battlecruisers so that ship has flown.
    They're closer to flight deck cruisers that can use DHCs than battlecruisers that can use hangar pets IMO.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, the only one I would say that is "needed" is a Romulan Variant of the Battlecruisers.

The Mogai is a good choice for that role, and though the Arky could also have fit the bill ( of course it already has a Fleet Assault Carrier variant, and the AhHell (Aelahl) is just an Arky with a long neck)

I just hope that (if the rumors are true) that with the T6 Mogai, Cryptic plays nice and allows us to "kitbash" with the current Mogai and the Valdore in the ship tailor.

The could do worse than give it the seating and layout of the Mirror Mogai actually, updated to T6 spec seating of course.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stofsk wrote: »
    They're closer to flight deck cruisers that can use DHCs than battlecruisers that can use hangar pets IMO.
    Well, the game refers to them as Battlecruisers - and they have Cruiser Commands restrictions. Maybe the fact that they are not "exactly" like the KDF Battlecruisers is a good thing? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    laferrari1 wrote: »
    Who cares really.

When I'll get my hands on T6 Defiant ya'll be as good as DEAD. muahhahahah!

With the way KDF designs are going, I'd expect this for the B'rel.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3484/4000632998_4536523681.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    All battlecruisers have weapon system efficiency as a cruiser command - that not's restricted to KDF battlecruisers either, ALL bcs, lock box ships and the Avenger for the feds, have those three cruiser commands. Meanwhile all flight deck cruisers are restricted to the shield regen and attract fire cruiser commands, something they share in common with the command cruisers.

They can use DHCs though, AFAIK none of the FDCs can use cannons.

Nomenclature is one thing, but if you want to be cynical it's entirely possible that they're called battlecruisers as a marketing thing. But really they're FDCs. If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's probably not a dolphin.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stofsk wrote: »
    They can use DHCs though, AFAIK none of the FDCs can use cannons.
    Why would they want to use cannons? Everyone knows that beams now rule the world. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Some people like vanilla, other people like chocolate :V
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Why would they want to use cannons? Everyone knows that beams now rule the world. :D

who cares about DPS.

Cannons are a way better challenge.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Wise Sages with a high IQ have pretty much confirmed a T6 Avenger/Mogh, as well as a T6 Defiant, B'Rel and T'Varo are on their way. ;)

I've gotta say I'm curious about the T'Varo. It might even inspire me to create that long-wished for Romulan Science Captain. (But haven't made yet due to lack of T6 sci ships outside of Starfleet.)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    laferrari1 wrote: »
    who cares about DPS.

Cannons are a way better challenge.
    This is STO. We do not want challenges: put weapons on autofire, hit spacebar once, fly in circle, repeat for next foe. :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    The Wise Sages with a high IQ have pretty much confirmed a T6 Avenger/Mogh, as well as a T6 Defiant, B'Rel and T'Varo are on their way. ;)

I've gotta say I'm curious about the T'Varo. It might even inspire me to create that long-wished for Romulan Science Captain. (But haven't made yet due to lack of T6 sci ships outside of Starfleet.)

Sometimes I hope Cryptic placed some of the models in the code just to troll the community, though :D I mean they had solid Klingon looking designs once. What is to come, though... ouch.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This is STO. We do not want challenges: put weapons on autofire, hit spacebar once, fly in circle, repeat for next foe. :)

right... I forgot. Well that applies to 90% of the players lol.

Today I tried a DPS channel I was invited to, all I heard about my Scimitar was "why AP cannons? Get beams" or "get DBBs", "at least it has 2 wings", to the degree that I was asked "do you know where you can find your traits?"

Yeah I mean wtf. If I want to use the damned cannons let me use the damned cannons. No offence meant.

Is it something compulsory to use beams or DBBs on a Scimitar or one cannot do his likings with that freaking ship?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Sometimes I hope Cryptic placed some of the models in the code just to troll the community, though :D I mean they had solid Klingon looking designs once. What is to come, though... ouch.

I swear the guy that doe the KDF designs now has some sort of Duplo fetish..meh. Probably keeps them in shoeboxes.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

Hey...I wish the Romulan pilot *bugs* looked half as good as the pilot Raptors!
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought the T6 Avenger had been out for years. in fact, here it is with a T6 Harvard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5L2QKkFnE

aviation, one's first love.

Seriously, I'd love to see a T6 version of this ship.

Wondering what console slot they would add. I'm guessing Sci, since that is the one that most lacking.

Was this data minned or something , or just mass speculation?
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.